Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
crisp monster

best Leicester away defeat

Blackburn when we were 5-0 down an brought it back to 5-3 class game with a very good Chris Sutton

Good shout, remember my Dad picking me up from school (yes, I went to school on Saturdays) and bombing it to Blackburn for this. Must have only been about 7 but I remember our late onslaught and how thankful Blackburn were for the final whistle. The Sheff Utd 3-0 was a horrendous day, seats were right at the front, got soaking wet through and my little brother who was about 3 at the time cried for the vast majority of the game that he wanted his mummy, after 25 mins I think most of the City fans in the ground wanted their mothers. Don't know about everyone else but I really enjoyed Peterborough this season.

The Newcastle game WAS great..

Fookin Hammered and we did not shut up..

BTS is right.. Those old stadia had something about them..The noise the Geordies made that day was nie on deafening.

If anyone had been to a game at Roker Park it was similar there too.. The 'Roker Roar' coming from that big main stand was very real.

For me it was away at West Brom in 2008 winning 4-1 and big Stevie Howard getting a hat-trick. One of the worst seasons ever to be a Leicester fan but the fans were amazing and the players for once that year played out of their skins. Made me proud to be a Leicester fan.

West Brom were unbeatable at the time and we had been dire for most of the season so made it even more sweeter.

For me it was away at West Brom in 2008 winning 4-1 and big Stevie Howard getting a hat-trick. One of the worst seasons ever to be a Leicester fan but the fans were amazing and the players for once that year played out of their skins. Made me proud to be a Leicester fan.

West Brom were unbeatable at the time and we had been dire for most of the season so made it even more sweeter.

just realised this was an away win! this is why i shouldnt be sneaking on here at work!

The Newcastle game WAS great..

Fookin Hammered and we did not shut up..

BTS is right.. Those old stadia had something about them..The noise the Geordies made that day was nie on deafening.

If anyone had been to a game at Roker Park it was similar there too.. The 'Roker Roar' coming from that big main stand was very real.

Yes mate Roker Park was great too :thumbup: one of the coldest I've ever been at a ground one January tho! Love older Stadia that's why Goodison is my favourite ground!

Most of my posts will start with ' not sure on the year ' but I remember going to Newcastle and we were 4-2 up with about 20 mins to go and managed to lose 5-4

No this wasn't the feckin Alan Shearer / sky sports love in ( still feel like vomiting) but one when Mick Quinn ( hatrick) and some other big bastard broke my heart.

I'm also convinced that next season we beat the geordies 5-4 @ home with David Kelly? and Quinn again , both getting hatricks

If that's right, there can't be many back to back 5-4 's

Step in stato's

Most of my posts will start with ' not sure on the year ' but I remember going to Newcastle and we were 4-2 up with about 20 mins to go and managed to lose 5-4

No this wasn't the feckin Alan Shearer / sky sports love in ( still feel like vomiting) but one when Mick Quinn ( hatrick) and some other big bastard broke my heart.

I'm also convinced that next season we beat the geordies 5-4 @ home with David Kelly? and Quinn again , both getting hatricks

If that's right, there can't be many back to back 5-4 's

Step in stato's

Gotta love the history section

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/matchdetails.php?mid=1088

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/page/matchdetails.php?mid=1031

Supporting Leicester is never that easy and travelling to away games usually has a feeling of ' we'll do well to get a point there '

So was wondering following the inevitable away day blues, what was your best defeat - there's plenty to choose from!

I'll start the ball rolling with the 7-1 @ Hillsborough in the league cup - don't know the year ( 89 ish?)

Bobby Davidson's late goal sent the city fans bonkers

Wednesday were a very good side in those days but our fans were great

Edit - not counting play off and cup finals @ Wembley

Remember it well.

Chris Wood played a blinder for them... and i remember we celebrated their 7th goal more than they did :D

wasnt it like really cold and rainy too?

Cardiff away, like stu said, it was the best defeat, best game and worst game all rolled into one lol.

Losing 4-3 to Chelsea was decent, raptures when Cort put us ahead. Chelsea last season was fairly decent as well, purely for the day out. Ridiculously heavy one the night before for St. Patricks, 2 hours sleep before getting the train and getting on it again!

Remember it well.

Chris Wood played a blinder for them... and i remember we celebrated their 7th goal more than they did :D

wasnt it like really cold and rainy too?

It think it was a typical northern autumn evening

And that one WAS Chris Woods!

I think in those days, the top clubs didn't play such weakened sides in the league cup - even in the earlier rounds

Think Trevor Francis was manager and had Chris Waddle, David Hirst, Woods, Carlton Palmer? And a good few others in his side that night

Archived