Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lobsterboyuk

How popular is FoxesTalk with fans who sing?

How many FoxesTalk members sing and where do you sit?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you sit/stand in the KP

• L1, K1, J1
    • Somewhere else in the East Stand
    • Kop (SK..)
    • West Stand
    • Family Stand
  2. 2. Do you sing?

• Every match even if nobody else does
    • When the people around me do
    • Only when the ref makes a questionable decision
    • Never

"Never, I can't eat prawn sandwiches and sing at the same time!"

I don't particularly like the inference that if you don't sing, you're not a proper fan. Some people just don't like to sing - funnily enough, some people go to Leicester games to watch Leicester play football. If people want to sing, fine - I sing at away games, but when I go to home games I sit with my Grandad in the East Stand and I sit and watch the game and have a chat with him. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

I don't particularly like the inference that if you don't sing, you're not a proper fan. Some people just don't like to sing - funnily enough, some people go to Leicester games to watch Leicester play football. If people want to sing, fine - I sing at away games, but when I go to home games I sit with my Grandad in the East Stand and I sit and watch the game and have a chat with him. Doesn't make me any less of a fan than anyone else.

In some fans eyes .... Yes

I sit in SK2 and will sing if people around me do. Same away from home, although more people will sing at away games.

However, I do agree with indierich06, doesn't make you more of a fan if you sing more.

In some fans eyes .... Yes

Well sorry if I don't want to belt out piss poor versions of Achy Breaky Heart or some Peggy March song from the 1960's. Why don't we introduce some Elton John or some Lady Gaga into our repertoire too? That'll really strike fear into the hearts of away fans.

I don't think the point of this though is to have an I'm more of a fan than you thread, I think it is to gauge people's propensity for singing, and if there are 200-300 people on here that do all want to sing even if they are not confident enough to start chants/sing on their own.

Then the next step is to get these people together, as some have said on Saturday we could have been outsung by 200 people, so if we can get 200 people together wanting to sing, then we can get our own "FT ultras" together.

I was thinking about this the other day, get a group of FTers together, maybe for a cup match or an away game, where season tickets don't count, and see if we can make an FT noise, but that is only worth it if there are enough people willing to get involved. So far we have 27 willing singers.

I'm in H1 at home games, was gonna move this season but hardly any mates renewed at all so that never happened, I sing occasionally but not 24/7, I don't think a single person on here would honestly sing all game in that section, no chance.

It was intended as a joke, obviously not everybody thinks it's funny so I removed it. Captain Shrapnel pretty much gauged my true intent for starting the poll...

Used to sing years ago when was between 16-24 since then not really bothered anymore unless playing away from home. Amount of times sang in past and nothing ever happens outweighs the times i have sang and we.score because of it lol i actually think it could be an age thing considering u look ať L1 where all 16 21s síť and where the old guard síť like in the kop!!!

I voted L1, K1, J3 and that I sing when others around me do. I don't manage to get to that many games at home though and that may be the case for some other people that have voted in a similar way so everyone won't necessarily always be available.

When I do come up, I don't really know anyone else in K so I don't start chants but I do always join in, I love it.

If I can get more Saturday's off in the new year then I would be tempted to get a half season ticket. Even if it will cost sh*t loads in petrol.

The main thing i've learnt from the many polls and threads in here and the many callers to the phone in on Mondays and after a game is, there are quite a lot of people who are bothered by the atmosphere at the KP and have their opinions such as, 'the club are getting what they wanted' etc, but there are only a meager few willing to do something about it.

Resolution?

I think it would be more likely for Marty, the Doc and Einstein to turn up, take you back in time to when Leicester drew 3-3 at home to Arsenal when the atmosphere in the last 10 minutes of the game was possibly the most intense and spine-tingling i've ever experienced anywhere, than it would be to get any kind of atmosphere going at the KP.

Sorry.

Well sorry if I don't want to belt out piss poor versions of Achy Breaky Heart or some Peggy March song from the 1960's. Why don't we introduce some Elton John or some Lady Gaga into our repertoire too? That'll really strike fear into the hearts of away fans.

Interesting point this actually, my Dad's the same - he doesn't seem to be particularly pro standing or pro-sitting but he rarely joins in to any songs anymore and I simply think it's because he thinks we've got awful songs, which in fairness to him I can't argue with.

At home I sit with my dad and step sister and I like to properly watch the game and rarely sing.

At aways when I go I'll hit the pub with a group of mates, stand somewhere and sing like a nutter for 90 minutes.

Just different experiences. I think if I was to have an ST with my mate's we'd stand somewhere and sing but I enjoy going with my Dad and having a chat about what's going wrong with our team (usually :P).

Common answers here and I'm no different ,I sing if I go to a home match if others around me sing,but I'm tending to go to a few more aways as I prefer the day out/ atmosphere and sing song,it's part of it for me.My kids went to Brum with me and said I was like a dog with two cocks getting excited and singing.Not their actual words mind you.

Archived