Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Get well soon, James

Hope he makes a speedy recovery. Must be really shattering news but hopefully he'll come back stronger.

I expect Bobo to at least apologise and hopefully he'll visit the boy and do it face to face. It's the least he deserves.

140845[/snapback]

I hope so too. It was a disgraceful challenge, and to do it in a friendly, even one that was at times competitive in nature is bang out of order.

Get well soon James.

I've yet to see the challenge, I've only heard what has been said but I'm absoultely disgusted and upset by this. :(

I've just seen the interview with Levein on LCFCWorld and he looks mighty peeved- it looked like he was biting his tongue to stop himself saying what he really wanted to. He knew we'd found a gem of a player that was really going to play a part this season. I just hope against hope that Weso recovers from this and comes back twice as strong.

Good luck Weso we're all behind you mate :)

I'm still nearly in tears for two reasons. One, because at last Wesolowski was given his chance to prove how good he is and two because we probably won't see the lad again for a good year and who knows what will have happened by then?

The challenge was abysmal and by the sounds of it, it isn't the first time Balde has done something like this. He's a thug and was obviously jealous that a 17 year old whizkid was ripping the piss out of him.

I'm so upset about this, I really think with Weso in the time we could damage some teams I just hope he makes a speedy recovery and the likes of Williams, Gudjonsson and Kisnorbo take note of the way Weso played and do him proud next season.

As Levein has said this lad is as tough as old boots mentally and physically so he'll bounce back. I just hope the injury is pretty straight forward and an operation can sort it and he can focus on making a good recovery.

Why does this have to happen though? Stearman got injured that looked quite serious at first when he'd just started finding some unbelievable form, it's cruel and it makes me so ****in angry.

The only positive point is the fact that atleast Levein is aware how good this lad is now and it will be hard to keep a good man down like Weso, so once he's back to full fitness he'll be back knocking on his door.

All I can say is that it was a pleasure to see Wesolowski play for 40 minutes and without getting carried away I think i'm quite right in saying he could be the best prospect we've ever had.

Get well soon you double hard bastard!!

He's Here

He's There

He's Every-****in-Where

Young Weso

Terrible news about Weso. Couldn't make it last night due to work, but was looking forward to catching him at the Inter game, and nodoubt throughout the course of the season if reports are to believed.

Hopefully he'll battle back stronger. All the best Weso.

p.s. STILL no press from Strachan or Balde giving an apology. Balde was lucky this wasn't in a competative game or he would have been looking at a long ban. Surely he should still be banned anyway. As for Strachan, he probably condones this kind of thing.

Terrible news about Weso. Couldn't make it last night due to work, but was looking forward to catching him at the Inter game, and nodoubt throughout the course of the season if reports are to believed.

Hopefully he'll battle back stronger. All the best Weso.

p.s. STILL no press from Strachan or Balde giving an apology. Balde was lucky this wasn't in a competative game or he would have been looking at a long ban. Surely he should still be banned anyway. As for Strachan, he probably condones this kind of thing.

140899[/snapback]

Celtic should give us Shaun Maloney as compensation. Dirty ****in sweaty bastards. I know we aren't innocent on rash challenges, but if any of our players committed a challenge like that especially on a youngster who's got such a promising career i'd boo them every time they wore the City shirt again.

Balde was lucky this wasn't in a competative game or he would have been looking at a long ban.

140899[/snapback]

It doesn't matter if it's competitive or friendly, if the SFA see it and decide to act, they can.

Balde was lucky this wasn't in a competative game or he would have been looking at a long ban.

140899[/snapback]

It doesn't matter if it's competitive or friendly, if the SFA see it and decide to act, they can.

140904[/snapback]

Good. I hope they do.

get well soon weso, because he's so young this should help speed up the covery, i know from personal experience i broke my leg a few years back, not as badly though, and because i was so young it cut the recovery time dramatically

Do the club have any idea yet how long he'll be out for? :mellow:

141111[/snapback]

Put it this way, Weso could probably get pissed out of his face, nick a car, run someone over and kill them, plus drive off and be out of the game for less amount of time.

I reckon atleast 7 or 8 months

141111[/snapback]

I broke my leg on May 3rd last year. I didn't walk for nearly 14 weeks and will not ever play football again, mostly because of the psychological side of things. Even now my leg aches like hell if I play golf for example.....BUT with the help the club will give him and the high level of physio he will get Weso will be back walking a lot sooner than I was. It's then up to how strong the boy is mentally, let's hope he is strong and gets back playing as soon as he can.

You have your whole football future in front of you James, you will be back and will be a success, get well soon.

Ouch SF!!!! :(

James was bloody loving it out there last night, im completely gutted for the lad, he was playing a blinder. I hope you heal quickly Weso and get back in the team as soon as you feel able to.

141111[/snapback]

Put it this way, Weso could probably get pissed out of his face, nick a car, run someone over and kill them, plus drive off and be out of the game for less amount of time.

I reckon atleast 7 or 8 months

141127[/snapback]

Get well soon Jimbo. Got the feeling he'll be a Christmas present for us and up and back.

he will be back better than every! hes having surgery 2nite so goodluck m8!

141284[/snapback]

The recovery period with surgery is exactly the same as a non pinned break. He should have the plaster off in approx. 6-8 weeks and then be walking in a few weeks after that. The muscle waste damage is reversed by physio, which will be hugely better than mine, so he should be back running in anything from 12 to 16 weeks. After that the damage can only be mental (hopefully) and if he is as strong as CL say's he is then James will be back. Let's hope we can see him around Christmas or the New Year.

Saw a mate this evening who is a Celtic fan. He was very, very apologetic about Mr. Balde's challenge. Shame the same thing isn't forthcoming from the club.

Just remember Cisse came back from a horific leg break and he's running faster than ever.

Go Weso!!

141290[/snapback]

Really? :o

I find that hard to believe :mellow:

,Jul 20 2005, 8:26 PM]Just remember Cisse came back from a horific leg break and he's running faster than ever.

Go Weso!!

141290[/snapback]

141291[/snapback]

Well, I am basing this on his second half appearance in the first leg against TNS, but he was pelting up that wing like there was no tomorrow.

,Jul 20 2005, 8:26 PM]Just remember Cisse came back from a horific leg break and he's running faster than ever.

Go Weso!!

141290[/snapback]

141291[/snapback]

Don't hit me with those negative waves man !

Probably one of the worst i seen was on the aberdeen keeper, absolute no respect for anyone around him, im sure he actually knocked him unconcious. corner came in, absolute no care for anyones safety, went right thru him elbows the lot.

For the record, Preece wasn't knocked unconscious (kinda hard to tell with David admittedly, but I was there and recall he played on after the incident) but was shortly afterwards taken off. As I recall, Balde just jumped on him and slammed him into the post with no regard for safety (and nowhere near the ball). He was lying there for some time and clearly was dazed and injured.

Not having seen the tackle in question I don't want to condemn Balde and I have no reason to believe he is intentionally violent. However the SPL referees have continually allowed him to get away with over-physical conduct and I'm not particularly surprised that something like this has happened. It's really long past time that Balde, and some of his compatriots (Marvin Andrews springs to mind) were penalised the same as other (ie non OF) defenders. I know it's a man's game but I have watched for years now while they elbow, headlock and kick their way across Scotland and have wondered how badly they have to hurt someone on the opposing side before something is done.

Always bad to see a young player injured. I hope he comes back better and stronger for you.

Archived