Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lucymountain

Team Loyalty

She asks a question about football, and people are dribbling over her, really? And Nugent isn't good enough for Everton. Most players aren't from Leicester so are obviously going to support a hometown club or someone other than Leicester. It's their job to play for Leicester so they are most likely(I hope) to want to do their best.

I think (like in Moore's case) you'd be 'living the dream'- hate that phrase, but you know what I mean. I know Man Utd were allegedly interested, though he isn't that good yet. Even then, I wouldn't begrudge him a move elsewhere but I honestly think I'd be happy as a pig in shite playing for us my whole career.

Yeah, the Moore situation is a good example. Like I said, I'd be ecstatic to play for us forever, but if a big offer came in to play for a decent Premiership team it would be hard to refuse. Especially with the wages they'd be paying. You could go from a really good job for 10/15 years to being set for life.

Yeah, the Moore situation is a good example. Like I said, I'd be ecstatic to play for us forever, but if a big offer came in to play for a decent Premiership team it would be hard to refuse. Especially with the wages they'd be paying. You could go from a really good job for 10/15 years to being set for life.

Now, if I were good enough, I'd play for Leicester as long as they wanted me. If I were Premiership standard, I'd stay until I got us into the Premiership. Some would call that unambitious. I'd call it team-based ambition and not just thinking about myself. If I were a great player at LCFC, that would attract other great players to the team. As for the money, anyone playing regularly at this level for five or six seasons is going to earn themselves more than enough to live a very comfortable life so long as they weren't silly with it and invested wisely.

Now, if I were good enough, I'd play for Leicester as long as they wanted me. If I were Premiership standard, I'd stay until I got us into the Premiership. Some would call that unambitious. I'd call it team-based ambition and not just thinking about myself. If I were a great player at LCFC, that would attract other great players to the team. As for the money, anyone playing regularly at this level for five or six seasons is going to earn themselves more money than enough to live a very comfortable life so long as they weren't silly with it and invested wisely.

yep . i'd do the same

yep . i'd do the same

Me too.

Had this discussion when Heskey left for Liverpool. I couldn't understand why he would go to Liverpool when we were showing so much promise of better things.

I can't imagine anything more fantastic than playing for the team I love, playing for England & earning a shitload of cash in the process.

Now, if I were good enough, I'd play for Leicester as long as they wanted me. If I were Premiership standard, I'd stay until I got us into the Premiership. Some would call that unambitious. I'd call it team-based ambition and not just thinking about myself. If I were a great player at LCFC, that would attract other great players to the team. As for the money, anyone playing regularly at this level for five or six seasons is going to earn themselves more than enough to live a very comfortable life so long as they weren't silly with it and invested wisely.

YES YES YES

Because they are professional people being paid to do a professional job. Most peoe don't "support" the company they work for but still work hard at what they do.

It's the same reason that whenever a player gets transferred to a new team they are always "really excited" to be at this new "massive club" and say that that have always wanted to play there. Of course its all a load of bullshit but can't really go in and say "well from a supporters point of view I can't stand this club, but I am a mercenary and they offered me the most cash so now I'm going to try and further my career to get out of here at the earliest opportunity"

Archived