Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Players getting worse.

How is it players such as knockaert and Marshall are virtually unrecognisable from when they first came onto the scene. Is it bad management? Are they being overworked in training? The fact there the two 'flare' players in our team suggests it's bad management to me. All our defenders have been consistent this season, which is no surprise as Pearson was a defender. I just don't get how a player can go from being so good, to so ordinary?

How is it players such as knockaert and Marshall are virtually unrecognisable from when they first came onto the scene. Is it bad management? Are they being overworked in training? The fact there the two 'flare' players in our team suggests it's bad management to me. All our defenders have been consistent this season, which is no surprise as Pearson was a defender. I just don't get how a player can go from being so good, to so ordinary?

Just have been given more defensive roles and we have been found out, close down centre midfield, wingers get no services = no goals.

It's a good question ... i was sat watching both Knocky and Marshall tonight thinking exactly that .... but then I started applying it to a few more ... DD, Nuge, ....

Do they believe in our tactics? Have they lost self belief?? Is it pressure? Loss of motivation?? who knows.

Pearson's wingers are all about defensive work, as he likes his full backs to push forward in a 442 so they have to cover regularly. Marshall mentioned the other week he's been working on the defensive side of his game all season so not surprising that he has lost a bit of confidence going forward. Same thing was happening to Gradel but, he left and his career took off. Coincidence?

Pearson's wingers are all about defensive work, as he likes his full backs to push forward in a 442 so they have to cover regularly. Marshall mentioned the other week he's been working on the defensive side of his game all season so not surprising that he has lost a bit of confidence going forward. Same thing was happening to Gradel but, he left and his career took off. Coincidence?

Gradels career took off? Really?? How many premier league games did he play? Where is he now? Mid table in France?

The simple fact is we play in the championship we cannot afford to have two flair players who offer nothing defensively.

And with Knockaert in particular the start off the season no one knew him, he could do what he liked out there. After a few good performances teams look at him and aim to keep him quiet.

The point about Nugent is rediculas as he has had the two best goal scoring seasons of his career the last two so to say he has got worse is moronic at best.

'flare'? They burst into flames? No wonder they're not playing well lol

Knockeart is a CAM, not a winger.

Pearson insists on playing him out side. Why? Why would you not play to your best player's strengths?

What on earth was a right footed target man who cannot shoot doing out on the left wing in the second half?

Why do we have a talented prospect being sold when he is better than 1/4 of our squad?

Pearson is tactically inept and his arrogance is ridiculous.

Talented players are stifled in his rigid system, a system that employs average players to do bad jobs.

#PearsonOut

Gradels career took off? Really?? How many premier league games did he play? Where is he now? Mid table in France?

The simple fact is we play in the championship we cannot afford to have two flair players who offer nothing defensively.

And with Knockaert in particular the start off the season no one knew him, he could do what he liked out there. After a few good performances teams look at him and aim to keep him quiet.

The point about Nugent is rediculas as he has had the two best goal scoring seasons of his career the last two so to say he has got worse is moronic at best.

A Nugent fan are we? You probably thought he had a good game last night didn't you.

Eejit

A Nugent fan are we? You probably thought he had a good game last night didn't you.

Eejit

Be quiet little boy, just stating the facts that Nugent with us is having the best two seasons of his career, last night I thought he played like a player returning from injury. If your seriously questioning Our top scorer then you are really an eejit as you so beautifully put it.

For De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Marshall, Vardy and Wood this is their first full season 'settled' at a club at this level, several of them have never played this many games with this pressure and at this intensity before.

Keane and Kane are loanees and this is Knockaerts first season in England so same applies to them.

So for 9 out of the current starters this is a completely new situation for them, give them this season and I expect them to be much improved and more consistent next season. This is to be expected when you're building a team of young players rather than splashing out on expensive misfits.

Gradel is nothing more than a stick to beat Pearson with.

He was never that great once people take their anti-Pearson glasses off. Despite that, NP only sanctioned his sale if it was to non-rival. Hoos/Manderic went behind his back & sold him to Leeds... A contributory reason in their falling out.

We've finished above them every single year under Pearson haven't we?

and some French club got done to the tune of £5mil for a pretty average but fast winger.

So what?

For De Laet, Drinkwater, James, Marshall, Vardy and Wood this is their first full season 'settled' at a club at this level, several of them have never played this many games with this pressure and at this intensity before.

Keane and Kane are loanees and this is Knockaerts first season in England so same applies to them.

So for 9 out of the current starters this is a completely new situation for them, give them this season and I expect them to be much improved and more consistent next season. This is to be expected when you're building a team of young players rather than splashing out on expensive misfits.

Thank god for Davie G.

A sane voice.

This is absolutely spot on Davie!

Every time one of our players looks like he's bringing somthing fresh to the pitch, the next match he gets man marked out of the game. This has been happening with Knockaert over the past few games, and we don't appear to have a plan b when it happens, which is pretty much every game now.

We've been found out basically, and its making our 'flair' players look average.

Every time one of our players looks like he's bringing somthing fresh to the pitch, the next match he gets man marked out of the game. This has been happening with Knockaert over the past few games, and we don't appear to have a plan b when it happens, which is pretty much every game now.

We've been found out basically, and its making our 'flair' players look average.

Maybe because they're inexperienced at this level, it's up to individual players with the help of the club to develop and improve themselves and learn how to deal with the closer attention they are getting. Given time they will improve if they don't they'll be moved on.

Knockaert for example has to learn when to keep the ball and when to pass, he also needs to recognise that he can use other players with simple passing interchanges to get by the double marking he's getting, simply he has to expand and develop his options.

There is also the angle where opposition teams don't know about "new" guys strengths and weaknesses and so are unable to expose them but after a player has been in the league/team for a while they can be scouted better. Then it's down to the "new" players taking the next step by working harder in training to perfect certain areas of their game.

Good as far as it goes Davey but it does beg the following questions.......

Would a more flexible, more tactically aware manager have brought these players together more successfully? What about more positive coaching, Marshall allowed more freedom for example?

We have seen, at times, that this team has real talent, has it been properly nurtured or has it been suppressed by a negative, conservative approach?

These days the club goes to great lengths to make sure the fans (or anyone else for that matter) have no idea what goes on behind the scenes so we can only judge from what we see an matchdays and at present our body language shows frustration and discontent and in some cases a reluctance for some players to give of their best.

Would a more flexible, more tactically aware manager have brought these players together more successfully? What about more positive coaching, Marshall allowed more freedom for example?

We have seen, at times, that this team has real talent, has it been properly nurtured or has it been suppressed by a negative, conservative approach?

Are you actually expecting an answer to unanswerable questions?

at present our body language shows frustration and discontent and in some cases a reluctance for some players to give of their best.

Eh...

Eh...

I undertand what he means - the players body language suggests a lack of belief.... I thought it was really obvious last night that we lacked ideas and belief and the player's body language suggested that too.

Eh...

No not really..... :whistle:

Just trying to get people to understand that although NFP is, in overall term, a pretty successful manager for us, he is human (not mustelidae has as been suggested) and actually not perfect at everything...... :dunno:

I undertand what he means - the players body language suggests a lack of belief.... I thought it was really obvious last night that we lacked ideas and belief and the player's body language suggested that too.

Thank you.

I thought it was pretty obvious last night and quite widespread too. I have seen it with individuals before last night, most notably with Knockaert and Nugent but individuals can have bad days, last night it was nearly half the team..... :dunno:

Archived