Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Huddersfield Post Match

The thing that baffles me is how the press have been banging on about how pearson was going to field a team capable of winning tonight, what I saw tonight was a team that lacked desire to win if im honest. The player`s that stepped in tonight also showed me that we have a lot of dead wood in our squad now and we have to offload these in the summer, think Wellens has had his day which nobody would argue with, tackle he got booked for say`s it all for me, Gallagher doesn`t look a patch on what he used to be in term`s of his crossing or shooting ability and Futacs what can you say about him tonight....? I can see why Pearson doesn`t play him in the league now lol. Forgetting about this result, I do believe this is a blessing in disguise for us as I don`t think we can afford to have a cup venture and look at getting promoted at the same time. Look at our squad at the moment, it`s already looking stretched with just wood and marshall injured.

Now we can put our complete focus into the League, Looking to our game in hand and winning that which will hopefully give us a platform on to get promotion! :thumbup:

Futacs, Wellens, Gallagher all showed why they're fringe players tonight..

This right now is a team that you should want to be playing in; second in the league, pushing for promotion. That's something every player should want to contribute to but they frittered away their chance, as did plenty in the first leg in Huddersfield. Thought Moore not being involved was a bit harsh when opportunities were being handed out to many more so less deserving

That defending by Konchesky was abhorrent, he's been nothing like he was last season this time around but what alternative do we have when our supposed second choice left back has been at Manchester United for nigh on a month?!

The most concerning thing is reverting back to our complete inability to take chances without Wood playing. It showed first time around, it showed at Peterborough and it showed again tonight. I hope that Pearson delves into the loan market regardless of whether or not Wood is fit soon

One of the few positives tonight: Michael Keane. This lad is class. Every pass is weighted perfectly and he's never afraid to try and play. Whitbread has years on him but from what he showed earlier this season he doesn't have a chance of displacing Keane. Yes, at times he has made (and will make) mistakes but he's well worth having for his ball retention and commitment to getting the ball from our backline into the midfield or final third.

Very good game tonight from the lad I thought. Annoyed me that he felt like he had to drive into midfield because they weren't doing their job properly. Still, credit to him for doing so.

Right whos this idiot on the radio. "beat them in the first leg, wigan on sunday".dear god

Ooh. Followed by a right moody cow. Get back in the kitchen love

God dont you listen, shes got an 80 miles drive home first and SHES NOT HAPPY!

They never looked like they wanted to win. Numerous attacks with 3 players committed to the attack. Wellens was dictating the game for us, but only at a pace that he was comfortable at. He played ok but there just wasn't enough urgency.

That team in a league game would have enough to beat a poor Huddersfield side who weren't at their strongest either.

At least you can all see why Futacs hasn't been getting much of a look in, he was terrible. Looked like bambi on Ice. Nugent seemed a totally different player to the one we know we have. James was as average as he was at the start of the season.

Can only really say that Keane and Knockaert can come out the game with any credit.

i see idle threats dont work. I cant spell can someone change the title thread. were the frig is babs and davie g when u want them. im gonna stay up tll its done. You try and do the right thing and start a topic all you get is replys to spmebody who shuld be in bed

Second goal defending was sunday morning stuff ,poor,tbf gally did ok but he was a long way back a lot of the time and trying to ping the long pass,silly booking,futacs should have scored vardy should have hit the target late on,general lack of tempo.Drinky?needed a day off?

The reaction from the fans after final whistle was stupid, one fan thought we won the game on legs! what planet is he on? Too many moaners who expect Leicester too win every game, okay we've lost a couple, tonight probably was the poorest performance and saturday we we're just unlucky though you've got to remember Cardiff got beaten by Peterborough. Also Huddersfield would not let us win 6-1 again plus they wanted revenge, pre match i actually thought Huddersfield would win.

We're out the fa cup, I'm disappointed and sad but come on we're third in the championship going for promotion and people are threatening to boycott the club and throw away their season tickets, what kind of supporters are they? I'm confident we'll still go up, though i think we need to look to bring somebody in on the wing, but anyway forget about the fa cup there's always next season, in which we could concentrate more because if we are in the premier league we could really go for the cups.

Archived