Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Cardiff's Fans

Having ventured to cardiff for the play-off semi and an england wales game i safely say the welsh hate the english with a passion. If they don't they do a dam good impression of f0#€$t not caring about us.

And having been in a wrexham home end it's even worse in north wales.

Personally i think the welsh clubs want cake and not just to eat it.

Maybe they should fcuk off and play in scotland. Solve 2 arguements in 1 move.

As for any arguements on who has the better away support. 2k of leicester starting the night one down on play-off semi 2nd leg night. We have a clear winner.

we brought the same (2 thousand fans) to you 3 days before christmas for 1st v 5th whilst you brought that down here for a play-off semi 2nd leg when we brought 3 thousand to you for the first leg lol .

last season you brought 300 fans last season down here yes 3 - 0 - 0 whilst we brought 1,300 to you this february lol .

im afraid you are wrong and theres the evidence.

we brought the same (2 thousand fans) to you 3 days before christmas for 1st v 5th whilst you brought that down here for a play-off semi 2nd leg when we brought 3 thousand to you for the first leg lol .

last season you brought 300 fans last season down here yes 3 - 0 - 0 whilst we brought 1,300 to you this february lol .

Volume level..........

The number of red shirts in the CCS on a matchday suggests otherwise Finners. A boycott of the red shirt in favour of the blue 'away' shirt would make the owners take the hint but it hardly looks like a grudging acceptance, it's much more enthusiastic than that.

Do I like the King Power branding? No, I don't. I don't particularly like the fact that the frieze that hung under the roof for a decade, depicting many of the club's finer moments, was binned off to advertise a shop selling Bells' and Thai teddy bears in Bangkok.

That said there are numerous precedents. Bolton were far more closely intertwined with Reebok for two decades. Shirt sponsorship, kit manufacturers and stadium sponsorship were all provided by Reebok for about 15 years. An honest, working class club playing at a characterful old ground in Burnden Park went to quite a dull one. Arsenal replaced one of the most iconic stadia in English football with one sponsored by Emirates and took the same name on their shirts. Annoying for both clubs, but nobody advocated changing their badge and colours to sell more shirts halfway across the world. Bolton still play in white and still have the same badge. Arsenal still play in red shirts with white sleeves and still have a cannon on their badge.

What the Malays did with Cardiff was far more cynical. The open admission was that red would be more marketable in the Far East and so that was the choice of shirt colour. Red has never been a colour of Cardiff City but that didn't seem to bother them. It'd be akin to us replacing our kits with an all yellow effort, replacing the Fox with an elephant and having Thailand emblazoned across our shirts. It wouldn't be the same club and I wouldn't bother visiting.

I admit I have little time for Cardiff even in blue, but it's hardly prejudice because they're Welsh if that's what you mean. I have enormous respect for Swansea and the way in which they've achieved their place in the Premiership. A slow, patient build up over the years with no sugar daddy, no rash spending policy and the spirit of the club intact. Much friendlier bunch than Cardiff in my experience too. All that and playing the kind of football that ourselves and Cardiff are miles off being able to play at the moment. Swansea for me are the model for any club aspiring to reach the Premiership and stay there without bankrupting themselves or destroying their heritage.

There are ways and means of making progress that don't include whoring the club's soul. King Power aren't doing it the way I'd like to see it, and I'm not comfortable with our club being a rich kid's plaything, but at least my team still plays in the colours it has for over a hundred years.

Swansea City wnt bankrupt twice.

Regarding your claim that Cardiff City fans are enthusiastic about red you ar well of th mark. Replica shirt sales are down by nearly 70% this season.

You're stats are incorrect. 620 in the league game and I'm sure it was a Sunday and was on Sky.

You brought 945.

If you want to continue stroking yourself about your amazing away following, you averaged 1068 compared to our 1914.

What an unpleasant bunch of knuckle draggers Cardiff brought with them yesterday.

I was just coming out of the mega store as their convoy of coaches arrived, so I hung about and watched them get off.

A group of toe rags (probably around 300) dressed exclusively by Sports Direct and having smelt the fumes off a can of shandy bass disembarked and grouped together to sing.. 'Oh England... is full of shit' etc.

This is exactly what I hate about them.

Yes England is full of shit, so please piss off back to the league of Wales and you'll never have to come here again.

You might even get a crowd of over 100 for your first home game!!

Have to agree. And it's been the same when Swansea have come to Leicester.

I don't mind the anti-English chanting, it's given and taken so shouldn't be a problem. But some of the scum that I've seen hopping on and off buses from Wales whenever Cardiff or Swansea play in Leicester really is fairly repugnant. And it is certainly disproportionate with other clubs. I know every club has their share but with those two it always seems to be an increased number to normal.

You only gave us 2,000 so we could only sell that, our away end holds 3,200 so yeah. Big difference there. Your allocation would of been smaller hadn't it been for the police stopping Leicester splitting the away end in half so we could have more fans in the ground.

Good support numbers wise terrible vocal always the same with Cardiff.

How far?! They're top of the league! Not that far is it ? Don't matter how far it is. Satutday 3pm top of the league. You should easy sell out. They're not a big club and never have been. Welsh dragons sums them up. PLASTIC

Replica sales have gone down by 70 percent, attendances down by an average of 3 thousand because of fans boycotting and the malaysians said they would not do anything due to an aggresive reaction from the ccfc fan base then a week later without any warning I wake up and there it is they bastards have taken 100 years of my clubs history away...:( . You talk absoloute bollocks you thick **** also how far is sheffield to leicester? We actually sold what we were given asked for more but were told no due to policing reason so there you have it.

If you're anything in real life like you are on here, Stu, then you probably inspire that reaction in most of the Welsh you've met - I doubt it's their default attitude, just one for you.

Being a Welshman who's been here long enough to lose his accent I'm sometimes considered out of place both in England and Wales, so I'm used to pretty much every reception and type of reaction under the sun.

In my (pretty ****ing vast) experience, 99% of the Welsh who think I'm English usually respond with more vague curiosity than anything else. These people tend to be in the Cynon, where my family are, or the like of Bridgend and Llanelli where they don't see a lot of tourists and people are quite chatty, quite nosy and usually want to know what brings you to their part of the world. I've never been abused or insulted because anyone thinks I'm some English willy puller. Probably because I don't act like some English willy puller. You shuffle about with a chip on your shoulder and you'll stand out a mile, that's your failing not everyone else's.

People's reception does tend to warm up when you explain you were born just round the corner but I've taken plenty of English mates "back home" and they're never had trouble, nor have any of the English people I know living down there. My mate's dad in Bridgend's from Sussex, has been there all his life, his kids and his wife all speak fluent Welsh and he's never had grief.

And in Cardiff of all places? So many English students and migrants these days everyone's just used to it, people don't tend to bat an eyelid if they hear an English accent. The Welsh just don't give a ****, it really is far more of a myth that we all loathe the English than people realize, it's mostly just mutual banter these days and sporting rivalry.

As David Mitchell once said, people from Yorkshire generally have more of a chip on their shoulder about the English than the Welsh do nowdays - and they ARE English!

I've taken far more stick for being Welsh, living in England, from people who quite sincerely meant their hatred then I've ever, ever witnessed the reverse.

Was it you who burnt down my second home ?

Archived