Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MattGamble92

Great Attendance Thursday night

Thought I'd point out only Sheffield Wednesday bettered our attendance at 3pm this afternoon.

Stark contrast to the Forest and Derby (who failed to better our crowd today) flooding twitter over our Boro attendance. (But they don't care about us mind)

It's about time we recognised just what great numbers we DO get. Forest havent averaged more than us since we moved to the Walkers/KP and derby only have because of free season tickets.

Our away numbers are great. Our home support is great. Our team is great. Every single person to do with our club is GREAT

IN NIGEL WE TRUST

I do think it's important to mention that that is largely due to the teams playing at home this Saturday. Here are the top eight clubs for attendance this season...

tumblr_mhmdgz10Vj1rx0g0oo1_500.png

And as you can there are several clubs in there who would've been expected to beat our attendance of 21,677 but didn't because they weren't at home. There were also two offers for the Wolves game which will have helped the figure for Thursday.

Sorry if I sound negative but I remain fairly unimpressed with our attendances this season although I don't blame our fans, I blame the ST price increase.

If anyone's interested, I've also done a calculation that factors out the Boro attendance when working out the mean figure for our home gates this season. Our average for the 14 home games this season (excluding Boro) is 22,584, putting us 4th rather than 7th in the table above.

I do think it's important to mention that that is largely due to the teams playing at home this Saturday. Here are the top eight clubs for attendance this season...

tumblr_mhmdgz10Vj1rx0g0oo1_500.png

And as you can there are several clubs in there who would've been expected to beat our attendance of 21,677 but didn't because they weren't at home. There were also two offers for the Wolves game which will have helped the figure for Thursday.

Sorry if I sound negative but I remain fairly unimpressed with our attendances this season although I don't blame our fans, I blame the ST price increase.

If anyone's interested, I've also done a calculation that factors out the Boro attendance when working out the mean figure for our home gates this season. Our average for the 14 home games this season (excluding Boro) is 22,584, putting us 4th rather than 7th in the table above.

We were 3rd a few weeks ago. As you say the average took a hit of around a thousand after the Boro game, and Derby had Forest at home the week before didn't they? Which explains why Derby's has gone up.

And the Wolves game being on a Thursday and on TV (we've had a lot of TV games) wouldn't have helped, the offers may have evened it out a bit but on a Saturday with normal pricing we would have got more I'm sure.

I'm not defending our attendances as such because as expected they've been disappointing for us, but I expect us to be in the top 3 when the season finishes. Crowds will rise when we get to the run in.

I've no idea where Brighton have suddenly got all their fans from (I'll put it down to still loving their newish stadium) but they're punching above their weight. They're easily beating Sheffield Wednesday and its no shame being behind them.

Brighton have the highest crowds. What the fvck is this league lol

The fact with our attendances - they frustrate me, and it's not because they're bad, it's because they could be so much better, and every single one of us knows that.

The fact with our attendances - they frustrate me, and it's not because they're bad, it's because they could be so much better, and every single one of us knows that.

We've definitely not been helped by having 5 home games on SKY, including the Friday night nonsense against Boro.

Also, both the Derby and Forest games were on SKY, both of which would ordinarily get big crowds (27,000+) in the absence of TV.

I didn't think much of Thursday's attendance: 21,000 is nothing to shout about.

We've definitely not been helped by having 5 home games on SKY, including the Friday night nonsense against Boro.

Also, both the Derby and Forest games were on SKY, both of which would ordinarily get big crowds (27,000+) in the absence of TV.

I didn't think much of Thursday's attendance: 21,000 is nothing to shout about.

For a Thursday though...

Thought I'd point out only Sheffield Wednesday bettered our attendance at 3pm this afternoon.

Stark contrast to the Forest and Derby (who failed to better our crowd today) flooding twitter over our Boro attendance. (But they don't care about us mind)

It's about time we recognised just what great numbers we DO get. Forest havent averaged more than us since we moved to the Walkers/KP and derby only have because of free season tickets.

Our away numbers are great. Our home support is great. Our team is great. Every single person to do with our club is GREAT

IN NIGEL WE TRUST

You do realise that a lot of those attending on Thursday had set out for the Borough match and only just got there ?

We were 3rd a few weeks ago. As you say the average took a hit of around a thousand after the Boro game, and Derby had Forest at home the week before didn't they? Which explains why Derby's has gone up.

And the Wolves game being on a Thursday and on TV (we've had a lot of TV games) wouldn't have helped, the offers may have evened it out a bit but on a Saturday with normal pricing we would have got more I'm sure.

I'm not defending our attendances as such because as expected they've been disappointing for us, but I expect us to be in the top 3 when the season finishes. Crowds will rise when we get to the run in.

I hope we get up to 3rd too and we will if the team continues as they are doing. There have been so many things that have hit our attendance this season and it's a real shame. Everyone seems very frustrated by our gates but we've had more than our fair share of problems on that front...

Our average in the 11/12 season was 23k, if we take out the extra mid-week games we've had compared to 11/12, the 8% price increase and the fvcking snow then we'd almost certainly be above Wednesday's average of 23.1k. The biggest factor is clearly the Boro game, it's such a massive anomaly - 8,585 is below everyone else's average (except P'boro) and it's made our figure look far less respectable than it should be.

To be fair, it's been a lot of time since they've actually had a proper ground. A new stadium and a relative period of success for them, it's hardly surprising. Unless they reach the PL it will eventually drop, just like us, Derby, etc.

To be fair, it's been a lot of time since they've actually had a proper ground. A new stadium and a relative period of success for them, it's hardly surprising. Unless they reach the PL it will eventually drop, just like us, Derby, etc.

Plus the majority of their fans dont actually like football they just go to ogle the players.

Archived