Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/08/2019 at 09:02, l444ry said:

Saw this lot at a festival in Margate last week.....a festival for old gits who frequent 70s & 80s music threads.

Not my usual cup of tea but quite enjoyed them - and they played this song, as I recall.

Surprised to see they had the old Roxy Music drummer in the band. I was thinking that was a bit of change of style, Roxy to Lindisfarne, but just looked him up on Wiki and he's also played with Angelic Upstarts :blink:.... any band, any style, so long as they have NE connections, it seems. :D

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this, but 70s classics seemed best: https://thedysfunctionalworldof.blogspot.com/2019/10/me-and-elton-john.html?fbclid=IwAR3HtY36fDrAgKE1cb9iIaTlKdw2ry0-GoKCiMyfX3-0iFNWtoI_e6KJDfU

It's Wreckless Eric's hilarious and well-written account of Elton John guesting with him on the 70s Stiff tour. Sample below.

"He was in a corner of the corridor looking as though he was trying to melt into the wall. There must have been other people around but I didn’t see them, just him, alone and exuding vulnerability. His face lit up when he saw me. He seemed at once other worldly and completely normal. He was wearing a black 1920s flapper suit and a floppy herringbone tweed cap. We said hello, and our awkwardness hung in the air between us. His eyes were soft and grey, and very kind. He had an Edwardian shirt buttoned to the neck with some sort of Art Deco, bakelite bow tie.

‘Um, er... does that light up?’

He laughed: ‘No, I’m off duty.’"

• 2 weeks later...