Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lucymountain

Team Loyalty

It also depends on the club. A bloke I know has a young son whose dream is to play for Leicester...the whole family are huge fans but Leicester don't think he's good enough. A prem club do, as do another Championship club quite close to us, so he has joined their youth set up and although they're all really pleased for him they're kind of disappointed that Leicester can't see in him what other clubs do. But if you were his parent what would you say to him? "Sorry son, Leicester don't want you. Best accept that you're gonna work at the crisp factory that used to sponsor them cos that's the closest you'll ever get to playing for them" or "That's a shame, but if you work hard and play really well then one day they'll see what they're missing out on and will be begging you to play for them"?

Football is a business and being a Footballer is a job.

'Sorry Sir Alex I'd love to come and play for you and earn 160k a week get a free car and house but I'm a Knitters fans so I'm off there to play for two free pizzas and a ball of wool' .................................................

It also depends on the club. A bloke I know has a young son whose dream is to play for Leicester...the whole family are huge fans but Leicester don't think he's good enough. A prem club do, as do another Championship club quite close to us, so he has joined their youth set up and although they're all really pleased for him they're kind of disappointed that Leicester can't see in him what other clubs do. But if you were his parent what would you say to him? "Sorry son, Leicester don't want you. Best accept that you're gonna work at the crisp factory that used to sponsor them cos that's the closest you'll ever get to playing for them" or "That's a shame, but if you work hard and play really well then one day they'll see what they're missing out on and will be begging you to play for them"?

Fair point. Best of luck to him

to me there no loyalty in football, if a team comes in with a better wage then there on they will go, it like every one if you got a chance to do the same job as what your doing with better pay your not going to stay where you are. some players might say there loyal but there not and all the player who say there are are play for one of the best teams in the world or playing has high as they can.

if it was me playing for leicester and a team came in for me with alot higher wage i would go, at the end of the day your self and family comes first and if you can get better money else where you go.

to me there no loyalty in football, if a team comes in with a better wage then there on they will go, it like every one if you got a chance to do the same job as what your doing with better pay your not going to stay where you are. some players might say there loyal but there not and all the player who say there are are play for one of the best teams in the world or playing has high as they can.

if it was me playing for leicester and a team came in for me with alot higher wage i would go, at the end of the day your self and family comes first and if you can get better money else where you go.

Agreed. Also it's not just the money but a chance to play at the highest level you can.

Archived