Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
featherman

Waghorn had appendix out.

Seriously concerned we might not win a tackle or header in this game, given their physicality.

Dear me, why don't we try and play our game? We can be physical if needed, but let's go there to play football, rather than be terrified of their presence.

What's this obsession with the fact that because Millwall might play a physical game, or have physical players, that we have to play that way to win? We haven't got the personnel to play long balls/a direct game or to dominate physically, besides Futacs; the man who couldn't win a header if he was the only player on the pitch. Why would we play like that against a team that have got the beating of us in the air all day long? We'll get murdered. Our best hope is to play to our strengths; get the ball, keep it on the deck, keep it tidy and keep it moving. Our passing is better than theirs, our movement is better than theirs - if we try and match them rather than playing to our strengths then we're in for a long afternoon.

If you're scrapping with some bloke who's got a couple of feet and a couple of stone on you, do you try and match him punch for punch? No, of course not - you dock, dodge and dive, work your openings and when you open him up - you make any attacks count.

If we lose on Saturday, it won't be because Millwall are a physical side, it'll be because they played well and we didn't play well enough.

:appl:

You typed what I couldn't be arsed to. Spot on!

:appl:

You typed what I couldn't be arsed to. Spot on!

I agree with this also. I don't think however that Millwall are an overly physical side it's just that Kenny Jacket (an underrated manager imo) always has his teams well organised, as he did when I watched us play there last year. I do think however that we'd do better this game with Drinkwater and James as opposed to King.

This could be one of those strange twists that work in our favour, feel sorry for Waggy, however Vardy broke his drought against Barnsley and has stated in mercury since he "needs to be more selfish" which I feel has been the only thing missing from his game. Couple that with speculation about a new striker or two possibly coming in january and we might see a determined and hungry front line saying drop us if you can!!! :chant:

Archived