Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Bolton Line Up Bid For Schlupp

Did you not even read what you're replying to?

How do we afford more signings to provide LB cover, or better still replace Konch? Then add to our midfield positions where LM needs looking at and most people think CM needs improving.

The owners are limited by the rules to investing a maximum of £6m next season... that would barely be enough to pay off some of the overpaid Sven era contracts still hanging around, never mind sign players who are an improvement on those positions that we need to strengthen?

Can you magic money or do you grow money out of your arse? If so, get in touch with the club they're gonna need it in the summer.

I said I don't want to sell Schlupp, but where does he fit in. He scored some goals in his preferred position in the third or fourth tier for Brentford... and he's looked promising at LB for us.

We need to strengthen at LB, and potentially right across the middle... a player who is well down the pecking order who is saleable is the ideal way to bring one or two others in.

Not the Gradel *yawn* again.

He was never very good for us, did ok at Leeds and then some French club paid way over the odds for him. Pearson never wanted to sell him, he wanted to leave... Pearson only sanctioned the sale if it was to a 'lesser' club - Hoos and/or Manderic then went behind Pearson's back to sell to Leeds.

But by all means carry on, don't let the reality of the situation get in the way of your obviously blinkered view..... gradel blah blah ****ing blah

So you think that Schlupp is as good now as he will ever be? Obviously Man U don't agree with you!

Why is there a thought that every player who is looked at or signed by Man United is brilliant? Would you have Lingard back? Would you want Bebe here?

Schlupp looks a decent player and did well at left-back, but I think people are going over the top about him.

I recall Schlupp is on high wages having been offered an improved deal in the 'big spend era'. No doubt higher than the current structure for a player of his age. Now we have a numer of good young players, such wage discrepancies can cause ill feeling and impact morale and motivation amongst his peers. Hard to sell on as he would have to take a wage cut.....unless it is to Mutd where he may be able to continue to get his current package or would be happy to take a cut given the stature of the club.

Ideally Pearson probably wants to keep him but equally wants to maintain some level of wage consistency at the club to breed harmony

Bit of an odd one really. Makes you wonder why he isn't playing more for us. Pearson sees him every day in training though I guess. But still an odd one really if Man United are looking at him and he can't make our bench.

I never trust Pearson when it comes to strikers out of all his signings only Wood has done anything for us

I recall Schlupp is on high wages having been offered an improved deal in the 'big spend era'. No doubt higher than the current structure for a player of his age. Now we have a numer of good young players, such wage discrepancies can cause ill feeling and impact morale and motivation amongst his peers. Hard to sell on as he would have to take a wage cut.....unless it is to Mutd where he may be able to continue to get his current package or would be happy to take a cut given the stature of the club.

Ideally Pearson probably wants to keep him but equally wants to maintain some level of wage consistency at the club to breed harmony

That's a good point actually. Same age group as a clutch of young players, playing 1st team every week... who have arrived since his 'big spend era' contract was awarded.

Then fractionally younger we have Hopper, Panayiotou, Dodoo, Blythe etc

Quite right, there's a world of difference between wanting to sell him and having to sell him because of the wage deal he was given. If we could offload Beckford, Danns, Wellens etc in the summer we could probably afford to keep him. I'm not hopeful of that happening though

I don't get the Schlupp love in, no better than Vardy to be honest and not as good as Konchy.

How do we know though?

He certainly has never been given as many opportunities to prove himself as Vardy has had.

He looked decent at full back, and made one mistake, and was dropped, never to be seen again!

I certainly wouldn`t write him off as a striker either, he has pace to burn,don`t forget he is still only 20, and the more he plays, the better he is likely to get.

The thing with Schlupp for me, is that despite him looking to have lots of potential, we just haven`t seen enough of him with a decent run of games, for him to really prove himself, and for us to be able to judge how good he really is, or might become.

The same was true of Gradel when he was here, he was never given a decent run of games, to settle down and truly show what he could do.

When he had that chance at Leeds he took it.

Scoring 18 goals in his first season in the championship, with numerous assists that season too, really wasn`t to shabby for someone that Pearson obviously didn`t think was good enough for his team.

That's a good point actually. Same age group as a clutch of young players, playing 1st team every week... who have arrived since his 'big spend era' contract was awarded.

Then fractionally younger we have Hopper, Panayiotou, Dodoo, Blythe etc

Is this the same Blythe whom Notts County dropped after one half of play?

This is very true. He has never signed us decent strikers.

Wood will prove that too. Flash in the pan who West Brom were happy to get rid of. The wood fans on here will quickly turn given his goals per game tally come the end of the season

My god I really do despise leicester fans sometimes !

"Schlupps on trial at man utd, Pearson doesn't know what he's doing" "if Zaha is worth £15 million so is Schlupp" Jesus, he even got compared to Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale !

People need to wake up and realise a few things, 1) Schlupp isn't even that good and I'd snap someone's hand off for £1 million

2) he's earning a massive amount, sustainability !

3) We aren't in a position where we can start playing players who may or may not have potential, we need out strongest team out every week from now up until the last game of the season has finished.

4) I also remember about 90% of this board hammering him after Leeds away (see number 3)

We have 11 games left, plus the possibility of the playoffs, how about for once, we cut the bullshit, lay off the players, lay off Nigel, stop ****ing moaning and SUPPORT the team.

Who knows, we may even start winning again !

ARE YOU FOR REAL MATE?

Only time will tell. I'm not sure if it's Pearsons tactics that are starving him of the kind of ball that he needs to flourish or that West Brom are at a stage where they are so far ahaed of us that the recognise that he is not Premiership standard.

My god I really do despise leicester fans sometimes !

"Schlupps on trial at man utd, Pearson doesn't know what he's doing" "if Zaha is worth £15 million so is Schlupp" Jesus, he even got compared to Theo Walcott and Gareth Bale !

People need to wake up and realise a few things, 1) Schlupp isn't even that good and I'd snap someone's hand off for £1 million

2) he's earning a massive amount, sustainability !

3) We aren't in a position where we can start playing players who may or may not have potential, we need out strongest team out every week from now up until the last game of the season has finished.

4) I also remember about 90% of this board hammering him after Leeds away (see number 3)

We have 11 games left, plus the possibility of the playoffs, how about for once, we cut the bullshit, lay off the players, lay off Nigel, stop ****ing moaning and SUPPORT the team.

Who knows, we may even start winning again !

So your opinion weighed against Ferguson at Man united is worth more than the sum ? We have been playing all season with players who " might "have potential and that is why we have boottled it in the end. How about for once we get real and stop being so happy clappy when there is clearly nothing to be happy clappy anout ?

So your opinion weighed against Ferguson at Man united is worth more than the sum ? We have been playing all season with players who " might "have potential and that is why we have boottled it in the end. How about for once we get real and stop being so happy clappy when there is clearly nothing to be happy clappy anout ?

You'll need a bigger hook to catch a fish this size.

You can tell Pearsons not really bothered about keeping him if Bolton pay the price he'll leave. This is what happens when utd take a player on trial and then other clubs start sniffing, watching him etc. I really have to question Pearson we have a player who can play to very different positions and he's not fussed if we keep him or not.

Archived