Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Moore and Panayioutou

Yeah that willy puller Pearson never brings through talent from the Academy, what a dick! Just a couple of points though: Who was it who brought Andy King into the team again? Oh, and who played Liam Moore in the first team this season?

You seriously need to get a grip - Pearson is one of the best managers in this league for developing young players. How many other championship managers would have even played Panayiotou - a 16 year old kid - in the league anyway? Not many. That was a big part of his development and if he's good enough, he'll be eased into the team gradually, not thrown in off the deep end. That's why we've got Tom Hopper (a far better prospect IMO) out on loan at Bury at the minute, that's why we loaned out Moore to Bradford last season - getting the experience of first team football at a lower level first.

You're not a scout, you're not a football manager - you have no idea how good Panayioutou is - are you his dad or something?! He's scored loads and he's clinical? Yeah - against u18 defenders and goalkeepers. You know who else scored shedloads for the u18's? Elliott Chamberlain, Ashley Chambers, Eric Odhiambo, Chris O'Grady... the list goes on. And where are they now? Pearson has always given young players a chance in his time here and he's brought through two of our most exciting academy prospects in recent years, and I'm not even including Max Gradel in that.

If I were his dad I wouldn't waste my time on a forum I'd be speaking with Nigel right now. You seem to know it all , so what's the point of even having a view. I'll go with you vardy n waghorn it is then. Prem here we come with our goal machines. To hell with the youth prospects. Nigel you are not to be questioned again. Must say I'm supportive of Liverpool , arsenal etc. keep up the good work in the prem lads. We're happy watching dross strikers. Up to Leeds spent good money to watch a pair of donks up front.

If I were his dad I wouldn't waste my time on a forum I'd be speaking with Nigel right now. You seem to know it all , so what's the point of even having a view. I'll go with you vardy n waghorn it is then. Prem here we come with our goal machines. To hell with the youth prospects. Nigel you are not to be questioned again. Must say I'm supportive of Liverpool , arsenal etc. keep up the good work in the prem lads. We're happy watching dross strikers. Up to Leeds spent good money to watch a pair of donks up front.

So you've basically not read anything I've said and decided to have a little sarcastic rant. Good one.

Your view is that Pearson ignores and doesn't bring through youth players, my point is that he does, he has done and he will continue to do so. You seriously think we should drop a 16 year old kid into the first team and expect him to fire us to promotion? Pearson sees these players every day and he has always given chances to players who are a) good enough and b) have the right attitude. If he doesn't think he's ready for the first team yet, that's good enough for me.

You slag off Waghorn for not scoring enough, and use Panayioutou's one goal against Leeds as evidence that he's a great player. Well Waghorn scored in that match and had a very good game too, so by your own criteria, he must be an amazing talent too. If you don't like spending good money to go and see Leicester, don't bother - you won't be missed.

You cite Liverpool as a good example of bringing through youth players - they let one of their best prospects go to Blackpool for free and now they're trying to buy him back for millions. Great work there.

Harry P is not pulling up any trees with his overall performances and is way behind Hopper - Pearson would appear to send out the yuffs in order of where they are in their development ie recently it was Moore,Hopper and then Blyth - I'm guessing Harry will be next but in my opinion he has struggled to press on this year against older and more experienced defenders. I'm not a big fan of Blyth so was dissapointed that he went out before Harry P.

Yeah that willy puller Pearson never brings through talent from the Academy, what a dick! Just a couple of points though: Who was it who brought Andy King into the team again? Oh, and who played Liam Moore in the first team this season?

You seriously need to get a grip - Pearson is one of the best managers in this league for developing young players. How many other championship managers would have even played Panayiotou - a 16 year old kid - in the league anyway? Not many. That was a big part of his development and if he's good enough, he'll be eased into the team gradually, not thrown in off the deep end. That's why we've got Tom Hopper (a far better prospect IMO) out on loan at Bury at the minute, that's why we loaned out Moore to Bradford last season - getting the experience of first team football at a lower level first.

You're not a scout, you're not a football manager - you have no idea how good Panayioutou is - are you his dad or something?! He's scored loads and he's clinical? Yeah - against u18 defenders and goalkeepers. You know who else scored shedloads for the u18's? Elliott Chamberlain, Ashley Chambers, Eric Odhiambo, Chris O'Grady... the list goes on. And where are they now? Pearson has always given young players a chance in his time here and he's brought through two of our most exciting academy prospects in recent years, and I'm not even including Max Gradel in that.

So you've basically not read anything I've said and decided to have a little sarcastic rant. Good one.

Your view is that Pearson ignores and doesn't bring through youth players, my point is that he does, he has done and he will continue to do so. You seriously think we should drop a 16 year old kid into the first team and expect him to fire us to promotion? Pearson sees these players every day and he has always given chances to players who are a) good enough and b) have the right attitude. If he doesn't think he's ready for the first team yet, that's good enough for me.

You slag off Waghorn for not scoring enough, and use Panayioutou's one goal against Leeds as evidence that he's a great player. Well Waghorn scored in that match and had a very good game too, so by your own criteria, he must be an amazing talent too. If you don't like spending good money to go and see Leicester, don't bother - you won't be missed.

You cite Liverpool as a good example of bringing through youth players - they let one of their best prospects go to Blackpool for free and now they're trying to buy him back for millions. Great work there.

Look 1st of all I watched peake buchanan and lineker make their debuts. I am more than supportive of city for over 35 yrs home and away. Im merely sayin if the kid scored on his debut, shouldnt he have at least 1 appearance since then?

Im supportive of city before anyone individual , but surely wen we have a talent who scored on his debut shouldnt he get another go , not get punished for it. having said that I respect your opinion.

Look 1st of all I watched peake buchanan and lineker make their debuts. I am more than supportive of city for over 35 yrs home and away. Im merely sayin if the kid scored on his debut, shouldnt he have at least 1 appearance since then?

Im supportive of city before anyone individual , but surely wen we have a talent who scored on his debut shouldnt he get another go , not get punished for it. having said that I respect your opinion.

I completely understand what you're saying and I'm sure that Panayioutou is a decent prospect for us, but the only reason he was played in that Leeds match was because it was a meaningless game - it's great that he got a goal for us and it'll no doubt do wonders for his confidence and his development, but I wouldn't say he was dropped, or punished afterwards, he was just given a one-off cameo at the end of the season to aid his development. Pearson's always given chances to young players. I realise it's frustrating when the strikers in our first team aren't firing on all cylinders, its especially frustrating now that Nugent's out, but dropping a 16 year old lad in there and expecting him to be the answer to all of our problems could do more harm to his development than good.

Pearson has his flaws, but one of his best qualities is that he recognises young talent and he rewards hard work. If Panayioutou is good enough and works hard enough, you can guarentee Pearson will play him when he's ready. I might not sound like it sometimes, but I do respect the opinions of others on here - I just like to play Devil's Advocate.

I completely understand what you're saying and I'm sure that Panayioutou is a decent prospect for us, but the only reason he was played in that Leeds match was because it was a meaningless game - it's great that he got a goal for us and it'll no doubt do wonders for his confidence and his development, but I wouldn't say he was dropped, or punished afterwards, he was just given a one-off cameo at the end of the season to aid his development. Pearson's always given chances to young players. I realise it's frustrating when the strikers in our first team aren't firing on all cylinders, its especially frustrating now that Nugent's out, but dropping a 16 year old lad in there and expecting him to be the answer to all of our problems could do more harm to his development than good.

Pearson has his flaws, but one of his best qualities is that he recognises young talent and he rewards hard work. If Panayioutou is good enough and works hard enough, you can guarentee Pearson will play him when he's ready. I might not sound like it sometimes, but I do respect the opinions of others on here - I just like to play Devil's Advocate.

Fair enough mate, I guess your speaking sense. Just frustrated from last night I guess. Lets hope the lad does do the biz and we can see one of our own light up the kp in the future

hasn't anyone got any sense? think, idiots, when the FA cup comes around we can play Moore in that, so he should stay.

Great lets play another weeak team and have a Burton Albion until that game city always treated the cup with respect and everyone loves a big day out

This is a really interesting topic regards what we should do with the two young lads. I've pondered it for a while. Panayioutou's first team chances are likely to be limited in the current squad so give him some first team football and send him out on loan.

As for Moore, he's on the fringes so he needs to stay here. The FA cup is coming up and I think this is a great opportunity to play him in the starting 11 and prove his worth.

Anybody got any thoughts on playing Moore in the FA cup?

• 1 month later...

Archived