Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finnegan

Settle an argument.

If the answer isn't Hefner, Dylan or Cohen, I'm not playing.

Who or what is .NUXX?

Am I no longer cool? Was I ever?

Can I seek solace in the warm, welsh embrace of Finners? I've always wanted a night out in Aberystwyth. Seeing as Wales is just one homogenous place, I assume you know it will Finbar?

Oh they're old bands? I was out of touch even back then.

They're two of the most famous dance tracks from the 90s.

You probably haven't heard them because it's not mod revival and you'd have sweat your bollocks off wearing an overpriced suit in a rave.

:whistle:

Never heard of NUXX but Insomnia is brilliant.

Had it blaring out the car on the way to the Cardiff away leg. Love the tune, but get bittersweet memories when I hear it now

You'd know it if you heard it, full title is Born Slippy.NUXX.

Made famous by Trainspotting.

I've given it some thought.

If we're talking solely about the actual music then I would say Insomnia is a superior tune, particularly the full length version. Lovely gradual build up, great lyrics and then a phenomenal break down. Will never fail to ruin a dancefloor, just as much today as before.

But if we're talking about iconic music, absolutely timeless tracks that will never be forgotten then it's got to be Born Slippy. No matter where you are every single time that tune gets dropped it unites the crowd. You only need to hear the first couple of bars and that's enough. I've been at raves, festivals, clubs and the reaction is always the same. Not many songs can have that impact. At the same time I sort of resent it because I think it distracted people from some of Underworld's best music. It's nowhere near their best tune, stuff like Cups, Pearl's Girl, the first track of secondtoughestintheinfants whatever it's called, etc. All far superior.

So in summary if I had to choose I don't know, just glad they were both made!

See, this is pretty much what I said. It's not so much about the tune and the intricacies of it while you're sat listening to it at home. Born Slippy's going to lose every time, it's far more simplistic.

But as a club record it's fupping second to none even now.

Would agree with the point about the rest of Underworld's catalogue, mind.

Archived