Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Leicester 3-0 Blackburn - Post Match Thread

It's poor quality, but you can quite clearly see his feet are still planted on the ground after the deflection is made, giving him maximum manouverability. He did well to react to the change in direction, but the change was from straight at him to a bit to his side at a comfortable height for him to get both hands to, and the ball was slowed down a fair bit too.

It's still a very tidy save, but it's hardly the changing direction in mid-air wonder save that I'd been led to believe it was.

Overall I'd give it a difficulty rating of 7/10. Seen them go in, but any upper-Ch'ship standard keeper would be disappointed not to get to it.

Agree with this. The original shot was going well wide, hence why he's still got his feet planted on the ground and hasn't really shifted his weight onto his left side, so in the end can make the save pretty comfortably.

Thought at the time it was one for the cameras, that video just confirms my opinion.

Best save from Kasper I've seen though was at Portsmouth last season.

He saved the first attempt, and then they hit a quick rebound, and before you know it somehow he got across to the other side of the goal, and saved the rebound as well.

God knows how he got over so quick, it was a fantastic double save.

But this season, his save from Morrison against Charlton and last night against Pedersen via a deflection, have to be two of the best saves Kasper has made at home this season.

Played well, about time after the last 5 or 6 games, that was the performance and response we should have had after the Peterborough game.

I can't help but think Blackburn made us look so good but take nothing away from the team you can only play whats infront of you, was shocked at how bad Blackburn are though.

It'll be tough on Saturday against Ipswich but I want to see a performance.

We didn't let them play, they had plenty of the ball but we kept our shape, won it back and set off at pace.

We used the ball intelligently, keeping it simple in the middle and spreading it wide when the opportunity arose. Marshall and Knockaert were far more involved than they recently have been.

A multi-camera feed of the game would give people a better indication of just how good the save was as that video does not do it justice.

He was going one way, the deflection meant he had to react super-fast, and not only did he keep it out, he managed to get it over the bar.

The main "quality" newspapers all led with how great the save was in their match reports which suggests neutrals journalists were pretty amazed by it too.

Also, we scored 2 from corners!!!!

Our corners have been fucking awful for ages, well years tbh, in terms of threats from corners and goals scored from corners but we scored from 2 last night!

Didn't that happen before? Where we hadn't scored from a corner for some stupid amount of corner (Think it was triple figures) then we scored 2 maybe even 3 from corners in one match?

I don't think anyone really changes their mind, it is just that the negative knee jerkers have nothing to back up their arguments so don't post, those that were positive despite 2 defeats, are still positive and don't have their positive drowned out with petty arguments from negative knee jerkers.

Lot of jerking going on Cap'n Pancake :P totally agree :chant: COYB

Agree with this. The original shot was going well wide, hence why he's still got his feet planted on the ground and hasn't really shifted his weight onto his left side, so in the end can make the save pretty comfortably.

Thought at the time it was one for the cameras, that video just confirms my opinion.

Yeah the ham acting t*sser lets string him up for pretending to make a good save, I hope the video panel review it and give him a 3 match ban for play acting :P

It's so refreshing to come on to a post match thread and read positivity more or less throughout. :scarf:

It really depends on the performance - and yesterday's performance showed that the club had clearly responded to the criticism in the best way possible - by the way they won on the pitch.

Corners were delivered with a bit of pace and people made proper effort to get into various areas where they might get a chance to score. The pace of delivery gave defenders less time to react and our having someone combine a fast, head height delivery to a runner hitting the near post was a collectors item to treasure.

We past the ball properly but in the four previous games our passing ranged from ordinary to downright embarrassing.

We pressed the ball holder far more deligently than in recent games and we had a lot more intelligent movement off the ball for far longer than in the recent slump.

It's easy to praise people when they show the right attitude towards winning games and I hope - and how often have i hoped - that we keep it up and do what we did with emphasis last night when we imposed ourselves on almost the entire proceedings.

A multi-camera feed of the game would give people a better indication of just how good the save was as that video does not do it justice.

He was going one way, the deflection meant he had to react super-fast, and not only did he keep it out, he managed to get it over the bar.

The main "quality" newspapers all led with how great the save was in their match reports which suggests neutrals journalists were pretty amazed by it too.

In all fairness, journos seem to know nothing about goalkeepers. The number that fail to see just what a raw talent De Gea is is testament to that fact. Take what they write with an unhealthy dollop of salt.

Archived