Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Leicester 3-0 Blackburn - Post Match Thread

Come on folks let's not get carried away by one result we have seen enough false dawns already. If this is still happening in three or four matches from now then we will have good reson to get excited but for the moment curb your enthusiasm, that way you won't get hurt. :thumbup:

It's ok to overreact to 2 defeats in a row though right?

You can only answer the questions that are put in front of you though.

And most of the time stringers questions are crap

Not entirely true. He could simply convey a few key points, perhaps focusing on one or two match situations, or whatever he chooses to speak about really. The interviewer simply wants some quotes. It's what MON did so well, just jabbered on delightfully, and thus didn't give the interviewer time to ask any awkward questions. It's a minor issue, of course, and I'm quite sure Nige is a thoroughly decent bloke. Just feel it's a shame we don't get to hear the best of him on RL

Not entirely true. He could simply convey a few key points, perhaps focusing on one or two match situations, or whatever he chooses to speak about really. The interviewer simply wants some quotes. It's what MON did so well, just jabbered on delightfully, and thus didn't give the interviewer time to ask any awkward questions. It's a minor issue, of course, and I'm quite sure Nige is a thoroughly decent bloke. Just feel it's a shame we don't get to hear the best of him on RL

Yeah I know what you're saying. I just think stringer is on the wind up most of the time lol

Just read a stat on Foxblogger's blog, which said we needed 2pts per game from Christmas to end up on 83pts... and we actually have 20pts in the 10 matches since then (average of 2pts per game for the mathematically challenged).

So whilst you can cherry pick a couple of games and say we got 15pts out of 15... or 1pt out of 9 as plenty of people have done over the past week (who are strangely absent from FT after a win) when you take the longer term view you see everything, broadly speaking is fine.

Yes, it's ridiculously frustrating to get the same result every single year at Peterborough or not to be able to break through a superbly organised Charlton.

But teams do lose games, we'll draw games too and we'll win more then we lose & draw. So I'm baffled by the reaction & short-termism and why people can't see the whole picture.

Now... onwards to a tough away game at an improved team motivated by revenge to a thrashing we handed them

I think I'd simply encourage Nige to forget what he feels for the interviewer, and talk direct, as it were, to the fans who are listening, as we do like to hear the thoughts of our leader, whatever the result

How could anyone take Stringer seriously looking like that? Pearson's death stare says it all.

You're not getting carried away? Really? Honestly?

Wow. I am shocked to the core.

OK, I asked for that....... :P

But be fair, I do not get carried away when things go well but neither do I panic when we lose a game or two. I try to keep things on an even keel though being a City fan for many years I do tend to verge on the pessimistic....... :dry:

Clearly there is usually more to say when we play poorly but I do try to keep the criticism constructive....... :thumbup:

I really don't like this "83 points" thing.

Most seasons yeah fair enough it'll probably get you up.

This season Hull and Watford both look like they could post totals up matching or exceeding that, so it's irrelevant.

Very true, we don't need to be setting ourselves a points target. Time to hit a Reading style run and secure 2nd spot

Is this sarcasm? lol

I was expecting a three page debate on Pearson being tactically inept and why we are too inconsistent to maintains promotion push!

You disappoint me flowwolf lol

No it was a good point and well made. Believe it or not I do take on others opinions and in this instance you were right. :thumbup:

It's amazing how quickly all of our perceptions and interpretations change isn't it ? A spell of poor footy, poor results and we are looking for tall buildings. Suddenly, one decent result and performance, (couldn't get back from Manchester in time to make game so have to take poster's words for it), and we are full of the joys of spring again ! Two consecutive clean sheets is really good news. We need to stop letting goals in, as we have in recent games, and get back to taking real pride in having the meanest defence in the league. Success breeds success and all that.

It's amazing how quickly all of our perceptions and interpretations change isn't it ? A spell of poor footy, poor results and we are looking for tall buildings. Suddenly, one decent result and performance, (couldn't get back from Manchester in time to make game so have to take poster's words for it), and we are full of the joys of spring again ! Two consecutive clean sheets is really good news. We need to stop letting goals in, as we have in recent games, and get back to taking real pride in having the meanest defence in the league. Success breeds success and all that.

I don't think anyone really changes their mind, it is just that the negative knee jerkers have nothing to back up their arguments so don't post, those that were positive despite 2 defeats, are still positive and don't have their positive drowned out with petty arguments from negative knee jerkers.

Just read a stat on Foxblogger's blog, which said we needed 2pts per game from Christmas to end up on 83pts... and we actually have 20pts in the 10 matches since then (average of 2pts per game for the mathematically challenged).

So whilst you can cherry pick a couple of games and say we got 15pts out of 15... or 1pt out of 9 as plenty of people have done over the past week (who are strangely absent from FT after a win) when you take the longer term view you see everything, broadly speaking is fine.

Yes, it's ridiculously frustrating to get the same result every single year at Peterborough or not to be able to break through a superbly organised Charlton.

But teams do lose games, we'll draw games too and we'll win more then we lose & draw. So I'm baffled by the reaction & short-termism and why people can't see the whole picture.

Now... onwards to a tough away game at an improved team motivated by revenge to a thrashing we handed them

Superbly organised Charlton. :D :D they just did what others have done and closed us down knowing we did not have an alternative style to play. Whats more you will see plenty of other teams doing that to us before the season ends and believe me they will be no more superbly organised than Charlton.

No it was a good point and well made. Believe it or not I do take on others opinions and in this instance you were right. :thumbup:

Haha I'm only messing with ya mate. I agree with you that we shouldn't get carried away with one win. Nice to have two clean sheets in a row though

I don't think anyone really changes their mind, it is just that the negative knee jerkers have nothing to back up their arguments so don't post, those that were positive despite 2 defeats, are still positive and don't have their positive drowned out with petty arguments from negative knee jerkers.

Prefer the word realist to be honest.

Haha I'm only messing with ya mate. I agree with you that we shouldn't get carried away with one win. Nice to have two clean sheets in a row though

Yeah of course it is and I have a feeling all will come good in the end. But you know it doesnt do much good to all be optimists on here some of us can see the bottle is half empty. :thumbup:

Archived