Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Cardiff's Fans

I've been going to Wales through family holidays since about the age of 4 up til about the age of 17. With my parents not giving two hoots about who's welsh or english or what, my prejudice never came from them! Indeed they nearly bought a bloody house in Hay on Wye (barely in Wales i know)

I'm not blaming your parents. I'm blaming stereotypes perpetuated by generations of English with a siege mentality.

Eh, your prejudice came first. It's not unique to the Welsh-English relationship, you see it in London all the time, too. It's quite funny, you can spot the begrudging Northerners rolling out of Euston, St Pancras and Kings' Cross with that Bitter Sweet Symphony swagger like they need to carry this ridiculous chip on the shoulder and force themselves to stand out. Only because they assume these arrogant, Southern, London types are going to be judgmental and they aren't.

that's quite some talent you have there :xmasbiggrin:

which ones are they in this vid ?

i think i saw a bloke eating chips out of paper , is he one ?

Never had a problem with the Welsh. Scottish people are downright scary, especially when you have to ask them to repeat themselves three times (well its not my fault you can't speak English). Seems like everyone i met in Scotland owns a ****ing huge dog aswell.

Eh, your prejudice came first. It's not unique to the Welsh-English relationship, you see it in London all the time, too. It's quite funny, you can spot the begrudging Northerners rolling out of Euston, St Pancras and Kings' Cross with that Bitter Sweet Symphony swagger like they need to carry this ridiculous chip on the shoulder and force themselves to stand out. Only because they assume these arrogant, Southern, London types are going to be judgmental and they aren't.

Sometimes Northerners coming off trains in London wanting to stand out are hilarious.

if you want to spot begrudging northerners the whippets and ferrets are a dead giveaway :xmasbiggrin:

i think begrudging northerner spotting would be better than train spotting .

come to think of it there's no reason not to do both :thumbup:

Cardiff are a lot more pleasant than a good handfull of other clubs in our division, the only reason that they get a worse reaction from a lot of our fans is that some fans dislike the Welsh.

It's incredibly hypocritical to start a thread like this when a number of our fans chanted 'sheep shaggers' and other such delightful chants at them. Sure the anti-English chants aren't nice, but a lot of clubs use racist chants against us, with no provocation, that's a much bigger issue.

My point is that if England is so shit then don't play in our league, play in your own.

Then you can stay in the valleys where all is wonderful :)

Take it on the chin gents. Over-reactions like Mack's are more pathetic / funnier than the chants themselves.

It's a game for christ's sake.

I'm sorry but they get all the benefits from playing in our league then think they can rock up and start saying England is full of shit.

Liberty.

I'm sorry but they get all the benefits from playing in our league then think they can rock up and start saying England is full of shit.

Liberty.

Jesus Christ man you don't take offence easily do you? You must be in floods when away fans give it "Your ground's too big for you" or whatever.

Having ventured to cardiff for the play-off semi and an england wales game i safely say the welsh hate the english with a passion. If they don't they do a dam good impression of f0#€$t not caring about us.

And having been in a wrexham home end it's even worse in north wales.

Personally i think the welsh clubs want cake and not just to eat it.

Maybe they should fcuk off and play in scotland. Solve 2 arguements in 1 move.

As for any arguements on who has the better away support. 2k of leicester starting the night one down on play-off semi 2nd leg night. We have a clear winner.

I'm more offended by Cardiff swallowing Malaysian shit to get a better shot at the Premiership, then promptly asking other fans to help them get their blue shirts back halfway through the season if I'm honest.

I'm more offended by Cardiff swallowing Malaysian shit to get a better shot at the Premiership, then promptly asking other fans to help them get their blue shirts back halfway through the season if I'm honest.

Well that's just a load of rubbish.to begin with. The same fans who are against it now are the ones that were against it then.

It's not like it was the fan's decision, there's just **** all they can do.

Our owners have made us a billboard for a company rumoured to have some seriously unethical practices before they took over and whom we never hear that about now!

I don't hear you harping on about that or threatening to boycott the club for selling us out for sponsorship. Don't pretend that changing a shirt colour is infinitely worse than what the Thais have done here that we've all gobbled up.

Where are we protesting the merry go round of managers and over paid players?

You're just as prejudiced as Mack when it comes to Cardiff, Rob, you're just vaguely more subtle.

The number of red shirts in the CCS on a matchday suggests otherwise Finners. A boycott of the red shirt in favour of the blue 'away' shirt would make the owners take the hint but it hardly looks like a grudging acceptance, it's much more enthusiastic than that.

Do I like the King Power branding? No, I don't. I don't particularly like the fact that the frieze that hung under the roof for a decade, depicting many of the club's finer moments, was binned off to advertise a shop selling Bells' and Thai teddy bears in Bangkok.

That said there are numerous precedents. Bolton were far more closely intertwined with Reebok for two decades. Shirt sponsorship, kit manufacturers and stadium sponsorship were all provided by Reebok for about 15 years. An honest, working class club playing at a characterful old ground in Burnden Park went to quite a dull one. Arsenal replaced one of the most iconic stadia in English football with one sponsored by Emirates and took the same name on their shirts. Annoying for both clubs, but nobody advocated changing their badge and colours to sell more shirts halfway across the world. Bolton still play in white and still have the same badge. Arsenal still play in red shirts with white sleeves and still have a cannon on their badge.

What the Malays did with Cardiff was far more cynical. The open admission was that red would be more marketable in the Far East and so that was the choice of shirt colour. Red has never been a colour of Cardiff City but that didn't seem to bother them. It'd be akin to us replacing our kits with an all yellow effort, replacing the Fox with an elephant and having Thailand emblazoned across our shirts. It wouldn't be the same club and I wouldn't bother visiting.

I admit I have little time for Cardiff even in blue, but it's hardly prejudice because they're Welsh if that's what you mean. I have enormous respect for Swansea and the way in which they've achieved their place in the Premiership. A slow, patient build up over the years with no sugar daddy, no rash spending policy and the spirit of the club intact. Much friendlier bunch than Cardiff in my experience too. All that and playing the kind of football that ourselves and Cardiff are miles off being able to play at the moment. Swansea for me are the model for any club aspiring to reach the Premiership and stay there without bankrupting themselves or destroying their heritage.

There are ways and means of making progress that don't include whoring the club's soul. King Power aren't doing it the way I'd like to see it, and I'm not comfortable with our club being a rich kid's plaything, but at least my team still plays in the colours it has for over a hundred years.

Does anyone know what the Cardiff fans (at the game) thought of yesterdays match? Do they think they were a little lucky to win? Think they deserved the win, or what? What about their opinion on us compared to other teams they have played? Anyone?

the general thought is that leicester couldntput away they're chances whilst cardiff put there one chance away therefore the more clinical.

performance wise the thought is that it was one of those 1 - 0 wins that wins you championships.

cardiff fans were very good.

thats what is being said not my words.

have a look on the cardiff city forum ; http://www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewforum.php?f=2

Liberty.

I hate to think what your laundry bill must be like. Every morning, another set of soiled bed linen.

Archived