Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Johnny Cash

Ben Marshall - Starter?

How would you rate his performances this year?

Personally I believe he has been average at very best.

Seems to have lost confidence, something which a goal won't fix, before some expert comes out with that...

Does he deserve to start for us at the moment, I'd say no...

How would you rate his performances this year?

Personally I believe he has been average at very best.

Seems to have lost confidence, something which a goal won't fix, before some expert comes out with that...

Does he deserve to start for us at the moment, I'd say no...

Personally, I don't feel that Lloyd is in any better form. He certainly offers an outlet and lightening pace. Marshall however has an excellent delivery and rarely puts in a bad cross. Tough one!

Dyer is an impact sub imo and a very good one at that his pace is an asset when he can come on for 30 minutes or so and destroy the opposition fullbacks, no surprise than when Knockaert and Marshall start we produce the goods.

Something not right about him atm. Flashes of a great player but otherwise average.. Homesick? Split up with his gf ? I think its personal to be honest.

He had a good couple of games at the start, then was dropped which was a little surprising at the time, since then he has been fairly shite. You could be on to something there with the personal theme.

He's hardly set the world on fire this season, it's true. But Dyer has shown time and again that he can't deliver consistent performances (or a cross, for that matter) despite the fact that he does have some of the skills required to be a good winger (e.g. pace, a willingness to run at players).

For the minute his place in the team looks reasonably safe, if only because of a lack of a better option. He's still young though and will improve.

He had a couple of poor passes on Tuesday but to be fair he beat his man a few times and had some decent deliveries. He's only going to pick up form, he had this last season when he was bedding in. He will come good!

I think we expected more from him this season due to several absolute screamers he scored last year and his assists. This year has been a little disappointing but he's still won us points with his goals and assists and long may it continue. I am hoping he becomes a bit more consistent towards the end of this season, we need the likes of him and Knockaert to do it on a regular basis if we want to catch the top 2.

I think we expected more from him this season due to several absolute screamers he scored last year and his assists. This year has been a little disappointing but he's still won us points with his goals and assists and long may it continue. I am hoping he becomes a bit more consistent towards the end of this season, we need the likes of him and Knockaert to do it on a regular basis if we want to catch the top 2.

Would agree with this, he set the bar very high for himself this season after last year. He hasn't been the same but yes, he has provided some top-notch assists (cross for Nugent for the 3rd vs Derby - literally perfect) and scored a couple too. As NP said after Hudd its good that he's getting a run in the team and he'll pick up in coming weeks. If only him or Knocks was naturally left-sided we'd have a right double act on our hands!

Played well at the weekend and his afternoon was cut short by a disgusting challenge. Luckily he was not seriously hurt.

He's coming back into form and should be a starter at the moment for me.

Played well at the weekend and his afternoon was cut short by a disgusting challenge. Luckily he was not seriously hurt.

He's coming back into form and should be a starter at the moment for me.

Agree with this.

3 goals and 6 assists this season, not bad for a player looking off form, a few people have alluded to personal problems off the pitch.

If we don't make any additions in Jan then I would like to see Dyer, Marshall and Knocky all utilised for the rest of this season rotating as fatigue and opposition strengths dictate, all 3 are more than capable at this level, like James King and Drinky, I don't really see us losing much by playing any combination of those 3.

Specifically with regards to Marshall he needs games at the moment, and is getting better, I would certainly play him against Burton, get his confidence up.

Young, early in his career for us, showed his potential so far in my opinion.

Tight between him and Dyer for a start at the mo, both have their +/-'s so I'd say it was one of our smaller problems at the moment.

Archived