Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Horse Racing

• 9 months later...

4 million guineas paid for 5 year old broodmare at Tattersalls yesterday. :o

Of course Dancing Rain is in foal to Frankel.... with bloodlines like that, that foal will certainly be one to watch in the future!

4 million guineas paid for 5 year old broodmare at Tattersalls yesterday. :o

Of course Dancing Rain is in foal to Frankel.... with bloodlines like that, that foal will certainly be one to watch in the future!

Out of 133 mares in his first season in stud, 126 are in foal apparently. £125k stud fee as well, Frankel is a money making machine.

• 1 month later...

Out of 133 mares in his first season in stud, 126 are in foal apparently. £125k stud fee as well, Frankel is a money making machine.

He will never match Galileo, ridiculous price for a debut sire!

I remember watching him as a yearling though shortly after being broken in, He was a nightmare, trying to kick his way out of the box anywhere he went,

I remember standing with Sir Henry on Warren Hill, he said "Watch this one" He worked all over his intended "Lead" horse, and Shane was having his arms pulled out...

I realized then he was something special, It was not until I asked what he was working with, I realised he'd just gone 9 lengths clear of a 4 year old 106 rated listed winner!

A good friend of mine wanted to find a race to enter first time out, He came back to me and said "we've got the horse entered, He runs at newmarket, we've found a little maiden hopefully he can run well"

In the race.. Frankel, Nathaniel and Genius beast!

He was soon withdrawn when the hype broke out about those 3!

• 2 weeks later...

7 weeks until Cheltenham  :smile:

Anyone got any early bets on? Anything they're looking out for a run from in the coming weeks to make sure they'll be backing them come March? 

This will be my first Cheltenham working in the bookies, looking forward to it, my colleagues say it's great. Buzz about the place, everyone discussing who's going to win what, what money's going where and of course we're effectively being paid to watch top quality racing. Ooooh yesss. 

7 weeks until Cheltenham :smile:

Anyone got any early bets on? Anything they're looking out for a run from in the coming weeks to make sure they'll be backing them come March?

This will be my first Cheltenham working in the bookies, looking forward to it, my colleagues say it's great. Buzz about the place, everyone discussing who's going to win what, what money's going where and of course we're effectively being paid to watch top quality racing. Ooooh yesss.

Hopefully the telegraph will be doing another fantasy league.

It's becoming a tradition for me to have festival week off. Been the past two years on the first day and watched the rest on TV. This year I'm watching the first two days and then going in the posh bit the Thursday and in the Best Mate enclosure on Gold cup day. Cannot wait!

Hopefully the telegraph will be doing another fantasy league.

It's becoming a tradition for me to have festival week off. Been the past two years on the first day and watched the rest on TV. This year I'm watching the first two days and then going in the posh bit the Thursday and in the Best Mate enclosure on Gold cup day. Cannot wait!

Yeah here's hoping, last year's was fun. 

Sounds boss mate, jealous! I debated trying to get it off but didn't have enough holiday left and a few already had it off to go obviously being big racing fans, as well as it being one of the busier weeks in the year for us. Still not bad that I'll get to watch it all with the regulars and colleagues :D 

Some clues coming up at the weekend too, be interesting to see how Big Bucks gets on after a mammoth amount of time off, 8/11 for the weekend, 7/4 for the World Hurdle at the Festival. One bookies are very happy to lay by the sounds of things, could all change with a good performance at the weekend. 

I'm going on the Friday again this year, will be my fourth year in a row. Never go to the racecourse though, just go for the piss up on the stretch of Pubs when you first hit Cheltenham town, first stop the Cotswolds pub. 

About a stretch of 4 pubs, Chippy on the corner, few bookies and then head into bars and what not when the Racing has finished. The amount of women who are hanging around Cheltenham hoping to bag themselves a bloke with a load of money is frightening. 

The end of the days racing last year on the Friday I left the bookies with £450 on me, only went with £200. Felt like a right G!

Yeah here's hoping, last year's was fun. 

Sounds boss mate, jealous! I debated trying to get it off but didn't have enough holiday left and a few already had it off to go obviously being big racing fans, as well as it being one of the busier weeks in the year for us. Still not bad that I'll get to watch it all with the regulars and colleagues :D

Some clues coming up at the weekend too, be interesting to see how Big Bucks gets on after a mammoth amount of time off, 8/11 for the weekend, 7/4 for the World Hurdle at the Festival. One bookies are very happy to lay by the sounds of things, could all change with a good performance at the weekend. 

Word is that he's back to form, and just as good as ever..

I'll be smashing him.

Word is that he's back to form, and just as good as ever..

I'll be smashing him.

Smashing the 8/11 on Saturday or getting on the 7/4 for the Fest before Saturday? Or both if you're that confident :D 

Other top quality racing this weekend includes the Irish Arkle, The Fly vs Jezki vs Our Conor. Should be another cracker with yet more Festival clues. They're everywhere from now until March! 

Smashing the 8/11 on Saturday or getting on the 7/4 for the Fest before Saturday? Or both if you're that confident :D

Other top quality racing this weekend includes the Irish Arkle, The Fly vs Jezki vs Our Conor. Should be another cracker with yet more Festival clues. They're everywhere from now until March! 

They way my lad in the yard is talking, he wont get beat at either, could be bullshit and I am waiting to hear from someone closer before I make a decision, However it would be quite easy to say have him in a double for the cleeve/chelt festival!

Little cheltenham Favorite of mine is "chicago grey" Back him every year haha!

I used to have a tipping website, Me and a friend had a lot of betting contacts back then, and only 5 weeks after we launched, we had tipped 6/6 winners in 1 days at the festival including Poquelin at 20/1,

Needless to say it paid out £300,000/1 and I did not have a penny on, All luck in picking the winners as we had been given about 5 tips per race!

Did not get enough memebers I think at the time of the tip we had about 20 members after 5 weeks lol the site never took anyway so we stopped..

• 2 weeks later...

Certify, one of the most high profile horses banned in the illegal substance mess at the start of last season back on the track today over at Meydan. 

489 days off, comes back and absolutely strolls home in a Group 2. Picked up 3.3 on the exchange too, criminal price after you've read the confidence the yard had. Big things to come? We'll see. Very impressive comeback though. 

• 1 year later...

It's just been announced ITV have won the right to broadcast horse racing from next year.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/itv-set-to-replace-channel-4-as-racing-broadcaster/2012604/latest/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Well that's fucked alot of the enjoyment for me, Channel 4 do a great job, ITV are shite at sports coverage (Infact they're shite, period).

:thumbdown:

It's just been announced ITV have won the right to broadcast horse racing from next year.

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/itv-set-to-replace-channel-4-as-racing-broadcaster/2012604/latest/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Well that's fucked alot of the enjoyment for me, Channel 4 do a great job, ITV are shite at sports coverage (Infact they're shite, period).

:thumbdown:

crap news indeed. Going by that article most races will end up on ITV4, with just the main races on the main channel. Hopefully ITV will hire the C4 team though I doubt it.

channel 4 ratings are stupidly low and dropping. something had to change. rather it went to bbc though. just hire some decent pundits/experts and show full race cards instead of just two or three races please.

Lingfield 2:30 Ladbrokes Conditions Stakes (Class 2) (4YO plus)

CAPTAIN CAT 2/1 William Hills & BetFred

Had been racing in better company on the turf & then the race wasn't really run to suit at Chelmsford where he ran on late & was only about a length & half away in 4th. He has been doing some pleasing work at home & is expected to take all the beating tomorrow.

Lingfield 3:05 Bet&Watch Every Race At Unibet Maiden Stakes (Class 5) (3YO only)

ROCOCOA 7/4

Only had the one start at Lingfield over 7 & it was a promising debut where he was only beaten a nose into 3rd. Dropping down to 6 here. Luke Morris takes over & I expect to see a win here.

Betting advice

2x singles & a double

double pays just over 7/1

• 4 months later...

Ed Chamberlin to become to face of ITV's Racing Coverage?

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/ed-chamberlin-moves-closer-to-itv-racing-switch/2084694/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

THE final stumbling block to Ed Chamberlin becoming the new face of horseracing on ITV has been removed as it is understood Tuesday evening's match between Manchester United and Bournemouth was his last for Sky.

The Racing Post revealed last month Chamberlin was ITV's number-one target to take on the coveted role anchoring its racing output when Britain's principal commercial network takes over from Channel 4 on January 1.

For that to happen Chamberlin needed to leave Sky, for which he has worked as principal football presenter having first appeared on its programming 16 years ago.

ITV Sport bosses have been seeing a large number of potential recruits in recent weeks with Francesca Cumani, Oli Bell and Matt Chapman among those believed to be high on the wishlist of the sport's next exclusive mainstream broadcaster, which will show nearly 100 days of racing across ITV and ITV4 in 2017.

Quite like him doing the football on Sky, not sure what he knows about racing.

I was hoping ITV would take the current Channel 4 team or atleast some of them to give it half a chance of being a success of ITV.

ed would be pretty good. think he's half clued up on horses, and hopefully as a presenter it won't matter much anyway. that's what annoyed me about channel 4, they didn't have a main presenter and then loads of knowledgeable pundits, it was just loads of pundits and nobody really took charge. 

it should be matt chapman obviously, but not sure it will be. best presenter of any sport by a distance. 

As long as it's not Matt Smith. Don't think they've got enough in the time slots for his pausing.

And. Could Ruby Walsh. Win. The crabbies grand. National.

Archived