Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cosb6

Do our owners care about fans?

Of course they don't give a shit. Buisness men genrally don't, no matter how much they seem to be. They don't give a toss about PR if they're making profits.

When we get in the premier league, they'll hope for us to get beat 10-0, just to get loads of international press.

are we making profits then ?

Martin George - " I don't think it is my responsibility to spend my family's fortune on the football club."

Well it's a good job that the fans don't think this way as they are constantly digging deep into their pockets to support the club. The Raksriaksorns have put their money where their mouths are and spent money they haven't been expected to. If people want to have a go at them because we didn't beat Forest then that is up to them.

We can judge Martin George's contribution because it is over. He was great at choosing up and coming managers who went on to be successful. But...he did not put a penny of his own money into running the club and managed to get success on the cheap through the talent of Brian Little and then Martin O'Neill.

The Raksriaksorn's period in charge is not over yet. When it is then we can judge them.

That is actually incorrect, even ignoring his involvement prior to administration (when the Trust didn't exist, so don't have the figures), Martin George was one of the consortium members who brought the club out of administration and then sold the club to Mandaric, so like every other consortium member receiving only 10% of his original investment back

Put their money where there is an 8% return in the future when they want it back. Think what you like but in no way shape or form do they care about you. Unless you intend to go to thailand and spend more money in the king power complex.

Our club is just an investment and marketing prop for king power.

Well I think the club membership and foxes junior schemes are a shamble. My eldest is a junior gunner and what he gets through the door is outstanding newsletters, books all sorts from the gunners, but that is whay you get when you marry into a cockney family I guess. But my youngest I made sure was a city fan. He loves city loves seeing Filbert, it was about a year ago I signed him up to be a junior fox, Had nothing through the door, by chance I was in the club shop and they said he was a member, and gave him his membership card, his was so delighted. But he is asking questions now why he gets nothing unlike his brother does on a monthly basis. I know nothing about marketing but I know that I could do a better job that what the current marketing people at LCFC are doing. IT is not rocket science really. Basis business ethics.

Serious question... i mean it, this is a serious question...

Do our fans care about our owners?

To be honest, since the new owners have come in, my team has been better than it has been for years and i actually believe they have provided some great times and worked to build a more successful Leicester.

If they hope to make a quid out of it... ive no problem with that.

Serious question... i mean it, this is a serious question...

Do our fans care about our owners?

To be honest, since the new owners have come in, my team has been better than it has been for years and i actually believe they have provided some great times and worked to build a more successful Leicester.

If they hope to make a quid out of it... ive no problem with that.

The owners are massively under appreciated. A lot of people must have either short memories or really good rose tinted specs, because in my lifetime the entertainment value and quality of football has rarely been better. Any apparent mistrust or dislike towards the owners really confuses me. I see no reason for it whatsoever.

Sometimes i get the feeling that some peeps want Top to meet them personally as they arrive to the game, give them a hug and a cuddly toy whilst telling them how great they are and then have an evangelical chior come out onto the pitch to sing them to their seat :P:ph34r:

That is actually incorrect, even ignoring his involvement prior to administration (when the Trust didn't exist, so don't have the figures), Martin George was one of the consortium members who brought the club out of administration and then sold the club to Mandaric, so like every other consortium member receiving only 10% of his original investment back

What percentage of his wealth did he put into the club compared to the percentage the average fan takes out of the mortgage/food/ general expenses pot every time they buy a match ticket? I will bet nobody has the figures for that but I will hazard a guess that the average fan comparatively makes a bigger contribution than any of our pre-Mandaric chairmen have.

Maybe it is harsh to single out Martin George. He did choose some cracking managers and presided over a successful period for the club. So, instead of levelling my criticism at George I will level it at every single board which has starved the club of ambition, investment and pride in my time watching Leicester City.

The only way the Raksriaksorns will make a profit out of the club is if we are an established Premier League club when they leave. If they leave under these circumstances, will anybody be criticising them? Before the Raksriaksorns, the club was in a slow terminal decline, which, without Mandaric, would probably have seen us in the lower leagues without a ground to call our own.

The club was dying and Leicester and Leicestershire's local wealthy were sitting on the sidelines watching, there hands firmly in their pockets along with their family fortunes.

Thank the Gods for the Raksriaksorns, and to a lesser extent Mandaric.

Correct me if I am being harsh.

I pointed out earlier that they just care about our money and not us... but they are actually being smart about it. They know you have to spend money to accumulate money... They are not being heartless about things... they are trying to do little things... the free pints... the fans village.... they may be small but they are more than what has been given us before...

I dont know whether people are being naive.. or romantacists or what the deal is... but they are buisnessmen... why whouldnt they try to make money?

There are very few buisnesses that DONT try and make money....

Can you imagine if some people in here started a buisness venture and people got annoyed with him for wanting to make some money out of it? It would be kind of laughable, really.

what I DONT want them to do is bleed the club dry... however i dont think that is what is going on, here... Yet! lol

Archived