Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bowie

Shame about the song though.... Dull :(

Agreed.

Melancholic. Reflective, A comment on the present day. ;)

No, the dull meanderings of an old man. I've always said that rock/pop stars should be culled at 40 to prevent them creating anything open to ridicule. It's a very rare talent that can still make great music into their 5th decade and more (Young, Dylan, Cohen... it's a short list.)

Agreed.

No, the dull meanderings of an old man. I've always said that rock/pop stars should be culled at 40 to prevent them creating anything open to ridicule. It's a very rare talent that can still make great music into their 5th decade and more (Young, Dylan, Cohen... it's a short list.)

I'd need to listen to a few more songs before I'd draw any conclusions about his current ability. The last album I bought of his was "Heathen" a tribute to the Pixies, wonderfully produced and powerful. I especially like his version of Cactus.

Agreed.

You know what I don't think I have ever heard a Neil Young Song :unsure:

Where do I start ????????????

Agreed.

My reply wasn't serious, I wouldn't make a judgement until I actually heard his album. Can't agree with your list either. pretty sure I've liked quite a few Sting tracks in the last 21 years, Arjen Lucassen has put out plenty of highly talented music since he hit 40, Peter Gabriel, Roine Stolt, in fact there are so many over 40's making great music.

This has been all over the news today.

And the music journalists are all masturbating over this release.

Sadly it's crap, and just because he made it does not make it any good.

A bit like the i phone 5.

[

You know what I don't think I have ever heard a Neil Young Song :unsure:

Where do I start ????????????

Neither have I... just listening on Spotify, don't think I'll carry on zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I've just heard one of the songs on the Simon Mayo show on my way home and it doesn't sound too good.

His voice sounds a bit quivery .

Have you ever heard him sing before?

It was like that 30 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Archived