Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
phillo

does pearson need to be looking at loan market

Last thing we need is a headless chicken in the middle of the pitch. King has been great recently & Drinks solid both are in a different league to someone giving fouls away in our own half.

I'd have Sclupp at LB in heartbeat though, although it remains to be seen if his experience would be okay playing alongside young Keane... So perhaps NP does have the 'blend' right

As for loans... Who knows how much we can do.

Owners pumped in £15m of more loans this season, wage bill of £30m and highest losses ever seen in second flight, suggest the pot is so far below empty it's untrue.

We've got Keane & Kane, 2 real quality players on loan - if there's who can improve the squad Pearson would be in for them if he was able... He's made use of the loan market when able to.

Last thing we need is a headless chicken in the middle of the pitch. King has been great recently & Drinks solid both are in a different league to someone giving fouls away in our own half.

As for loans... Who knows how much we can do.

Owners pumped in £15m of more loans this season, wage bill of £30m and highest losses ever seen in second flight, suggest the pot is so far below empty it's untrue.

We've got Keane & Kane, 2 real quality players on loan - if there's who can improve the squad Pearson would be in for them if he was able... He's made use of the loan market when able to.

I do agree with you on the most part. And i do think that kingy and drinks are good together. Its just coming from the bench we dont seem to have any one to bring on in that position to make a big difference to the game, i think Danns could come on for 20 minutes and score a goal, i do see that with any one else!

I do agree with you on the most part. And i do think that kingy and drinks are good together. Its just coming from the bench we dont seem to have any one to bring on in that position to make a big difference to the game, i think Danns could come on for 20 minutes and score a goal, i do see that with any one else!

But if we're having Neil Danns to sit on the bench and be a bit part player, then we've already seen he doesn't want to accept that.

If finances permit it, I would hope we're looking at another wide player to help unlock defences.

I think a midfielder wouldn't be the worst idea. Having said that it won't solve all of our problems. There are obviously players in the current squad who can play a lot better more often and the same can be said about the team as a whole.

Where does 30m come from?

The one positive about NFP that most seem to agree on is that he's cut the wage bill, which went from 16m to 27m on Sven's watch, so how has it gone up by another 3m since he left?

Anyone listen to Sven last night very pleasant and professional as usual unlike NfeffinP.Insists he just identified players he would like and left the financials to 'andrew'.

hasnt got a clue about the money,didnt write the cheques, didnt do the accounts.Some of these footy club owners would struggle with a sweetshop

Anyone listen to Sven last night very pleasant and professional as usual unlike NfeffinP.Insists he just identified players he would like and left the financials to 'andrew'.

hasnt got a clue about the money,didnt write the cheques, didnt do the accounts.Some of these footy club owners would struggle with a sweetshop

Would far sooner have a manager who struggles with a local radio presenter (NP always comes across fine on Sky etc) but who can identify good players who can make a team & challenge at the top end of the table...

rather than someone like SeffinGE who just looks down the previous season's Championship 'Fantasy Football League table' then bolting on whatever scraps you can from the Premiership, players aren't wanted by their own clubs, promising them all first team football then having someone else deal with the fallout when you get the rest of your £3m contract being paid off on your way out the door having never amounted to anything more than midtable mediocrity despite outspending the whole the division added together... but comes across fine on the radio every now & again and says what people want to hear regardless of who he's talking to.

How the hell did he identify these players... how did he evaluate how they'd play together, did he evaluate their mental character, did he think about adding value down the line by adding 20ish year olds,

Sven might have been able to throw quarter of a billion pounds at players on transfer fees alone to win the italian league etc... but that sure as shit ain't the Championship.

I'm glad you have highlighted what is important in a manager. I really wish we had Sven to wow the media, and bring his suave interview styles so I can listen to them repeatedly at night. This Pearson fella is boring as shite, and he's only gone and got us higher than Sven ever did. What a moron.

I'm glad you have highlighted what is important in a manager. I really wish we had Sven to wow the media, and bring his suave interview styles so I can listen to them repeatedly at night. This Pearson fella is boring as shite, and he's only gone and got us higher than Sven ever did. What a moron.

Cut and paste remember...

:thumbup:

Yes, we have needed a midfield general for the last 4/5 years. I just dont subscribe to the Andy King thing - he's a flat track bully that has the odd good game but goes MIA all too often when a physical team plays us.

Guest BlueBrett
Would far sooner have a manager who struggles with a local radio presenter (NP always comes across fine on Sky etc) but who can identify good players who can make a team & challenge at the top end of the table...

Off topic but I think this is a good point. Seems to me that Stringer's rambling, proposition laden questions are at least as much to blame for the terrible NP interviews as Pearson's natural bluntness.

But then you also have to remember that on Sky he is addressing a much wider audience and probably has it in mind that he doesn't want to appear so dry as to put off potential future employers.

Whatever the reason I can't escape from the fact that his interviews really get on my nerves. Since Stringer isn't having any success why don't RL send Alan Young down to have a word with him sometimes?

I'd like a loan player but don't really see it being on the cards. I think we may have slipped up bringing in Kane. I know he is highly rated but I can't help feeling that perhaps the moan in caller the other night who said we should have gone for a more experienced pro for the run in may well have been right.

[/size]

Off topic but I think this is a good point. Seems to me that Stringer's rambling, proposition laden questions are at least as much to blame for the terrible NP interviews as Pearson's natural bluntness.

But then you also have to remember that on Sky he is addressing a much wider audience and probably has it in mind that he doesn't want to appear so dry as to put off potential future employers.

Whatever the reason I can't escape from the fact that his interviews really get on my nerves. Since Stringer isn't having any success why don't RL send Alan Young down to have a word with him sometimes?

I'd like a loan player but don't really see it being on the cards. I think we may have slipped up bringing in Kane. I know he is highly rated but I can't help feeling that perhaps the moan in caller the other night who said we should have gone for a more experienced pro for the run in may well have been right.

Why does it matter? So long as we win games I wouldn't care if he sang the words to Gangnam Style in a fake'd oriental accent. I seriously don't get this Pearson bashing after his interviews.

Why does it matter? So long as we win games I wouldn't care if he sang the words to Gangnam Style in a fake'd oriental accent. I seriously don't get this Pearson bashing after his interviews.

On Keane well, I don't think i've seen him play badly. He is an integral part of one of the best defences in the league. What more do you want?

You and I have different values then.

I saw Pearson last night as petulant and immature.

And it made me think less of him.

It's not the first time he's not appeared bothered to answer questions properly.

What he doesn't seem to get is that hes not only not answering Stringer's questions, but those of the fans also.

Then again, I don't expect you to get this due to your complete unwillingness to even criticise the man.

So it's all epidemic innit..

You and I have different values then.

I saw Pearson last night as petulant and immature.

And it made me think less of him.

It's not the first time he's not appeared bothered to answer questions properly.

What he doesn't seem to get is that hes not only not answering Stringer's questions, but those of the fans also.

Then again, I don't expect you to get this due to your complete unwillingness to even criticise the man.

So it's all epidemic innit..

My stance always will be that so long as everything is right on the pitch, then matters off the pitch aren't an issue surely? After a few bad games, yes I would like Pearson to come out and say "Yeah, we were poor, Leeds are a dirty team who made it hard for us and we got lucky" - But what difference is it going to make?

Pearson has is downfalls, tactically I think he should have been more aware of Leeds' threats, but overall this season he has done very well.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people want a Media Savvy manager - I just personally don't think it is essential, Pearson's done alright this season, has he not?

My stance always will be that so long as everything is right on the pitch, then matters off the pitch aren't an issue surely? After a few bad games, yes I would like Pearson to come out and say "Yeah, we were poor, Leeds are a dirty team who made it hard for us and we got lucky" - But what difference is it going to make?

Pearson has is downfalls, tactically I think he should have been more aware of Leeds' threats, but overall this season he has done very well.

Don't get me wrong, I understand why people want a Media Savvy manager - I just personally don't think it is essential, Pearson's done alright this season, has he not?

Fergie (although he's mellowed the past year or 2), Dalglish and a whole variety of other managers have long given reporters short shrift, giving nothing away to fans - it never affected them.

I'd put media persona in a 'would like to have' column... not in the essential column... quite frankly I couldn't care less

It's just something else to beat Pearson up with & wouldn't get a mention after a good performance & a win...

Anyway, managers who talk freely to the press just comes out with loads of cliches anyway, it's not like they come out with their tactics for the next game or who they're going to sign... the stuff fans really want to know. It's just a load of bollox about things being part & parcel of the game, need to try harder in xyz position or push on right to the end... who gives a flying ****

Archived