Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

young scared of the club/pearson?

The past is the past you cannot change that, so Young is right in that respect.

But young IS the past and the too distant past to have any relevence on todays game . He is simply following his own good advice, do not bite the hand that feeds you. You upset the club who then get upset with Radio Leicester who then get rid of you, it's called the self preservation society. :thumbup:

I think it's harsh to say he is scared of the football club.

Alan did an interview with me for my journalism course at university and he went quite in depth about the role between radio Leicester and the club.

He said he was quite harshly spoken to by his bosses after he claimed the Thais basically knew nothing about football. I was shocked by this and he said its because Radio Leicester have become a lot more catious after the issues revolving stringer and Pearson last time around.

So i guess keeping that contract to commentate on live games is more important than being able to slag off the figures at the club

Yes I think that makes sense.

Forest had a similiar issue, which was why i brought this thread.

A previous job I worked at during our promotion season under micky adams. They had the radio century on, and nearly every evening there was discussions about forest, and that presenter was very pissed off that we were in 2nd and forest were behind in the table and he was constantly slagging of that football club Even tho it wasnt my club I felt it was refreshing to hear someone with balls on the radio. But it seems they paid the price as that radio station lost the rights to air live forest games.

So I did suspect the reason was that there was a fear of bad relations with the football club.

Relations are currently very strained between local radio and the football club. Too much information has been let out by them recently.

Too much!!!???

I can't remember the last time that RL actually told me anything new!!!!!

Young is a reformed alcoholic who has been given a little respect and a small job in the field that he loves. I can understand him towing the line.

He was a beacon of light in some dark days of City history.

I can forgive him for being an asshole occasionally.

I'll certainly never forget him going in goal and performing well when Wallington had to leave the FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury.

What a game! Chip Bates is my number 2 LCFC villain (after D*#£$~ W@#*)

Is he? is that a fact?

I wish people would stick to views (good/bad/indifferent) on Alan as a summariser / pundit rather than making any personal allegations.

He's said as much on air if I remember correctly and pretty sure I've read it in several places. Don't think he's tried to hide it.

Makes me laugh when Youngy says "when the players cross that white line there is nothing the manager can do" - absolute fooking garbage! If that was the case the manager would sit in the west stand in a raised position and not in the technial box. A manager gives instruction, makes tactical changes and liaises with the other staff and subs during the game. Of course there is something he can do It's called fooking leadership. As a manager you constantly talk to the players on the pitch and shout instruction.If Youngy thinks otherwise then he needs to give up his position. I also remember Youngy saying that there is no such thing as wingers in todays game as that is an outdated position then he tried back tracking. I do quite like him but he is stuck in teh dark ages at times. At the end of teh day both he and Stringer need to be careful with what they say about the club and NP or else the club will refuse to talk to them. Striny practically wets himself when he talks to NP. Last night when he said "Ooooh, you tease" I thought he was going to cum in his pants. Stringy reminds me of Ricky Gervaise in theh Office - over eagre, cliched, and immature.

I used to love listening to Century Fm with Darren Fletcher, Gary Birtells and The Birch.

They were a bit more biased towards Forest but I didn't mind that much as we were ahead of them for most of the season.

Yeah me too .... was a shame they stopped that show which seemed really popular!

Archived