Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Settle an argument.

I've given it some thought.

If we're talking solely about the actual music then I would say Insomnia is a superior tune, particularly the full length version. Lovely gradual build up, great lyrics and then a phenomenal break down. Will never fail to ruin a dancefloor, just as much today as before.

But if we're talking about iconic music, absolutely timeless tracks that will never be forgotten then it's got to be Born Slippy. No matter where you are every single time that tune gets dropped it unites the crowd. You only need to hear the first couple of bars and that's enough. I've been at raves, festivals, clubs and the reaction is always the same. Not many songs can have that impact. At the same time I sort of resent it because I think it distracted people from some of Underworld's best music. It's nowhere near their best tune, stuff like Cups, Pearl's Girl, the first track of secondtoughestintheinfants whatever it's called, etc. All far superior.

So in summary if I had to choose I don't know, just glad they were both made!

I agree with all of that, but my fondness of Underworld sways this one for me. Born Slippy it is!

lol Sandstorm. Nineties Eurotrance, possibly the best of all cheese.

I must be getting old cos I haven't the foggiest of what you're talking about.

You're actually the prime age to have appreciated both when they were new, perhaps a pinch too young, but only just. Think you might be younger than James.

It's not about your age it's just about your cultural preferences.

Born Slippy .NUXX charted at #2 in the UK in 96 while Insomnia was a #1 the same year.

• 1 year later...

Archived