Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Huddersfield Post Match

Just to cover off all of the invitably contentious issues:

FUTACS - Had a shocker to be honest. Everytime he ran with the ball he lost it, he wasn't winning much in the air, he missed a couple of sitters (including that embarassing scuff).

WELLENS - Actually thought he played quite well first half. Doesn't do the same job as Drinkwater but, at times, showed he can work well in different ways.

GALLAGHER - Wasn't shocking but, as the game progressed, seemed to epitomise the old skool spineless, ideas-bereft Leicester of seasons past.

NUGENT - Had an off day to be fair. Still a lord.

PERFORMANCE - Played well first haf but, with Nugent having an off day and Futacs being abysmal, couldn't convert. Second half, just seemed out of ideas to break Udders down and began to panic.

It was a bit piss-poor but we'll bounce back/

I don't think we could've been less bothered or interested in that match if we tried, there were countless second balls that they got to first and the second goal was a joke really, Scanell sauntered past James and what Konchesky was doing I don't know.

So, we're out in a dispiriting fashion, were second best over both games really and Huddersfield deserve to progress. The league is most important but a cup run is not a bad thing. The only benefits I can see is that we won't have any more games moved and we didn't have to sit through 30 more minutes in the freezing cold watching the team do very little right, mainly the basics.

Not good enough.

I think Pearson achieved his primary aims

3 midfielders, Wellens, James and Gallagher improve their match fitness for the run in

Strike partnerships tried experimented with Futacs/Nugent and Waghorn/Vardy.

I'm sure he'd like to have won but he'll now have 3 midfielders that can be used as cover for the run in and he'll have a better idea of which of his strike partnerships that wont work. :P

Regarding Wellens... it seems as it he now seems almost content to play a Makalele sitting role, collecting the ball of the back 4 and playing short passes backwards and sideways to keep possession. This didn't work last night as this left us light in an attacking sense in a 4-man midfield. Could be useful away from home in a 4-5-1 alongside Drinky and James/King but other than that he really serves no purpose.

Is this thread still going? lol

By all accounts we were shite against The Udders. We are out the cup, some will be happy with that, some won't.

Whatever, rubbish performance and we must put it behind us.

I think we will and fully expect us to comfortably beat Charlton.

I don't think we could've been less bothered or interested in that match if we tried, there were countless second balls that they got to first and the second goal was a joke really, Scanell sauntered past James and what Konchesky was doing I don't know.

So, we're out in a dispiriting fashion, were second best over both games really and Huddersfield deserve to progress. The league is most important but a cup run is not a bad thing. The only benefits I can see is that we won't have any more games moved and we didn't have to sit through 30 more minutes in the freezing cold watching the team do very little right, mainly the basics.

Not good enough.

This

Archived