Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
rico

70s Classics

This live performance seems to date from 1984-85, but the song is from the 70s.

Great live effort from the Glitter Band, without their soon-to-be-disgraced paedo front man.

Says this was at The Cricketers, Kennington Oval and looks like it. I wasn't there for this gig, but spent many good nights there c. 1985-88.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

:nono:

No word of an exaggeration, Crinkly, but you've just ruined my whole life. I am now in a state of acute psychological distress! :whistle:

My secondary school years were largely a misery - partly because I was surrounded by a load of annoying, prog rock-lovers who constantly went on about Supertramp, Yes, Caravan, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and all that crap.

I particularly remember one tosser who used to always be singing this song, complete with the high-pitched voice, on the school bus......and for years I'd forgotten this song existed until you reminded me!

You're lucky that I have no power within the FT empire or you'd be losing 1134 rep points and going straight back to zero! ;)

Instead, it'll just have to be a 70s music subculture war......

(Only just realised how timely this song is):

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

:nono:

No word of an exaggeration, Crinkly, but you've just ruined my whole life. I am now in a state of acute psychological distress! :whistle:

My secondary school years were largely a misery - partly because I was surrounded by a load of annoying, prog rock-lovers who constantly went on about Supertramp, Yes, Caravan, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple and all that crap.

I particularly remember one tosser who used to always be singing this song, complete with the high-pitched voice, on the school bus......and for years I'd forgotten this song existed until you reminded me!

You're lucky that I have no power within the FT empire or you'd be losing 1134 rep points and going straight back to zero! ;)

Instead, it'll just have to be a 70s music subculture war......

Oh Alf......now I know which buttons to press :)

Especially for your continued mental health I'm now not going to delve into my collection of early Genesis and Pink Floyd.  If you want to get that song out of your head may I suggest listening to The Chicken Song by Spitting Image.  I'm not going to post it because I'm not that cruel.......

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Crinklyfox said:

Oh Alf......now I know which buttons to press :)

Especially for your continued mental health I'm now not going to delve into my collection of early Genesis and Pink Floyd.  If you want to get that song out of your head may I suggest listening to The Chicken Song by Spitting Image.  I'm not going to post it because I'm not that cruel.......

lol

I  somehow missed that one at the time (I was still young - better things to do with my time, I suppose). Just Googled it......er, yes, bit of an Agadoo rip-off! And that was No. 1 in charts.....