Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enex

Watford Player Ratings

Schmeichel 7 - Not really at fault for either goal

Konchesky - 5 was very poor the first half out of position but improved as an attacking option in the second half

Morgan - 8 as usual morgan was solid at the back and won most things thrown at him

Whitbread 3 - Less whit today and more shit, got booked for holding a player back and a blatent foul for his second yellow card

Moore - 6 Not much of an impact in the first half, but improved through out the game, tried to make things happen on the right side in the second half

Drinkwater 4 - Never really imposed himself on the game

Marshall - 4 As Drinkwater He should be putting in more of a shift showing pearson the old ben marshall

King 5 Didnt really notice him but made some tidy passes in the second half

James - 7 Our best midfielder today tried to fill in for Drinkwater and break down the attacks, won alot in midfield and tried to make things happen

Knockaert 5 - Tries too take to much on himself, didnt really have much impact on the game

Nugent 7 - Scored the goal, but you can only do so much when your on your own ran himself into the ground

Dyer - 6 A better attacking option down the left side, very unlucky not to win anything from the ref

Waghorn 7- Thought he had a good game to be fair, good corners

Futacs 6 - Won a fair amount in the air, but would of liked him to come on earlier with the hoofing tactics

Kasper 7 - MOTM

Moore 6 - sme have critiscised him a lot for today but he always worked so hard and was positive

Morgan 7 - Always a 7 minimum

Whitbread 3 - Someone told me he had really good distribution. But its shocking, seemed all ove the place

Konch 5

Marshall 4

DD 5 - Wouldnt have taken him off

James 5

King 5

Knockaert 5 - Shouldnt have gone off

Nugent 6 Worked hard on his own all game, no service to him

Dyer 5 - As most times, he comes off the bench and cant get into the game

Waghorn 5

Futacs 5

Kasper 6 - Flapped at a lot. Couple of important saves.

Moore - 5 Looked out of shape at the start and got better.

Whitbread - 4 looked shocking today. All over the place and deserved to be sent off.

Morgan 8 Solid as per usual.

Konch 6 Better than his RB counterpart but not by much.

James 4 Chased a lot. Did nothing. Don't rate him.

King 7 got into good positions but did little with it

Drinky 6 not the best game but I wouldn't have taken him off

Marshall 6 huffed and puffed. Didn't blow the house down.

Knocky 5 Poor game from the French wizard. Made a massive change going on the right but didn't do too much.

Nuge 8 My MOTM. Chased everything down. Deserved his goal. Can't fault him. Won everything in the air.

Waggy - 5 not a lot

Dyer 5 didn't make the impact that Pearson envisioned. Went to ground too easily.

Futacs 5 I was waiting to see what the big man would do. Can't really judge him on 30+ minutes and not really seeing him much. Poor in the air. Shame, during the warm up looked lethal.

So lets all get on Zak's back and blame him for the defeat.

Unlucky with the sending off, harsh 2nd yellow.

As for the result, relax so we have lost a couple it's where we are towards the later part of the season that counts.

All teams will drop points just as Cardiff did today.

Could do with players back from injury soon with the games coming thick and fast.

As for the result, relax so we have lost a couple it's where we are towards the later part of the season that counts.

Could do with players back from injury soon with the games coming thick and fast.

I don't blame him for the defeat. He got sent off, that's just a footnote. He didn't have a good game today at all.

Not blaming him, but I started cheering when he won something against Deeney as he couldnt cope. It cant be a coincidence that since hes been in we've looked less solid and his sending off was clesr, personally thought he could have gone earlier

Schmeichel 8 - Kept us in the game at times with some good saves.

Moore 3 - Tried his heart out but was crap today. Hopefully will be better at centre half on Tuesday.

Morgan 8 - Doesn't deserve to be playing with one or two of the players in this team. He's a brilliant centre back, the best I can remember us having since Elliott.

Whitbread 1 - Atrocious. A "walking penalty" as the guy behind me said. Constantly had his hands all over the Watford attackers, and it was no surprise when he got sent off. Couldn's pass to a blue shirt either. Might have scraped a 2 or 3 but then got sent off.

Konchesky 4 - Awful first half an hour, where he was as dopey as anybody else on the field, but grew into the game to the point whereby he was not a total liability.

Marshall 2 - I've been calling for him to be involved, but he was awful today. Barely put in a decent cross and didn't attack his man. Deservedly taken off.

Drinkwater 3 - Nothing performance.

James 4 - As Drinkwater. Grew slightly in influence in the second half.

King 6 - Tried to provide some semblance of attacking influence from the centre of midfield.

Knockaert 5 - Not his best game, but always looking to create something. Unbelievable decision to replace him, particularly given what came on.

Nugent 5 - Did his best with some dire service. Not a lone centre forward.

subs:

Dyer 4 - Mastered the art of kicking the ball past the defender out of play but not without getting a free kick or corner. At least his pace forced them back.

Waghorn 6 - Wasn't awful. Which made him our 3rd best player today.

Futacs 2 - Garbage. A poor man's Steve Howard. In fact he did a pretty reasonable Roman Bednar impression today, ambling into defenders rather than actually jumping and trying to win a header. He's not good enough.

All in all we were atrocious. Watford looked like a lower-mid table Championship side. If we have any ambitions of getting promoted this season, we have to be looking to win these games. That we were never in it speaks volumes of the apathy and ineptitude of some of the performances on offer.

We've had a good start to the season, but our performance level has dropped significantly since the first half against Birmingham. We need to go back to 4-4-2 with Knockaert in a free role from (not on) the right, and the team should have the discipline to cover him.

I'm still angry about the fact that they brought Futacs on 8 hours later. I need to calm down.

Schmeichel 7 Made some very tidy saves, and some decent distribution too.

Moore 4 Was so poor first half, every time the ball came near him he panicked. Got forward well in the second half though, and tried his heart out til the end.

Whitbread 3 Absolute horror show. Gets turned so easily when he tries to nick the ball from in front of his man. Gets his feet muddled up everytime someone runs at him and ends up diving in. Was a much, much worse performance than the infamous Matt Mills at Vicarage Road which saw him forced out of favour with Pearson.

Morgan 7 In the first half he was having to do the job as a back four all on his own. Such a good defender, let down horribly by those around him.

Konchesky 5 Fairly steady, nothing brilliant.

Marshall 6 Was one of our brightest players in the first half, faded badly in the second before being subbed.

King 5 So ineffective first half, as we all know he is in an AM midfield position. Looked much better when he was back in CM. Pearson got it wrong with him today.

Drinkwater 5 Another poor one from him I'm afraid.

James 7 The shining light of midfield today. Probably the best he's played for us.

Knockaert 6 Looked dangerous in parts, but for goodness sake look up when you've got the ball. Should never have been subbed, looked the only one who was going to create anything.

Nugent 6 Ran his socks off. Very neat finish for the goal. Just never going to have a good day when we're playing long ball and he's being marked by Fitz Hall.

Dyer 4 Absolutely ineffective. Watford had clearly done their homework against him and knew exactly how to defend against him.

Waghorn 7 Was very good when he came on. Best he's been for a long time.

Futacs 6 Not sure if I'm convinced or not. Had a few decent efforts and some good link-up play though.

Schmeichel 8 (Watford had about 12 worthwhile shots on target to our one or two and but for Kasper might easily have scored four or five)..

Moore 3 (Only seemed to raise himself above mediocre once or twice. Never looked convincing defensively, just passed the buck as an attacker and looked like a kid against men generally).

Morgan 7,5 (At least the bloke showed some attitude and commitment although they got far too much space outside the box for a series of free shots at goal and he should have made sure we clamped down on it) .

Whitbread 0 (Hasn't had what I'd call a good game since he's been here and today summed him up in capital letters. He's a liability. He constantly gives the ball away, is too easily by-assed on the ground, almost, as ever, gave a goal away and got sent off for a totally incompetent and unnecessary tackle that let the whole side down).

Konchesky 5 (With Dyer on the bench he made no significant attacking contribution while looking all over the place defensively. As ever though, he stuck at it and did get forward a bit in the second half). .

Marshall 4 (Another nothing game which left more weight on the shoulders of others).

Drinkwater 2 (Followed last week's shocker with another).

James 2 (One of the reasons they were having shots at will from outside the box).

King 7 (Might have scored on a couple of occasions and, while all about him was crumbling, he kept passin the ball quickly, accurately and constructively.

Knockaert 6 (Frustating as ever but he did try to make things happen and what Pearson was doing to take him off ony he can explain)..

Nugent 6 (Scored the goal which at least gave us a fighting chance of recovery but it was tactical suicide to start with a lone striker and it wasn't our management's only mistake). .

subs:

Dyer 5 (At least brought Konch into the game more but the referee was having none of the claims that he was being baulked and it wasn't his best afternoon although quite why he's been reduced to the bench is beyond me considering how well he and the team were passing and outpacing the oppoisition earlier in the season)

Waghorn 6 (Did alright with limited opportunity - and certainly a lot more than Futacs) .

Futacs 2 (Both marks for one decent shot which is probably more than he deserves. All that height and potential strength and he competes for nothing. Total liability).

Pearson 0 (Tactically and philosophically seemed to have abandoned all the pace, pressure and passing which gave us momentum earlier in the season. It's up to him. Either get it back or sod off. This wasn't a team out there it was an spluttering engine in urgent need of a rebuild).

One defeat makes everyone rubbish of course.... from where I was sat

Kasper 7 - Some good saves

Moore 5.5 - Really struggled in the first half, and frequently out of position, but never hid and in the second half really worked hard to attack

Morgan 7 - Reliable, but struggled at times with the pace of Watford

Whitbread 6 - Hardly the disaster zone everyone seems to think, won most headers, passed ok, struggled against pace, and totally exposed for the second booking. But we need a scapegoat so let's make it him.

Konchesky 6 - Not too bad

Drinkwater 5 - Minimal impact

King 7 - Tried to make things happen in the first half, when not much was happening, worked well in the second. On form at the moment

James 5.5 - Poor in the first half, better in the second. He should be forced to pass forwards in training to remove his automatic bias towards sideways or backwards

Marshall 5 - Ineffectual

Knockaert 6 - The only player apart from King to try and make things happen first half. Second half moved to a different position and clearly wasn't sure where he was playing, and started getting agitated.

Nugent 5.5 - Didn't play well, not a solo striker, but nice goal.

Dyer 5 - Didn't do a lot

Waghorn 7 - Pick of the subs, looked sharp

Futacs 4 - Worst player on the pitch, for older viewers reminded me of the legendary Ormondroyd, tall but not actually very good in the air

Archived