Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Horse Racing

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
13 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Thistlecrack v Que Card 

who wins ? 

Mouth watering race 

I think Thistlecrack has a better engine but the pace they often go off in the King George it can be a nightmare for inexperienced jumpers.

I wouldn't like to call it but I'd edge towards Cue Card still, it's great to have a super steeplechase on the cards again, this has to be the best two horse contest over 3 miles since Kauto regained his crown off Denman.

7 hours ago, MattP said:

I think Thistlecrack has a better engine but the pace they often go off in the King George it can be a nightmare for inexperienced jumpers.

I wouldn't like to call it but I'd edge towards Cue Card still, it's great to have a super steeplechase on the cards again, this has to be the best two horse contest over 3 miles since Kauto regained his crown off Denman.

It's fascinating ... I just can't wait to watch it 

Been a good couple of days of racing. Some big performances from some Cheltenham front runners thistlecrack seems to have put paid to seeing cue card in the gold cup, native river now seems set to be given a chance instead. Be interesting to see which horses get one more outing and where before the festival.

Tomorrow looks a decent day as well.

I'm off to Cheltenham new years day. Won't be the best of cards unfortunately but it's starting to give me the buzz for the festival.

See skybet have already gone non runner no bet on the novice opener. 

Tempted to book for Jan 28th as well. Festival trails day. 

And interested to see what itv can now produce coverage wise. Whilst the morning line wasn't great it helped me learn about racing although I do prefer the jumps and tend to ignore the flat so I can't say I watched it week in week out.

30 mins in and so far i've gotta hold my hands up, ITV ain't making a bad job of it so far.

Think they've gone for a great choice in Ed Chamberlin though!

As much as I liked Gina Harding, we've now got Lucy Varasamy and Victoria Pendleton.

As for the racing, 1st race, I fancied Whisper, always liked the horse and usually bet on it, there was an odds on fav and it was only a field of 4 or 5 so left it alone...Whisper won :doh:

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone on hear heading to the Festival this year, what's your thoughts? looking forward to some open races, or does the fact, Willie Mullins has lost Vautour, and we now won't see Annie Power, we also have no idea what shape Faugheen is actually in, start to take some on the gloss off.

I'm torn, could make for a more even few days of racing, with only TC and maybe Douvan really nailed on, but part of me want's to see the best horse's.

Can't decide what days to go, but with us facing sevilla on the tuesday night I think that rules day 1 out.

2 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

what a way to go

tom scu clearly not happy with how short thistlecrack was for the gold cup based on how pathetic that ride was. can get back on at a bigger price now. 

Too right, a bit like if my ticker gave out on me seconds after tucking into Margot Robbie....Fair play Many Clouds, rest well.

Interesting to see how Thistlecrack gets priced now then

1 hour ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Too right, a bit like if my ticker gave out on me seconds after tucking into Margot Robbie....Fair play Many Clouds, rest well.

Interesting to see how Thistlecrack gets priced now then

5/2 best price now. based on everything we've seen so far he still wins comfortably. he'd have won comfortably today if he was actually asked to win at any stage before the hill. 

Many clouds death is being glossed over here 

horses shouldn't die of heart failure 

I breed , sell and race them 

something stinks here 

His performance was mental he ran to a mark of say 175 ! If a cyclist did this sort of performance  there would be eyebrows raised 

Stinks and it stinks its not being questioned 

7 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

5/2 best price now. based on everything we've seen so far he still wins comfortably. he'd have won comfortably today if he was actually asked to win at any stage before the hill. 

For me He didn't stay today he was beat by stamina in an ordinary enough race 

I laid him for 5 figures at 1.80 !!! 

Happy tonight as now I have a free lay on him 

Que Card each way 16/1 is my best bet antipost 

good ground would see thistlecrack into 6/4 on the day and I could see him doing a long run .... but on soft ground he can't win the gold cup for me 

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Many Clouds now amongst the clouds in the sky! A great horse clearly worked too hard!

I'm hearing prosecutions are being disvxissed and police enquiry being launched 

this is going to be a serious story 

horses that wobble seriously or need urgent care after a race shouldn't be allowed to ever race again 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived