Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Cardiff's Fans

Topics about how shite fans of other clubs are seem fairly pointless (like us after the last two games) All clubs have their fair share of every type of fan you can think of including ours, it's not unusual, unknown or a mystery.

not allowing my dislike for them to cloud my judgement, but I really did think they were poor yesterday, vocal wise to the number of fans they took.

9/10 though you could also say the same about our shite support away from home with the same numbers. The difference is though we have quite high standards I think, if their fans thought they were loud yesterday I guess its just low standards/expectations on their part

Cardiff are annoying and obnoxious, but I find the likes of Hull and Bristol City more irritating. Both nothing clubs with dreadful support, but the few fans they do have think they're decent clubs which is laughable.

As for Millwall, you've more chance of finding intelligent life on Mars than in a Millwall away end.

The only time Cardiff's support has been decent at our place has been for the play-off semi, they've been piss poor every other time. Massively overrated.

Can't disagree with that one bit to be fair.

Would imagine a lot of good lads are probably boycotting their games and have been replaced by utter helmets wearing red replicas.

Singing the ever so generic "Leicester is a shit hole, I want to go home" 20 minutes before the game had even kicked off was just cringe worthy.

Yeah, coz some of the morons in our support never do that do they.

I have to say that when we sold out your away end you lot were very quiet-even with your drummer(tee hee!)

Thats because the excitement of having you was so great we were awed, no , I lie lol

It just felt like we were playing a lower league team :xmasbiggrin:

You can't blame us, so much of LCFC's existence has been in the top two divisions bar one season, Hull finally managed to reach the top division just to stink it out and get relegated pretty fast, we just look down on you is all :thumbup:

you must have all left 10 minuites early like half of your stadium because first half and the last 10 minuites and 10 minuites after the match the cardiff fans were impressive imo

Cardiff were good, the fans were good, cant say otherwise but there has been many more impressive away support visit us this year and Palace have been the best team i have seen play us this season at the KP.

you must have all left 10 minuites early like half of your stadium because first half and the last 10 minuites and 10 minuites after the match the cardiff fans were impressive imo

Sorry mate, but blowing your own trumpet is never a good thing.

This forum although usually very bitter to fans who's team have beaten us, they're usually very complimentary on fans when they've felt it was due

hehe

unlike some on here and in general I do base my opinions on life experience. There was one decent welshman I've met.

I'll be flocking down from the valleys of Caerphilly the weekend we're supposed to play them away (although it'll be changed to a mid week game) The missis' mother and evil welsh step father live there.

The thing about Welsh fan's (not just cardiff fans) is that they do generally mean what they say about the English. Whilst I love the Welsh sceneary of the Brecon Beacons and Snowdonia the majority of Welsh I've met are the most pig ignorant unlikeable sods ive ever met.

If you're anything in real life like you are on here, Stu, then you probably inspire that reaction in most of the Welsh you've met - I doubt it's their default attitude, just one for you.

Being a Welshman who's been here long enough to lose his accent I'm sometimes considered out of place both in England and Wales, so I'm used to pretty much every reception and type of reaction under the sun.

In my (pretty ****ing vast) experience, 99% of the Welsh who think I'm English usually respond with more vague curiosity than anything else. These people tend to be in the Cynon, where my family are, or the like of Bridgend and Llanelli where they don't see a lot of tourists and people are quite chatty, quite nosy and usually want to know what brings you to their part of the world. I've never been abused or insulted because anyone thinks I'm some English willy puller. Probably because I don't act like some English willy puller. You shuffle about with a chip on your shoulder and you'll stand out a mile, that's your failing not everyone else's.

People's reception does tend to warm up when you explain you were born just round the corner but I've taken plenty of English mates "back home" and they're never had trouble, nor have any of the English people I know living down there. My mate's dad in Bridgend's from Sussex, has been there all his life, his kids and his wife all speak fluent Welsh and he's never had grief.

And in Cardiff of all places? So many English students and migrants these days everyone's just used to it, people don't tend to bat an eyelid if they hear an English accent. The Welsh just don't give a ****, it really is far more of a myth that we all loathe the English than people realize, it's mostly just mutual banter these days and sporting rivalry.

As David Mitchell once said, people from Yorkshire generally have more of a chip on their shoulder about the English than the Welsh do nowdays - and they ARE English!

I've taken far more stick for being Welsh, living in England, from people who quite sincerely meant their hatred then I've ever, ever witnessed the reverse.

If you're anything in real life like you are on here, Stu, then you probably inspire that reaction in most of the Welsh you've met - I doubt it's their default attitude, just one for you.

Being a Welshman who's been here long enough to lose his accent I'm sometimes considered out of place both in England and Wales, so I'm used to pretty much every reception and type of reaction under the sun.

In my (pretty ****ing vast) experience, 99% of the Welsh who think I'm English usually respond with more vague curiosity than anything else. These people tend to be in the Cynon, where my family are, or the like of Bridgend and Llanelli where they don't see a lot of tourists and people are quite chatty, quite nosy and usually want to know what brings you to their part of the world. I've never been abused or insulted because anyone thinks I'm some English willy puller. Probably because I don't act like some English willy puller. You shuffle about with a chip on your shoulder and you'll stand out a mile, that's your failing not everyone else's.

People's reception does tend to warm up when you explain you were born just round the corner but I've taken plenty of English mates "back home" and they're never had trouble, nor have any of the English people I know living down there. My mate's dad in Bridgend's from Sussex, has been there all his life, his kids and his wife all speak fluent Welsh and he's never had grief.

And in Cardiff of all places? So many English students and migrants these days everyone's just used to it, people don't tend to bat an eyelid if they hear an English accent. The Welsh just don't give a ****, it really is far more of a myth that we all loathe the English than people realize, it's mostly just mutual banter these days and sporting rivalry.

As David Mitchell once said, people from Yorkshire generally have more of a chip on their shoulder about the English than the Welsh do nowdays - and they ARE English!

I've taken far more stick for being Welsh, living in England, from people who quite sincerely meant their hatred then I've ever, ever witnessed the reverse.

I know what you mean though as you've never met me its a rather unfair assumption!

even if it was true its a bit like the chicken and egg situation, which came first?

I know what you mean though as you've never met me its a rather unfair assumption!

even if it was true its a bit like the chicken and egg situation, which came first?

Eh, your prejudice came first. It's not unique to the Welsh-English relationship, you see it in London all the time, too. It's quite funny, you can spot the begrudging Northerners rolling out of Euston, St Pancras and Kings' Cross with that Bitter Sweet Symphony swagger like they need to carry this ridiculous chip on the shoulder and force themselves to stand out. Only because they assume these arrogant, Southern, London types are going to be judgmental and they aren't.

Being good for 20 minutes out of 90 is shite. I consider that below par for us so it shows the kind of standards you lot have.

Eh, your prejudice came first. It's not unique to the Welsh-English relationship, you see it in London all the time, too. It's quite funny, you can spot the begrudging Northerners rolling out of Euston, St Pancras and Kings' Cross with that Bitter Sweet Symphony swagger like they need to carry this ridiculous chip on the shoulder and force themselves to stand out. Only because they assume these arrogant, Southern, London types are going to be judgmental and they aren't.

I've been going to Wales through family holidays since about the age of 4 up til about the age of 17. With my parents not giving two hoots about who's welsh or english or what, my prejudice never came from them! Indeed they nearly bought a bloody house in Hay on Wye (barely in Wales i know)

Archived