Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James Incredible

I've always thought he looked a tidy player with massive potential but the last two games have been 'easier' on the midfield at Hull he had the luxury of a 3 man midfield and Huddersfield were and incredibly weak side everyone looked comfortable, the same could be said for Keane, minimal threat. I'd like to see how he and Drinky cope as a 2 man midfield against stronger opponents.

I've always thought he looked a tidy player with massive potential but the last two games have been 'easier' on the midfield at Hull he had the luxury of a 3 man midfield and Huddersfield were and incredibly weak side everyone looked comfortable, the same could be said for Kean, minimal threat. I'd like to see how he and Drinky cope as a 2 man midfield against stronger opponents.

This....

:thumbup:

I might get shot down but I reckon we are one more midfielder away from promotion. As I've said all season, a bigger lad to mix things up when we need to could be the final piece in the jigsaw.

I'm not with the likes of Thrac and Marbella Dave. We need to grind out results away by using the correct tactical set up to absorb pressure and hit on the counter. The last three games IMO have been SPOT ON tactically.

I'm not with the likes of Thrac and Marbella Dave. We need to grind out results away by using the correct tactical set up to absorb pressure and hit on the counter. The last three games IMO have been SPOT ON tactically.

Tactics and mental approach are what we need Col, as for the big lad in midfield I will beg to differ, if they don't have the ball all they can do is chase it as you move it around. Maybe some one in the Charlie Adams mould, which Jamez could grow into. KISS keep it stupidly simple should be our motto along with Foxes Never Quit.

I also found Thacs posting in the post match thread a little confusing, still I am a fat old goat so I get confused easerly

This....

:thumbup:

I might get shot down but I reckon we are one more midfielder away from promotion. As I've said all season, a bigger lad to mix things up when we need to could be the final piece in the jigsaw.

Rat-a-tat-a-tat........ :nono:

Have you seen us away from home, Leeds, Watford, Millwall........ :dunno:

We are not a physical side and are far better playing football than trying to compete physically with those that are.

If we try and 'grind out' results I am afraid it is us that will get ground down. I am not quite as 'gung ho' as Thrac, but I do believe we should play to our strengths, quick, assertive attacking football is what we are best at, why on earth would we want to play any other way....... :dunno:

Rat-a-tat-a-tat........ :nono:

Have you seen us away from home, Leeds, Watford, Millwall........ :dunno:

We are not a physical side and are far better playing football than trying to compete physically with those that are.

If we try and 'grind out' results I am afraid it is us that will get ground down. I am not quite as 'gung ho' as Thrac, but I do believe we should play to our strengths, quick, assertive attacking football is what we are best at, why on earth would we want to play any other way....... :dunno:

You seem to have some romantic notion Dave that we can impose our game onto the opposition wherever we play and whoever we play.

We can't.

Some teams won't allow us to. Instead, some teams will play rough and tough, will spoil, will defend well and will hit us with some sucker punch. This has happened this season at Charlton, Blackburn, Millwall and Leeds, to name but four.

When we went to Millwall and played a 4-4-2 with King and Drinky, most of us knew what would happen and it did.

I'm far more content, away from home, to fill up the middle, slow play down, absorb the home teams pressure, then hit on the counter.

You moaned after the Hull game. For me, the Hull result was superb.. To get a point at the team second in the table, to then see Leeds go to Hull last weekend and be turned over with ease, made me further think that Pearson got his tactics spot on.

I also then stated I'd revert back to 4-4-2 at home yesterday, which we duly did.

Why I'd want one more, bigger, more physical centre midfield player is not to constantly play him, but to be able to bring him on to get more of a physical presence in the middle of the park in those games where we look to be losing that battle.

4-4-2, controlling, attacking at home.

4-5-1 absorbing and countering away from home is how I'd go (or variants of this, essentially to control the defensive side of the midfield).

I've said this all season and nothing has changed IMO.

Afternoon Col, busy day so a while getting back....... :blush:

A fundamental difference in philosophy means we are not going to agree here, which is fair enough.

Several of the games you mention I thought we did try to close things down somewhat but only really succeeded in closing down our own game.

Millwall is the prime example, we thought it was going to be a difficult game, set ourselves up to contain and got penned in and eventually forced to concede. We sat deep, with both Knockaert and Dyer given heavy defensive roles which effectively pegged them back for most of the game, they were barely able to get forward at all.

This was not really necessary as defensively we were dealing with Millwall well enough, the problem though was that having won the ball, we had no one in position to receive it when we tried to bring it out of defence. The result was a fair amount of hoof, which given Millwall's back 4 was laughable.

The point is that Millwall did not have to fight to gain the ascendancy, we gave it to them and in the end their forward momentum eventually forced a goal, momentum that we conceded to them virtually from the outset.

I have no way of knowing what would have happened had we gone after Millwall but I would have preferred us to have given it a go rather than sit meekly on the back foot waiting to be beaten....... :dunno:

I have said many times, I can take getting beat if we have actually given it a go and tried to play, it's when we don't actually try and play that that I get annoyed.

I saw that early on in the season he was getting a lot of criticism from you guys. He was always very highly rated early in his years at united, SAF spoke very highly of him, unfortunately for matty he had a very serious injury and was out of the game for around 18 months which effectively cost him his career at united. Leicester city have themselves a very talented and tidy midfielder who IF, he is played regularly and keeps fit he will be a terrific asset to your team :)

at the start of the season I didn't think he was up for it, but I am glad to say he is proving me wrong with his recent performances. As what was said earlier in the thread sometimes it takes longer for some players to settle in.

I am eating humble pie and it don't taste too bad lol

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see that he has been getting a run in the team and that people are starting to notice Matty!!!!

Good to see that he got a Goal on Saturday for you also :chant: he took it well from the highlights on Sky Sports News :thumbup:

I will look forward to your game on Friday live on tv against Middlesborough :scarf:

Its almost like he's a different player. He looked everything you'd want in a midfielder on Saturday. Didnt waste a pass, strong in the tackle, great goal. He also looked a bit quicker than in previous times i've seen him. No disrespect to King but James is doing everything that we've been wanting to see from King for the last 2 years. Hopefully this will give Andy the spur to push on.

It's easy to forget that the lad hadnt played any football in 18 months prior to pre season traing this year. I think it's been a great comeback from the lad. A lot of Leicester fans slated him early on. If I remember right the 3 early games he started Leicester won. Then a short goal scoring spell from king saw him sitting on the bench. Which then led to a few defeats. I think it's great that the lad can take it on the chin and step up to the plate when needed. He was a class act at man utd and like I said in one of my first ever posts I think within the next 4 or 5 years he will be playing in the premier league. Hopefully with Leicester.

Archived