Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lucymountain

Team Loyalty

I don't know how I would feel if I was playing for someone else in the FA Cup final & it was against Leicester?

Tough one but I'd like to think I'd be a professional about it. Depends how much you're enjoying time at the present club though. If you loved it and had good mates there I think it'd be 100% effort on the day.

You will struggle to find players who play for loyalty these days. Steven Gerrard is a good example of good loyalty though. From Liverpool, supports Liverpool and plays for Liverpool. That will never change, although he is a quality midfielder and could have easily won more trophies at other clubs. But players like Carragher, Owen, Fowler all played for Liverpool despite supporting Everton. On the subject of Everton though, and think Baines supports them.

Players shouldn't highlight the true colours when playing for another team though, not constantly in the public as some do. Nugent, for example, said something about missing Everton playing against Liverpool at Wembley because we were playing Millwall on the same day. He ended up having a poor game.

wow my posts got deleted, lighten up whichever dick mod did that

My post seemed to get deleted although I didn't say anything provocative?

Why would this not be real? I don't mean to sound naive. I just am giving an outsiders opinion, someone who doesn't know much about football

Not the angle I was taking, it wasn't meant to be hostile :)

Now, if I were good enough, I'd play for Leicester as long as they wanted me. If I were Premiership standard, I'd stay until I got us into the Premiership. Some would call that unambitious. I'd call it team-based ambition and not just thinking about myself. If I were a great player at LCFC, that would attract other great players to the team. As for the money, anyone playing regularly at this level for five or six seasons is going to earn themselves more than enough to live a very comfortable life so long as they weren't silly with it and invested wisely.

this

I've recently started following leicester, and find the whole 'players supporting other football teams' odd - for example Nugent supporting Everton. I was led to believe football was entirely based upon loyalty and passion. How can players support an entirely different team when they are playing for another? For my point of view- it seems extremely false and money-orientated.

They were supporting those teams as kids long before they became football players. Supporting another team is no bar to commitment and loyalty to the team you play for. What would be false and extremely shallow is if they changed their support according to who they're currently playing for.

They were supporting those teams as kids long before they became football players. Supporting another team is no bar to commitment and loyalty to the team you play for. What would be false and extremely shallow is if they changed their support according to who they're currently playing for.

Yeah but trevor benjamin. Steve claridge and david speedie could almost claim to have done the 92 between them.........

Archived