Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Leicester 3-0 Blackburn - Post Match Thread

He's not a trained journalist and it's so blatantly obvious in every single thing he does. As an interviewer he is absolutely pathetic, as a commentator he fails and spends the whole time 'bantering' with Youngy, talking about the colour of player's boots and talking about his trip to the match on away days. I wouldn't be surprised if NP is sick of the bloke, he's an absolute joke and I think a lot of fans are sick of him too.

He seems like a really nice and likeable chap, and I'm sure that's what has kept in him in this job for so long, but as an interviewer and a commentator he is well below the required standard. It's not been as noticeable under the tenure of other managers, but Pearson does not suffer fools gladly and he's not afraid of letting people know that. Pearson is professional enough in his answers to Stringer, but if we actually got a professional in; someone with a bit more tact, who could build up a bit more rapport with the manager, then I'm sure we'd see a marked improvement in communication with local media from the club.

Got to agree with that .... It drives me nuts that NP is so dull in interviews ...... but the more i think about it and listen to stringer I can see it's the hatred of him that gets int he way.

Stringer is a complete knob and it's so frustrating hearing him sucking up to alan young whilst the game is on in the background..... within 90 seconds of the last game he'd lost interest in describing what was on the pitch and was talking about the journey etc etc.

I do think that Pearson owes it to the fans to ignore stringer and talk directly to the fans .... like someone said earlier MON never answered a single question in interviews, he just talked about the game until the interview time was over and the interviewer didn't speak!!!

I do think that Pearson owes it to the fans to ignore stringer and talk directly to the fans .... like someone said earlier MON never answered a single question in interviews, he just talked about the game until the interview time was over and the interviewer didn't speak!!!

I think Pearson is professional enough - he usually answers all questions - but I do think he gives the bare minimum and can come across a bit dour and disinterested sometimes. I just think that a decent reporter who isn't a massive pain in the arse would get so much more out of him.

Archived