Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Watford Match Thread

What is with people's obsession with giving people a chance. You have no idea if those players are any good, the management do as they see them week in week out.

You know what they say: You're always a better player when you're not in the side.

A wobble.

That's all.

Let's not turn this into a full blown slump, Bolton on Tuesday needn't be as hard as it sounds. They didn't sack their manager in October because they were doing well and they have a player we couldn't wait to get rid of at centre half.

We're still fourth and it's not inconceivable that we will beat Bolton and Forest back-to-back, especially after the latter's pasting by Millwall. After that, it's Ipswich at home and Sheffield Wednesday away. All of these are winnable if we have the right attitude.

Full time.

Positives

We have still scored in every game this season

Futacs was given a chance

Negatives

Knockaert is a massive big headed baby

Whitbread is yet again a liability

FoxPalace.Com is a negative b*****d

Course I am going to be negative when we play like shit and never looked like doing anything!

If we play negative and lose this = Negative comments

Not rocket science my old mucker

Quite funny that(some) so called fellow Leicester fans are chucking around exclamation marks around to show there disapproval to some posters yet when put right they disappear up there own ar$es!! Get a grip & support "our" club.

We need to win the next two now if we want to keep up with the autos, think we will have to settle for the play offs at best because we never turn periods of sustained pressure into goals. Sloppy passing has been our downfall since the break.

A lot of over-reaction on here but it's equally pointless pretending that 'this is just a one-off', because by the very nature of back-to-back defeats (and the sixth defeat of the season) it isn't.

I dearly hope that the Redknapp stories don't resurface though the Bolton game could be a deciding factor in that.

Clearly I didn't go today, but a few observations from a distance-

We've played, what, sixteen games this season and Whitbread has played in a quarter of them. We've lost six games this season and he's played in half of them. He's also the first player we've had sent off this season. I've seen him twice and from one game to the next couldn't believe I was watching the same player. Inconsistency has been a major problem in the past and we could do without it now.

Our poor points-per-game average with a 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 continues. If we look at the points average this has brought us since Pearson returned, it's relegation form.

Pearson's chirpy 'never mind' response to our last defeat didn't work. In his first stay I admired the fact that he often criticised a winning side; always keeping them on their toes. If they underperformed, they could expect extra training sessions and major changes to the personnel. I do hope he gives them the rocket up the bottom that, after four goals shipped in two very win-able games, and two defeats, they clearly deserve.

And... based purely on the commentary and the two games I've seen recently... do Drinkwater, Marshall and Knockaert need a bit of the hairdryer treatment, or am I missing something? For me our poor performance in front of goals - and stop hiding behind 'we've scored in every game this season' because it HAS been a poor performance in front of goal for the past four or so games - has more to do with these players than with our centre forwards.

You still have to worry though that imo we have put in our 3 worst performances in the last 3 games.

True but teams have blips, lets be optimistic and be glad that we are still in the hunt and we will stop this little blip next game.

Archived