Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Bolton Line Up Bid For Schlupp

Bit of an odd one really. Makes you wonder why he isn't playing more for us. Pearson sees him every day in training though I guess. But still an odd one really if Man United are looking at him and he can't make our bench.

Bit of an odd one really. Makes you wonder why he isn't playing more for us. Pearson sees him every day in training though I guess. But still an odd one really if Man United are looking at him and he can't make our bench.

He was making our bench before United came along. I don't know who you would put him ahead of in our team either...

He is all potential atm and hasn't really proven anything as of yet. The boy has talent for sure. Hopefully we can harness it, if Man Utd don't come calling and sign him up that is

Is this for real ?

If so i think Pearson should be bloody ashamed of himself for not giving him any sort of sustained chance . Ahhh .....he was too busy paying a mill for Vardy was'nt he .

"bloody ashamed of himself" lol lol

Bolton want him, he MUST be amazing

All these people saying he's all potential and not ready for the first team. How will he ever fulfill that potential without first team exposure!? At home at least I think he should be starting at left back, Konch is past it for me.

He was making our bench before United came along. I don't know who you would put him ahead of in our team either...

He is all potential atm and hasn't really proven anything as of yet. The boy has talent for sure. Hopefully we can harness it, if Man Utd don't come calling and sign him up that is

Waghorn, Vardy, Futacs, Konchesky when jaded or out of form, ditto Dyer, ditto Knocky.

Something smells very dodgy.

How can a player deemed good enough for the Champions Elect of the Premier league not feature in our side since November?

Equally, how come Bolton see him as a viable target? WTF?

What don't we know!

To be fair, Jesse Lingard is deemed good enough for the champions elect of the PL !

He was always on our bench, before leaving on trial

His preferred position is where we have plenty of cover so actual on the pitch time at the crunch time of year will be severely limited.

Yes, I'm a fan of Schlupp's... but as part of an attacking team with fast fullbacks.

I've not seen anything from Schlupp to suggest he'd get in many Championship team's forward lines, never mind one challenging at the top... There's a lot of sentimental nonsense going on because we're in a tough patch and that automatically means anyone not in the team is 10 times better than they really are.

Do I want Schlupp to leave, no. I think we should keep quality young players.

However the reality is we will have to sell to buy and as we're ably covered in his preferred position the money MAY be put to better use at LB, CM, RM or LM.

He was always on our bench, before leaving on trial

His preferred position is where we have plenty of cover so actual on the pitch time at the crunch time of year will be severely limited.

Yes, I'm a fan of Schlupp's... but as part of an attacking team with fast fullbacks.

I've not seen anything from Schlupp to suggest he'd get in many Championship team's forward lines, never mind one challenging at the top... There's a lot of sentimental nonsense going on because we're in a tough patch and that automatically means anyone not in the team is 10 times better than they really are.

Do I want Schlupp to leave, no. I think we should keep quality young players.

However the reality is we will have to sell to buy and as we're ably covered in his preferred position the money MAY be put to better use at LB, CM, RM or LM.

Yes, Dyer is such good LB cover! Schlupp is the future like Gradel was until we sold him for a pittance.

Yes, Dyer is such good LB cover! Schlupp is the future like Gradel was until we sold him for a pittance.

Did you not even read what you're replying to?

How do we afford more signings to provide LB cover, or better still replace Konch? Then add to our midfield positions where LM needs looking at and most people think CM needs improving.

The owners are limited by the rules to investing a maximum of £6m next season... that would barely be enough to pay off some of the overpaid Sven era contracts still hanging around, never mind sign players who are an improvement on those positions that we need to strengthen?

Can you magic money or do you grow money out of your arse? If so, get in touch with the club they're gonna need it in the summer.

I said I don't want to sell Schlupp, but where does he fit in. He scored some goals in his preferred position in the third or fourth tier for Brentford... and he's looked promising at LB for us.

We need to strengthen at LB, and potentially right across the middle... a player who is well down the pecking order who is saleable is the ideal way to bring one or two others in.

Not the Gradel *yawn* again.

He was never very good for us, did ok at Leeds and then some French club paid way over the odds for him. Pearson never wanted to sell him, he wanted to leave... Pearson only sanctioned the sale if it was to a 'lesser' club - Hoos and/or Manderic then went behind Pearson's back to sell to Leeds.

But by all means carry on, don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of your obviously blinkered view..... gradel blah blah ****ing blah

Archived