Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

"Real fan"

Precisely. I happened to renew my car insurance last summer, saving £30 a month, so it virtually paid for itself!

I'm getting earache off the misses for next season now, she knows enough about football to know where we could potentially be.

'Why don't you just not get one next season?'

'Because that'd mean the previous 3 seasons spent have been for nothing'

'Why can't you share one with someone?'

'Because no!'

Weren't you at the Palace game, probably that same season. In fact didn't you get thrown out for trying to bring a beer to your seat or was that someone else?! In any case that was the first time I met a load of FT crew, pretty sure including you.

Of course. I wasn't chucked out! I went to poke my head round from the concourse to get Spuggy because I had his beer but the ninja stewards just whipped them out my hand!

I know this is quite hypocritical seeing as I'm starting a thread on it, but can people please stop with this stupid phrase for fvck sake.

Circumstances limit others, others aren't "fake fans" just because they go to less games.

It's stupid and so many on here seem out there to try and prove they're a real fan, if you've took your time out to discuss the club with usernames that you've never met, I can confirm you are a real fan and have a pretty high degree of interest.

It's absolutely tiresome now.

Rant over.

For me there are 2 types. Type 1 is a fan who goes to a game when he/she can afford too and gets to see a few games home and maybe away (forest as an example). Type 2 is a supporter who is a season ticket holder and goes to all home games along with several away games when they can afford too.

The difference being, the supporter puts more money into the club and is rewarded by discounted game tickets, discounted merchandise etc but doesnt love the club more than a fan.

Both are vital to the clubs success but are slightly different.

surely the argument should be in the opposite direction anyway? grown men arguing over who is the 'realest' fan of 11 men kicking a football around a pitch? you should be prouder that you DON'T take it that seriously ? if football is the most important thing in your life, or even in the top three, then you have a vapid, vacuous life.

What's the top three things in the life of the exciting cool people who do not ha a vapid vacuous life?

You do realise the thread title was a quote and it's largely a dig at the phrase itself.

I couldnt be arsed to read the whole thread. I made my point - 'real fan' is subjective. Just look at the examples I gave.

Gotta be Tom Brecknell

Is he famous or something? I would have thought that there would have been more Burnley fans around so as to not allow people to work out who it could be!

The 0-0 where we didn't have a shot on target and our closest chance was a 25 yard daisy cutter from Bruno N'Gotty? That was grim. I drove over 700 miles that day. What a waste.

Carl Cort had a half chance in the second half. Tight angle on edge of the six yard box heading towards the keepers left hand post coming in paralell with the goal line. ****ing numpty pokes it/gets smothered by the keeper. Should have tried to pull it across the goal. I forgive him though for that goal against Chelsea... Oh and Ebanks-Blake being a real handful.

I was there for that. About 7 hours on trains that day. I think the sun was out though which was nice.

It was cold? I think it was sunny before the match. But it got a bit nippy afterwards.

Although Alexi and James - I do have to admit that my journey was split. I was staying free of charge in a hostel that weekend on the outskirts of Exeter courtesy of another 'Real Fan' who happened to be working there...

Archived