Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chrysalis

young scared of the club/pearson?

Heard some very valid comments on the radio.

Young stating we are supposed to ignore the previous defeats. Yet its obvious cant think like that, the fact we lost to teams we should have beaten now means we have to get better results elsewhere eg. beating cardiff away, we cant call a draw today a good result when watford a contender in 2nd place won their game.

I wish we had someone on the radio who wasnt scared of the club.

yep agreed, he even butted in not allowing the caller to finish. Which is I assume what you meant.

I dont think I have ever heard him say a bad thing about the manager. Which in itself isnt natural as no human is perfect.

also that brighton and forest are both on fire and probably gunning for top 6 now and both won last 2 games.

He is rambling on again now arguing with the other presenter about this last 3 defeats.

Young is clueless. He just tows the biased Leicester City line and doesn't want to say anything that might be seen as negative, or controversial. He also said ages ago that managers don't play wingers 'in the modern game', this is just one statement which shows how out of touch he is.

Get him off the radio, he's clueless!

The past is the past you cannot change that, so Young is right in that respect.

you cant change the past but to say it doesnt change expectations of upcoming games is nonsense,

If we were 5 points clear like cardiff then ok it might be an ok result but we dont have that luxury. Not to mention that we missed a penalty and should have won anyway.

Alan Young is also an ex-professional player.

Apart from a review of the previous game to highlight errors made and the like, professional players are not encouraged to dwell on previous defeats. There is nothing to be gained for a player to keep going over the negative experience of a defeat or a poor performance. They should learn from it and move on. They need to be chipper by training on Monday and getting into a positive mindset for the next game.

As fans, we are allowed a lot more latitude to howl and wail if we haven't got what we wanted. At the end of the day, our mindset doesn't affect anything other than our general wellbeing!

You do it to yourseellllffff...you dooooo...and that's what really huuuuurts...

Alan Young is also an ex-professional player.

Apart from a review of the previous game to highlight errors made and the like, professional players are not encouraged to dwell on previous defeats. There is nothing to be gained for a player to keep going over the negative experience of a defeat or a poor performance. They should learn from it and move on. They need to be chipper by training on Monday and getting into a positive mindset for the next game.

As fans, we are allowed a lot more latitude to howl and wail if we haven't got what we wanted. At the end of the day, our mindset doesn't affect anything other than our general wellbeing!

You do it to yourseellllffff...you dooooo...and that's what really huuuuurts...

Exactly this. I think people are trying to make Youngy sound like he's dodging tricky answers, some of which may be true but on the whole - I think he's pretty fair. Today wasn't a bad result so long as we win on Tuesday. Hull lost, so we have made a point back on how many we are behind. We have two games in hand on the teams above so shouldn't be too displeased with todays result.

Of course we could have done better, but until someone invents a time machine - not much we can do.

Young is clueless. He just tows the biased Leicester City line and doesn't want to say anything that might be seen as negative, or controversial. He also said ages ago that managers don't play wingers 'in the modern game', this is just one statement which shows how out of touch he is.

Get him off the radio, he's clueless!

Where have you been for the past 2 1/2 years?

Totally agree with the author of this thread. Alan Young seems to be wary / scared of saying anything to the detriment of the club or Pearson. Perhaps due to the close ties with his employer being radio leicester. It appears that every time there is some criticism of the players, team or manager he without fail dismisses the criticism and puts a positive spin on it. This is honourable to look at the positive side but sometimes i believe he is way off the mark, and sometimes he does indeed sound like he is very naieve. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a bit scared of Pearson as Pearson does come across as a bit of a bully.

He's perving on women, I mean commentating on woman's hockey somewhere.

Cheers for that.

Although I'm a bit surprised there is no conspiracy theory going on about him doing something other than football because Pearson wasn't happy with his 'opening gambit' in their interview following Charlton.

For anyone who didn't hear it, Stringer opened with, "welcome to the interview room of doom." and Pearson was not happy.

It's obvious...

protecting his job with the beeb and pushing the right buttons. Birch is the same but works for the club.

Neither can or will to coin a phrase."state the bleedin' obvious", when it's plain to see the failings of the management. They'd both be down the road if they told it like it is.

Young is a reformed alcoholic who has been given a little respect and a small job in the field that he loves. I can understand him towing the line.

He was a beacon of light in some dark days of City history.

I can forgive him for being an asshole occasionally.

I'll certainly never forget him going in goal and performing well when Wallington had to leave the FA Cup tie against Shrewsbury.

I think it's harsh to say he is scared of the football club.

Alan did an interview with me for my journalism course at university and he went quite in depth about the role between radio Leicester and the club.

He said he was quite harshly spoken to by his bosses after he claimed the Thais basically knew nothing about football. I was shocked by this and he said its because Radio Leicester have become a lot more catious after the issues revolving stringer and Pearson last time around.

So i guess keeping that contract to commentate on live games is more important than being able to slag off the figures at the club

Archived