Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
crisp monster

best Leicester away defeat

Supporting Leicester is never that easy and travelling to away games usually has a feeling of ' we'll do well to get a point there '

So was wondering following the inevitable away day blues, what was your best defeat - there's plenty to choose from!

I'll start the ball rolling with the 7-1 @ Hillsborough in the league cup - don't know the year ( 89 ish?)

Bobby Davidson's late goal sent the city fans bonkers

Wednesday were a very good side in those days but our fans were great

Edit - not counting play off and cup finals @ Wembley

Felt quote proud after Frank Burrows took Allen's bunch of rejects to Chelsea in the 4-3 at the bridge.

The 2-2 at Old Trafford was horrendous after the abuse we had thrown at Beckham, felt like a defeat but it was brilliant up until that 96th minute equaliser.

Being selfish personal point of view the night Fulham scored late to beat is in the cup at the cottage, it was the last one I needed in an accy for £760 and I was well aware of it.

Supporting Leicester is never that easy and travelling to away games usually has a feeling of ' we'll do well to get a point there '

So was wondering following the inevitable away day blues, what was your best defeat - there's plenty to choose from!

I'll start the ball rolling with the 7-1 @ Hillsborough in the league cup - don't know the year ( 89 ish?)

It was 1992.

I was at that one...a good evening out.

What about losing 5-1 away to Man U in the league cup. I think it was this game that Speedie squared up to Peter Schmeichel.

Another good laugh with no pressure because we had lost very early on.

My worst away game was probably losing 5-1 to Hull on a Friday night at Boothferry Park in freezing drizzle. Ricky Hill was on goal at one point and passed the ball to the wing. Horrendous performance. Worst thing was, we stopped for a bag of chips afterwards and had some pissed up Leicester fan insisting we let him into our car as his mates had left him.

Felt quote proud after Frank Burrows took Allen's bunch of rejects to Chelsea in the 4-3 at the bridge.

The 2-2 at Old Trafford was horrendous after the abuse we had thrown at Beckham, felt like a defeat but it was brilliant up until that 96th minute equaliser.

Being selfish personal point of view the night Fulham scored late to beat is in the cup at the cottage, it was the last one I needed in an accy for £760 and I was well aware of it.

Was really struggling to think of a good away defeat, but yeah Chelsea in the Cup was a cracking game.

Cardiff away playoffs. Proudest I felt to be a Leicester fan in defeat. Brilliant fighting spirit and deserved so much better!

Other games we didnt win but was so proud of our lot:

Manchester Utd 2-2 Leicester 98/99.

Tottenham 4-4 Leicester 03/04.

Stoke 0-0 Leicester 08/09(Ok some of you may be like :o but tbh such a crap team we were we showed great spirit and battered a Stoke team who ended up being promoted. That wernt the game that took us down).

Arsenal 2-1 Leicester 03/04.

Chelsea 4-3 Leicester 07/08.

I was at that one...a good evening out.

What about losing 5-1 away to Man U in the league cup. I think it was this game that Speedie squared up to Peter Schmeichel.

Another good laugh with no pressure because we had lost very early on.

My worst away game was probably losing 5-1 to Hull on a Friday night at Boothferry Park in freezing drizzle. Ricky Hill was on goal at one point and passed the ball to the wing. Horrendous performance. Worst thing was, we stopped for a bag of chips afterwards and had some pissed up Leicester fan insisting we let him into our car as his mates had left him.

I was @ both of them as well

Could be wrong but didnt Schmeichel hack our forward down in the box @ 1-0 to them.

Free kick given outside the box and a yellow card.

The free kick got charged down, straight down our end, 2-0 :-(

Could be wrong though

I was @ both of them as well

Could be wrong but didnt Schmeichel hack our forward down in the box @ 1-0 to them.

Free kick given outside the box and a yellow card.

The free kick got charged down, straight down our end, 2-0 :-(

Could be wrong though

Something like that, yeah.

There was a time when I could remember every goal and scorer, but not anymore. It's more like odd things stand out rather than all the details.

Got to be against Harlow Town circa 1980, think it was an FA cup replay, really funny because I seem to remember you could just walk up a grass bank from the road to watch the game, and we got chased at the end, turned out ok because I'm pretty sure we got promoted the same season!

Our 2-3 defeat to West Ham last season, awful first half but a bit of a fight back second half and of course we we're without a manager!

Same as LeicesterPool.

Because it's the only away match I've been to, where we have lost :P

The 3-2 away to Forest was decent.

I know it was Forest and all. But we were both teams scrapping for playoffs so there was a very good turnout and we both really went for it.

I went absolutely mental when we went straight up the other end after conceding. Shame Weale ****ed it up though lol

Has to be the Ipswich 3-2 defeat in 91 in the last away game of the season. Absolute carnage!!

Also Derby in and around the Xmas period in 1993 was a corker too. Ended up in some pub not too far away from the BBG and was all Leicester. We were 2-1 down Coatsworth was sent off. We then made it 2-2 and all the fans went mental. Just a shame that they then scored again to win it.

Most away defeats hit harder than home ones for me so it's difficult to remember a good one.

The Forest 5-1 was strangely one of the better ones, we'd lost it by half time and we knew it, but the fans were great and just stuck two fingers up to the world that day. Great sense of humour. The journey home was pretty funny as well, my mate was driving like a nutter.

A special mention to Peterborough last season actually - simply because it was the first and probably the only time I'll experience terracing.

Archived