Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Ben Marshall - Starter?

It's not even a contest. I know marshall's not ripping up any trees at the moment, but you would have to be blind not to see that he has quality in him. A word you could not use for dyer. IMHO dyer has not done anything of note since he signed for us & there is no chance of us going up if we have him constantly in our starting 11.

I think we all expected Marshall to be a big player for us this season, a midfielder capable of scoring 10-15 goals and be one of our star players week in the week, pundits probably expected the same thing, as he did have a terrific half a season with us.

This season though he has under performed, to the point where he hasn't proved his worthy enough of a regular starting place, he needs to get his form back up, and have a good run of games, if he doesn't he will be in and out of the team for the rest of the season.

He has potential, bags of it as he showed last season, this season he isn't showing it.

I think we all expected Marshall to be a big player for us this season, a midfielder capable of scoring 10-15 goals and be one of our star players week in the week, pundits probably expected the same thing, as he did have a terrific half a season with us.

This season though he has under performed, to the point where he hasn't proved his worthy enough of a regular starting place, he needs to get his form back up, and have a good run of games, if he doesn't he will be in and out of the team for the rest of the season.

He has potential, bags of it as he showed last season, this season he isn't showing it.

Spot on..

:thumbup:

Never been even close to as good as some people on here like to make out. I think everyone was just going way over the top about him because he replaced Gally last season. He's not been much better than Gally but because he's not him everyone on here loves him.

I think Dyer should still start, just, but it's a long hard season etc and injuries, Dyer being knackered as he looks all the time mean Marshall will have starts, and if he actually does well then he might earn himself a starting role. Still young too. Lots of positives about him, hopefully he develops like a few signs suggest he could with us and becomes a very good player.

Never been even close to as good as some people on here like to make out. I think everyone was just going way over the top about him because he replaced Gally last season. He's not been much better than Gally but because he's not him everyone on here loves him.

I think Dyer should still start, just, but it's a long hard season etc and injuries, Dyer being knackered as he looks all the time mean Marshall will have starts, and if he actually does well then he might earn himself a starting role. Still young too. Lots of positives about him, hopefully he develops like a few signs suggest he could with us and becomes a very good player.

He's quicker than Gally, Stronger than Gally, Has a better Left foot than Gally, Can beat people more often than Gally, He gets stuck in more than Gally, Contributes more to the team performance than Gally, Works harder than Gally.

Just some of the reasons why he is much better than Gallagher. Gallagher is a luxury player. A very good one at this level and someone who might shine in a team of workman like players but he's a long way off the level of Marshall. If Captain Shrapnel is right with his stats and he continues like he has done for the rest of the season he'll end up on 5/6 goals and 10-12 assists which is pretty decent. He's starting to recover some form and he's been 2nd choice for large parts of the season so if he can continue to improve his form for the second half of the season I see no reason why he can't hit double figures for goals and get 15+ assists which would be an exceptional return.

Think he should be starting atm but its not the end of the world if he hits a bad patch of form again because Lloydy is decent enough at this level to replace him.

Definitely worth a start. Wouldn't be fussed with him and Dyer rotating though...

Think what Waggy was like earlier in season before Pearson gave him a run, his performances improved massively. A nice run in the team may serve Marshall well.

Guy has bags of talent, we all know that. Form is temporary, class is permanent and all that

Archived