Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

"Real fan"

I know this is quite hypocritical seeing as I'm starting a thread on it, but can people please stop with this stupid phrase for fvck sake.

Circumstances limit others, others aren't "fake fans" just because they go to less games.

It's stupid and so many on here seem out there to try and prove they're a real fan, if you've took your time out to discuss the club with usernames that you've never met, I can confirm you are a real fan and have a pretty high degree of interest.

It's absolutely tiresome now.

Rant over.

I agree with your point.

Can I ask a question though -

Is there a difference between a fan and a supporter?

Should loyalty be rewarded? I agree you're no less of a fan if you cant make all the games, but should someone who attends every home and away game have the same priority to say, league cup semi final tickets than someone who has been 4 times in the last three seasons? - I'm not insinuating that's what you're saying . . I'm just saying is there a scale . . . rather than real and fake.

The title of this thread bugs me. Define real fan. "Real fan." Is this real fan as in real fan of Leicester. Or real fan as in real fan of football? Or do you need to be a real fan of football to be a real fan of a team?

Also how much do you have to do to become a real fan?

Case points:

1) Friend who is a Liverpool fan. Never shuts up about them. Goes to 0 games a season. Why? He says it's too far. He can afford it. He can get there. He also refuses to watch anything other then premier league because everything else is shit.

Is he a real fan of liverpool? Is he a real fan of the game?

Now have a look at the following:

2) Neighbour who is a Burnley fan (lives in Leicester). Goes to every Burnley game home and away (compare with the Liverpool fan above). Will watch any football.

Is he a real Burnley fan? Is he a real fan of the game?

3) Me. I don't go to every home match. I will however travel the length and breadth of this country to watch Leicester (Plymouth is a good example - 0-0 draw as well). I will watch any football match. I have been to see Stockport v Gateshead this season as well....

Am I a real Leicester fan? Am I a real fan of the game?

The examples I put up are of the 'stereotypical plastic big 4 fan' (altho Liverpool are no longer big 4), burnley fan who for all intents and purposes replicates a leicester fan who goes to every Leicester game, and me who is neither of the two.

My point is as follows. How do you assess what a 'real fan' is? If you answer the above and give reasons you will find that everyone gives different answers.It is subjective.

Bang on.

Its not a black or white subject.

The title of this thread bugs me. Define real fan. "Real fan." Is this real fan as in real fan of Leicester. Or real fan as in real fan of football? Or do you need to be a real fan of football to be a real fan of a team?

Case points:

1) Friend who is a Liverpool fan. Never shuts up about them. Goes to 0 games a season. Why? He says it's too far. He can afford it. He can get there. He also refuses to watch anything other then premier league because everything else is shit.

2) Neighbour who is a Burnley fan (lives in Leicester). Goes to every Burnley game home and away (compare with the Liverpool fan above). Will watch any football.

3) Me. I don't go to every home match. I will however travel the length and breadth of this country to watch Leicester (Plymouth is a good example - 0-0 draw as well). I will watch any football match. I have been to see Stockport v Gateshead this season as well....

The examples I put up are of the 'stereotypical plastic big 4 fan' (altho Liverpool are no longer big 4), burnley fan who for all intents and purposes replicates a leicester fan who goes to every Leicester game, and me who is neither of the two.

My point is as follows. How do you assess what a 'real fan' is? If you answer the above and give reasons you will find that everyone gives different answers.It is subjective.

You do realise the thread title was a quote and it's largely a dig at the phrase itself.

Case points:

You didn't give an answer?. You can't just leave people hangin' like that.

Boring Fox would you mind not keep showing that excellent peices of footy from the Knock -someone might be watching!!

Boring fox? BORING? I'd let that off as an auto-correct error, except you also spelt "piece" wrong (before unnecessarily pluralising it no less), so you clearly aren't having any grammar correction.

You've made yourself a new enemy today. Buy some new locks, hide your daughters (or, failing that, sons) and invest in the slipperiest, most lubricating substance you can find, you're going to need it.

The 0-0 where we didn't have a shot on target and our closest chance was a 25 yard daisy cutter from Bruno N'Gotty? That was grim. I drove over 700 miles that day. What a waste.

Everyone has different circumstances which can dictate how many games you can attend. You are the only one who knows your circumstances, you are the only one who knows what is in your heart and mind and you are the only one who can judge what type of fan you are. Who cares what other people think or say? If I gave a toss what other people thought about it I wouldn't have been a Leicester fan in the first place and that goes double for being a Numan fan.

I sometimes inject Steve Walsh's man yoghurt into my eyeballs, paint my tiny penis blue and walk 300 miles to the game, naked and inserting 1970s match day programmes slowly into my twitching anus. Anyone wanna join me? No? Fvking plastic fan cvntoids.

Lestoh Lestoh Lestoh!

X

I sometimes inject Steve Walsh's man yoghurt into my eyeballs, paint my tiny penis blue and walk 300 miles to the game, naked and inserting 1970s match day programmes slowly into my twitching anus. Anyone wanna join me? No? Fvking plastic fan cvntoids.

Lestoh Lestoh Lestoh!

X

Gave up doing that because I looked a bit psychotic with pink eye lol

I divorced my wife simply because she insisted on making caustic remarks such as " I don't know why you bother going down to see that lot they don't come and see you when your bad " faced with that kind of continious provocation I diched the bitch. I only did what any REAL fan would have done. :thumbup:

Are these the real fans,

Or is this just fantasy?,

Sat in their armchairs,

No grasp on reality.

Open your eyes,

Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee

Im just a poor fan

Cant afford tickets you see

Because im easy come,

Easy go,

Snow on pitch,

Might not go

Any end the ball goes,

It dosnt really matter to me,

To meeeeeeee

Too late,

My time has come,

Looking at the time,

Is it worth the pie and pint.

Goodbye everybody,

Cant be arsed got to go,

Gonna leave you all behind and face the truth

Mommaaaaa,

oooooooooooo,

I dont wanna drive,

I sometimes wish id never left home at all!

The 0-0 where we didn't have a shot on target and our closest chance was a 25 yard daisy cutter from Bruno N'Gotty? That was grim. I drove over 700 miles that day. What a waste.

I was there for that. About 7 hours on trains that day. I think the sun was out though which was nice.

I was there for that. About 7 hours on trains that day. I think the sun was out though which was nice.

Same herw. Left Coalville at 830am arrived at 145pm. I drove there n back. Knackering

I drove from Lincoln to Cosby on the Friday, then on Saturday I did Cosby to Groby to Northampton to Plymouth to Northampton to Groby to Lincoln. With Fez, Monk, ld3 and Joe. in the car. What a ridiculous day. That's probably my most idiotic Leicester game. We were all fuming on the Wednesday because Martin Allen had been sacked but had mellowed out by the time it got to the Saturday lol Thinking about it, was that one of the first times I met you James?

I live bout 250 miles away from the kp I cannot afford to go to every game, I go to the games nearest me, last year the Southampton game at the kp I traveled 120miles round trip further than the away fans to get to the game, does that make me a plastic or fake fan?

I know a guy (not a Leicester fan) who goes to every single game his team plays no matter where in the world. He also has tattoos of his team everywhere and always wear some form of kit. He also likes to throw abuse at players, racially insult people in the crowd and punch people in the face until they bleed. Give me a plastic fan over that kind of nob jockey any day.

X

Are these the real fans,

Or is this just fantasy?,

Sat in their armchairs,

No grasp on reality.

Open your eyes,

Look up to the skies and seeeeeeeeee

Im just a poor fan

Cant afford tickets you see

Because im easy come,

Easy go,

Snow on pitch,

Might not go

Any end the ball goes,

It dosnt really matter to me,

To meeeeeeee

Too late,

My time has come,

Looking at the time,

Is it worth the pie and pint.

Goodbye everybody,

Cant be arsed got to go,

Gonna leave you all behind and face the truth

Mommaaaaa,

oooooooooooo,

I dont wanna drive,

I sometimes wish id never left home at all!

lol

Archived