Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowie

• 5 weeks later...

thoughts? i love it.

Yeah I really like it too. I still haven't given it enough listens to properly let it sink in though. A couple of tracks seem a bit like Bowie-lite but there's quite a bit of depth and throw-backs to his previous work that needs to be unpicked after a few listens. I think my favourite track so far is (You Will) Set The World On Fire.

• 4 weeks later...

Influential bloke! Massively. 

Got a book on him the other day. My housemate's friend came over and took the piss out of it, saying how boring it must be. She was watching her fave programme, Made In Chelsea at the time. Serious. 

Influential bloke! Massively. 

Got a book on him the other day. My housemate's friend came over and took the piss out of it, saying how boring it must be. She was watching her fave programme, Made In Chelsea at the time. Serious. 

Ha! Let me know what you think about the book, would like to get a book on Bowie myself. I'm enjoying watching interviews/docs on him on YouTube, he's fascinating.

Piece on exhibition of unseen Bowie pictures from the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/the-northerner/gallery/2013/may/07/david-bowie-pictures-duffy-white-cloth-gallery

Weird to see the shots of other band members from the Aladdin Sane session.  The Bowie picture is so iconic it's easy to forget that there were other folks involved.

Speaking of which, I don't think I've ever posted a link to the frankly lovely interview Uncut did with Morrissey about Mick Ronson (Spiders from Mars guitarist until, oooh, 1974 I think it was).  Mick Ronson is one of those folk that who's mark on music is huge but not being quite centre stage is therefore pretty much as far from a household name as you can be.  I don't really have heroes, but if I did, Mick would be near the top of my list

http://www.uncut.co.uk/morrissey/he-had-been-very-loyal-to-bowie-morrissey-on-mick-ronson-feature

Ha! Let me know what you think about the book, would like to get a book on Bowie myself. I'm enjoying watching interviews/docs on him on YouTube, he's fascinating.

I read a biography on him travelling a few years back. Was great. Cannot remember the name but will take a look.

Newest book I've got is David Bowie Is. More of a coffee table book but pretty classy. Went to the V&A exhibition the other week. Brilliant.

• 3 weeks later...

Got his new album, 'The Next Day'... I think it's good actually. Yeah I'm a big Bowie fan so you might think I'm being one-sided, but there are only a couple of songs on there which I don't like.

I also went to the V&A exhibition in London last month and it's really worth the money. It's an audio tour (sponsored by Sennheiser) that takes you from the 60ies all the way to the current decade.

It's very well done and gives you lots of details to discover, plenty of original outfits and excerpts plus tons of media material putting everything into context.

I spent approximately two hours or more in there. It's immense and immersive.

Highly recommended.

• 7 months later...

Archived