Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kingfox

Matty James Incredible

Made a thread on him before, but he deserves another one :D

Like I have said before, I have been impressed with Matty James in all his home games so far, today though his performance was on a whole different level, he was incredible. Myself has been not so sure about the midfield this season, especially in some games, but deciding to bring in Matty James for the Burnley and Huddersfield games, has been a great decision from Nigel Pearson.

I really like how he plays, he does the unspectacular things very well. He got stuck in ever so well today, broke attacks, started attacks, closed down well and was full of energy. His passing as well was top notch, and he has a great understanding with Drinkwater which is a positive. I would start him more often, because I really rate this lad, he has put in some top performances over the first half of the season, but today was by far his best, it's mind blowing to think if he can put in those type of performances in, week in week out, then I will be giving him 9, 10 ratings every week.

Matty James is a seriously good midfielder, and one we have been missing, and I will go as far as to say, forget this defensive midfielder everyone has been raving about including myself, sorry Col i'm going to have to ditch you, and start a Matty James fan club. If we want to get in someone like Powell on loan then fair enough, he is more of an attacking presence, but Matty James is a quality all round midfielder.

Well played today Matty James :appl:

Average early on in the season, but was excellent today and at Burnley. Some players just take longer to settle at a new club, I think we have three decent young CM's in Kingy, James and DD!

I just hope Pearson learns to use them in rotation, rather than sticking with the same two until one tires/loses form/picks up a knock, then stick with them a bit longer, then change things.

Both king and drinkwater have looked like they could benefit from a rest and freshening things up a bit in the middle, if all 3 are equally comfortable rotating and playing as a 3 at times then we should do that, they are all still quite young and will have dips in form, and pick up little knocks and niggles.

I don't see the benefit in bringing in Powell unless we stand a chance of signing him, or as an alternative to lingard to warm the bench in case we have some injuries.

I just hope Pearson learns to use them in rotation, rather than sticking with the same two until one tires/loses form/picks up a knock, then stick with them a bit longer, then change things.

Both king and drinkwater have looked like they could benefit from a rest and freshening things up a bit in the middle, if all 3 are equally comfortable rotating and playing as a 3 at times then we should do that, they are all still quite young and will have dips in form, and pick up little knocks and niggles.

I don't see the benefit in bringing in Powell unless we stand a chance of signing him, or as an alternative to lingard to warm the bench in case we have some injuries.

I agree, they have to do a lot of work and DD & King have looked shattered during dec.

You can see his quality shining through as his confidence grew within the past couple of games still think King and Drinkwater are our best two central midfielders partnership but competition helps but it is a team game which is the main thing.

Made a thread on him before, but he deserves another one :D

Like I have said before, I have been impressed with Matty James in all his home games so far, today though his performance was on a whole different level, he was incredible. Myself has been not so sure about the midfield this season, especially in some games, but deciding to bring in Matty James for the Burnley and Huddersfield games, has been a great decision from Nigel Pearson.

I really like how he plays, he does the unspectacular things very well. He got stuck in ever so well today, broke attacks, started attacks, closed down well and was full of energy. His passing as well was top notch, and he has a great understanding with Drinkwater which is a positive. I would start him more often, because I really rate this lad, he has put in some top performances over the first half of the season, but today was by far his best, it's mind blowing to think if he can put in those type of performances in, week in week out, then I will be giving him 9, 10 ratings every week.

Matty James is a seriously good midfielder, and one we have been missing, and I will go as far as to say, forget this defensive midfielder everyone has been raving about including myself, sorry Col i'm going to have to ditch you, and start a Matty James fan club. If we want to get in someone like Powell on loan then fair enough, he is more of an attacking presence, but Matty James is a quality all round midfielder.

Well played today Matty James :appl:

Great game today great performance Knockaert different class but man of the match for me Matty James never put a toot wrong which allowed the flair players to do their stuff

Archived