Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David

Next Season

New to the forum

Never been Pearsons biggest fan and was actually disappointed when we got rid of Sven. However, this season I have been pleased with how Pearson has constructed the squad and the style of play. I do believe we have one of the best teams in the league.

I think we can go up, but if we don't, we need to stick with Pearson and the current team (a couple of additions) But not make mass changes. I truly believe that in a years time this team will be even better.

The only change I would really like to see us make is Konchesky. I think he's a liability and he's on massive wages. I think Marc Tierney (free agent) from Norwich would be a good solid signing, he's young enough, a lot of experience playing lower league and premier league and been promoted a few times.

Not a huge fan of Delaet but hes now doing better and i think over time Moore could step in.

Not really, but maybe I didn't get my point across well.

Pearson has done a great job of building a team that could be very good for many years. The young players hes brought in really bring some talent and hunger to the team. I know we all want immediate success, but if we don't go up this season, I think we are in an even stronger position for next year.

Didnt see the game, but from what I have seen and read in recent weeks, he's improving.

Konchesky for me is still the weakest link.

Thought konch was good today and is starting to find form like last season.

What?

Pearson either goes now. Giving a new man the rest of the transfer window.

Or if we are trusting pearson now he should then be given another full season with this squad to get us promoted.

Dont want to see this sacking someone 6 weeks into next season. It gets us no where.

Don't get these people who harp on about Konchesky. He's been quality every time I've seen him. Same as De Laet (sp)

He's better than Naughton at going forward IMO

Konch hasnt been at his best this season but is slowly improving.

As for RDL , Every game this season apart from I think cardiff he's been brilliant IMO. In an attacking sense he gets forward and leads a counter attack with so much pace which splits open the opposition defence.

So this is really a Konchesky/ Pearson out thread. Jeez can we not for once just enjoy how well the team are performing and take in the moment. Next season my ass lets just enjoy this one first.

Not really, read it again

New to the forum

Never been Pearsons biggest fan and was actually disappointed when we got rid of Sven. However, this season I have been pleased with how Pearson has constructed the squad and the style of play. I do believe we have one of the best teams in the league.

I think we can go up, but if we don't, we need to stick with Pearson and the current team (a couple of additions) But not make mass changes. I truly believe that in a years time this team will be even better.

The only change I would really like to see us make is Konchesky. I think he's a liability and he's on massive wages. I think Marc Tierney (free agent) from Norwich would be a good solid signing, he's young enough, a lot of experience playing lower league and premier league and been promoted a few times.

Not a huge fan of Delaet but hes now doing better and i think over time Moore could step in.

In complete agreement with this part.

Pearson either goes now. Giving a new man the rest of the transfer window.

Or if we are trusting pearson now he should then be given another full season with this squad to get us promoted.

Dont want to see this sacking someone 6 weeks into next season. It gets us no where.

I don't understand why you reckon we should get rid of Pearson? He's doing a great job, 5th in the league, bought young eager players, reduced the wage bill.

Against huddersfield the average age of our side was 23.8. That's an unbelievably good effort considering how well we played. Our midfield was aged 21, 22, 21 and 22 in that game and completely dominated. As with the OP i agree we could maybe consolidate with one or two signings if we were to go up but either way this side has serious potential.

Who was saying at the start of the season we need more experienced players to do well?

Me, for one. I'd have liked to have seen an older head in the midfield. I think there have been games this season when someone with more experience in the middle of the park could have helped to control certain games more, especially away from home.

Don't get me wrong however, Nige is doing a great job. Wood appears to be the striker we've been hoping for and I'd love to see Liam Trotter join the club.

Me, for one. I'd have liked to have seen an older head in the midfield. I think there have been games this season when someone with more experience in the middle of the park could have helped to control certain games more, especially away from home.

Don't get me wrong however, Nige is doing a great job. Wood appears to be the striker we've been hoping for and I'd love to see Liam Trotter join the club.

I agree, we've got a talented midfield but they lack maturity at times, when we're losing I feel we sometimes rush things to get back into the game quickly when it isn't really necessary. The Wellens of the 10/11 season would've been perfect for us this season.

I don't understand why you reckon we should get rid of Pearson? He's doing a great job, 5th in the league, bought young eager players, reduced the wage bill.

Where did i say he should?

All i said was if we don't go up we should give him next season. How is that wanting him sacked.

Archived