Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

When you're smiling!

Me and jobber have spoke about how many of our songs are sung too quick, jobber will be happy to set the pace with his drum aslong as people stick to it?

Who agrees that the knockaert song has become too quick?

Yep, and "Ring of Fire" at the Barnsely match second half was way too fast. Not Jobber's fault that one, whoever started it was fast and then all he can do is join in.

Does the song even get played before matches any more I usually get to the ground around 15 minutes before KO and I haven't heard it all season, it's going to be difficult to get it to catch on if the club doesn't play it.

I think they still played it earlier in the season but not for the last few months.

The Jersey Budd version wont get people singing although I'd rather have that than the dire music we are getting.A better version would be a good idea. As people have said it is our only unique song.

I'm not sure it could be fitted in after the PHG so may need to be played before it.

They have got to try something new to try to get the crowd going because it's a disaster at the minute.

I think they still played it earlier in the season but not for the last few months.

The Jersey Budd version wont get people singing although I'd rather have that than the dire music we are getting.A better version would be a good idea. As people have said it is our only unique song.

I'm not sure it could be fitted in after the PHG so may need to be played before it.

They have got to try something new to try to get the crowd going because it's a disaster at the minute.

Too right. This has been an extremely poor season for atmosphere and attendance, home games excite me a lot less than they used to which is a great shame, especially when we're performing so well on the pitch!

Music played before a match can "set the tone" a little and the stuff the club churns out of the speakers at the moment doesn't exactly fire the supporters up! I'd like to see changes as I'm sure many others would but the club seems very disinterested in match day atmosphere.

Too right. This has been an extremely poor season for atmosphere and attendance, home games excite me a lot less than they used to which is a great shame, especially when we're performing so well on the pitch!

Music played before a match can "set the tone" a little and the stuff the club churns out of the speakers at the moment doesn't exactly fire the supporters up! I'd like to see changes as I'm sure many others would but the club seems very disinterested in match day atmosphere.

The trouble is it's all the same type of rubbish. There are people of all ages in the ground so ideally they need a good mix with something to suit everybody.

Just heard it the once whilst driving into loughborough but swear they sang the wrong words at the end. When you're crying?

Did they sing the wrong words or what

Sang the wrong words then

"When you're crying you bring on the rain, so stop your sighing by happy again"? They're the actual words to the song but people tend to sing sighing twice rather that crying and sighing.

I've always sang crying/sighing rather than sighing x 2, although I noticed them guys in the pub did sighing x 2

IMO it needs slowing down a lot when chanted. I can't find anything decent that captures how I remember singing it back in the 90's apart from these geezers in the pub.

Not a great example but the key point is how slowly they are singing, the pauses, especially at the end. Tempo wise we should be similar to the slow start of "When the blues go marching in"

Archived