Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

"Real fan"

Dan, stop be so envious lol . It's nobody's fault, that you are always seem to miss the best (in terms of 'atmosphere') game of the season. Norwich away last season, Boro last Friday... :P

I agree, dan should post on here the next time he misses a game so everyone can get down the ground and enjoy the atmosphere........Wellens.

Being a "real fan" is nothing to do with going to games, a lot of our fans don't live in the area or can't simply afford to pay for the tickets therefore they have the right to not be able to go to the games. What define this term should be how much passion you put into the club. I'd rather have a stadium which is empty but full of passionate fans who care deeply i.e. friday night then a stadium full of fans who come for a day trip and don't give a toss if we concede.

:whistle:

Friday night was the best atmosphere we've had at the ground all season!

Perhaps it had something to do with lack of fans in the cold all wanted to keep warm hence standing up and shouting and cheering,stewrads not being too bothered cos half of em wanted to do the same....Oh hang on sounds like ye good olde days!!

This thread is full of PAPS

I'm a real PAP west stand willy puller

Glad I'm not the only PAP left!

The PAP revolution continues!

My next game is Charlton. Last game was Crystal Palace in Oct/Nov.

I'm the realest fan you can get.

I've got a ST but haven't been to a game since November. When I do go I sit but sing if I feel the need. I haven't been to an away since Forest in the cup last year. I stood and sang.

Am I sort of real? Real? Not real at all?

I've got a ST but haven't been to a game since November. When I do go I sit but sing if I feel the need. I haven't been to an away since Forest in the cup last year. I stood and sang.

Am I sort of real? Real? Not real at all?

You should be ashamed

I go to games as I enjoy watching football and follow Leicester City.

It's great if we win but if we lose my day/weekend is in no way ruined and I don't get upset at all, as in the grand scheme of things it has no bearing on my life and is a game involving kicking a ball into a net.

In no way a real fan.

Me too. Weirdly I also seem less interested in football since the Olympics.

The word 'real' has been abused for years now. I remember the late 90's and early 2G's on the streets. It was all 'we're real' this, 'they're fake' that. I said to my mate Terry back then, I said, 'Well all this real and fake malarkey's a load of bollocks ain't it Terry'. Tezza nodded and said 'word'.

That said, if you don't lick the badge with the tip of your tongue in a sexual way, you're not a real fan.

I go to games as I enjoy watching football and follow Leicester City.

It's great if we win but if we lose my day/weekend is in no way ruined and I don't get upset at all, as in the grand scheme of things it has no bearing on my life and is a game involving kicking a ball into a net.

In no way a real fan.

Really?

Now before the **** on the other thread pipes up, I'm in no way criticising, but since we've been playing well I find it does have an impact on my cheerfulness away from football.

Wouldn't the words 'casual' or 'hardcore' be more appropriate to describe football fans rather than 'real', 'fake' or 'plastic'?

Not really because very few are hardcore, a la Bernie or Jobber and then dedicated fans, such as season ticket holders go down as casual under that description.

I have already had a plastic Man U fan quizzing me on ticket prices and season ticket prices if we go up as he wants to get one!

Embarrassing lol

Somebody on here posted about their Big Four "supporting" friends talking about buying 'tactical' half season tickets to get hold of cheaper season tickets next season, in case we're promoted.

Depressing but an inevitable consequence.

I have already had a plastic Man U fan quizzing me on ticket prices and season ticket prices if we go up as he wants to get one!

Embarrassing lol

That for example is a fairweather and these lot do exist, I just fail to believe fans on a forum whilst we're still a Championship side aren't genuine supporters and people have got to stop being scared of being accused by certain high horse idiots about it.

Dan, stop be so envious lol . It's nobody's fault, that you are always seem to miss the best (in terms of 'atmosphere') game of the season. Norwich away last season, Boro last Friday... :P

I expect to miss the best now so I wasn't even surprised at the atmosphere being good really.

That for example is a fairweather and these lot do exist, I just fail to believe fans on a forum whilst we're still a Championship side aren't genuine supporters and people have got to stop being scared of being accused by certain high horse idiots about it.

Maybe we should lock the forum to new entries on promotion day. :ph34r:

Plastics or fakes are those who jump on a bandwagon when we are doing well or comme to our games and liive locally but probably really follow man u or some other cvnts.

Supporters keep an eye on the teams results, transfers and news etc and go to games when they "can" - meaning if they don't have to work or have made other plans. They probably get emotionally involved anywhere on the scale between mild and fleeting annoyance to prolonged disgruntlement.

Fans (short for Fanatics of course) know the shirt number of every player, rumored transfer news. Go to just about every game and will lie and pull sickies to get there. Probably have LCFC tatoos. Are completely emotionally involved in the club and will cry, scream, criticize, rip hair out, wreck relationships, murder and become suicidal in the name of their passion for the club.

That's kind of how I see it. I will always be a supporter however low we get but I tend to become more of a fanatic the more successful we become. Should be pointed out that is not necessarily healthy.

The classification is for myself and my own identity. Where others fit I could not give a toss really - it's like someone else on here said "It's just a way for people to create a hierarchy with themselves at the top". If it bothers you that much as to how much other people support the team you should take a look at yourself. Good thread.

It's all these Australian fans we have that piss me off, bet half of them have never been to the stadium.

Oi. It's only when you've left the stadium after a match, driven straight to Heathrow and boarded a plane for Oz that you even start to enter the realm of being a real fan. (Or total mug would be another way of looking at it :) )

The title of this thread bugs me. Define real fan. "Real fan." Is this real fan as in real fan of Leicester. Or real fan as in real fan of football? Or do you need to be a real fan of football to be a real fan of a team?

Also how much do you have to do to become a real fan?

Case points:

1) Friend who is a Liverpool fan. Never shuts up about them. Goes to 0 games a season. Why? He says it's too far. He can afford it. He can get there. He also refuses to watch anything other then premier league because everything else is shit.

Is he a real fan of liverpool? Is he a real fan of the game?

Now have a look at the following:

2) Neighbour who is a Burnley fan (lives in Leicester). Goes to every Burnley game home and away (compare with the Liverpool fan above). Will watch any football.

Is he a real Burnley fan? Is he a real fan of the game?

3) Me. I don't go to every home match. I will however travel the length and breadth of this country to watch Leicester (Plymouth is a good example - 0-0 draw as well). I will watch any football match. I have been to see Stockport v Gateshead this season as well....

Am I a real Leicester fan? Am I a real fan of the game?

The examples I put up are of the 'stereotypical plastic big 4 fan' (altho Liverpool are no longer big 4), burnley fan who for all intents and purposes replicates a leicester fan who goes to every Leicester game, and me who is neither of the two.

My point is as follows. How do you assess what a 'real fan' is? If you answer the above and give reasons you will find that everyone gives different answers.It is subjective.

You do get alot of people who jump on the bandwagon though. Ohhhhh Leicester are doing well . go down saturday ... FFS LESTA WHY HAVE WE ONLY SCORED TWO . .. THESE ARE SHIT .... 40 MINS BEST GO GET MY PIE ... 85 MINS BEST LEAVE NOW.

Archived