Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lucymountain

Team Loyalty

I've recently started following leicester, and find the whole 'players supporting other football teams' odd - for example Nugent supporting Everton. I was led to believe football was entirely based upon loyalty and passion. How can players support an entirely different team when they are playing for another? For my point of view- it seems extremely false and money-orientated.

I've recently started following leicester, and find the whole 'players supporting other football teams' odd - for example Nugent supporting Everton. I was led to believe football was entirely based upon loyalty and passion. How can players support an entirely different team when they are playing for another? For my point of view- it seems extremely false and money-orientated.

Jamie Carragher is an Everton fan, is anyone in any doubt that he is totally committed to Liverpool? you whole point is false even before the big money came in players have always moved around

Your theory just sounds naive to be honest. Certainly back in the day the players were more local thus increasing the chance of some of them supporting city.

I'd like to think some of the players have some attatchment to the club if not the manager, certainly Nuge has said NP has got him playing his best football of his career. I think the younger lads especially from man utd appreciate coming to a club like us and being able to ply their trade here and on the most part become favourites with the fans

I've supported Leicester for as long as I can remember. If I was following a successful football career it wouldn't affect this. It would be my dream to play for Leicester but I'd play as an academy player for whoever offered me a place, I'd sign a contract with the best club that came in. It wouldn't stop me following and supporting Leicester like I had done since I was born though.

These players are doing their jobs, that's it to most of them. They may love their jobs but it is still a job and it's naive to think that all players care more for the club than they do for their careers.

I will happily discuss things like this with you over a drink... :ph34r:

I've supported Leicester for as long as I can remember. If I was following a successful football career it wouldn't affect this. It would be my dream to play for Leicester but I'd play as an academy player for whoever offered me a place, I'd sign a contract with the best club that came in. It wouldn't stop me following and supporting Leicester like I had done since I was born though.

These players are doing their jobs, that's it to most of them. They may love their jobs but it is still a job and it's naive to think that all players care more for the club than they do for their careers.

Would you be happy playing for Leicester all your life in say the Championship, or would you if offered the chance, play for say Man Utd?

Add me on Facebook and we can discuss this further. Whether it be over private message or a drink down braunstone gate.

Would you be happy playing for Leicester all your life in say the Championship, or would you if offered the chance, play for say Man Utd?

Very classy, lads :P

I don't think I'd spend my whole career there without chance of success. Obviously it's a very hypothetical question and would depend on your ability, development and contract offers. When I think about it I do understand how young lads accept lucrative moves, especially if they're moving from a random clubs academy.

If I was a decent championship player and no better offers came in I'd be delighted to stay at Leicester for my whole career. Not like I'm earning a bad living and I get to literally live out my dream.

Very classy, lads :P

I don't think I'd spend my whole career there without chance of success. Obviously it's a very hypothetical question and would depend on your ability, development and contract offers. When I think about it I do understand how young lads accept lucrative moves, especially if they're moving from a random clubs academy.

If I was a decent championship player and no better offers came in I'd be delighted to stay at Leicester for my whole career. Not like I'm earning a bad living and I get to literally live out my dream.

I think (like in Moore's case) you'd be 'living the dream'- hate that phrase, but you know what I mean. I know Man Utd were allegedly interested, though he isn't that good yet. Even then, I wouldn't begrudge him a move elsewhere but I honestly think I'd be happy as a pig in shite playing for us my whole career.

I suppose when money is involved, it is just like another other job in that sense

Not just that, sometimes clubs can't afford to keep players, when a player is in demand and a club has debts, the club may decide to sell if the right amount if offered, the player wouldn't then hang his boots up because he's not playing for the team he's a fan of, It comes down to professionalism, and a love of the sport in general.

Archived