Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

The Boo-Boys v The Happy-Clappers

Is it just me, or is Leicester City the only club in the world where you could find two different firms, who hate each other, within the same club?

We are in a difficult place at the moment, and one thing is for certain, what won't help is the negativity within the fanbase. For me, its a significant part of the problem. As soon as something goes wrong, a lot of the fans jump on it, and it makes things worse and worse. I am disappointed that this overly high expectation has set in so strongly.

Any one of us would have considered top 2 to be an overachievement before the season started, the play-offs is decent, and since we lost the Cup game at Huddersfield all the boo-boys have been working overtime to make sure we don't even get play-offs.

It's time for us to pull together, at least in the ground, while the bloody matches are going on! We are at a stage in the season where we only have a chance of success by keeping things as they are, so can everybody please just get behind the team, because cutting out the negativity amongst the fans and generating the right attitude is half-way to getting promoted for me.

Is it just me, or is Leicester City the only club in the world where you could find two different firms, who hate each other, within the same club?

It's just you.

Think it exists within all clubs to be honest.

It's just you.

Think it exists within all clubs to be honest.

I know differences of opinion exist within all clubs, just that I can see us taking it so far that it actually turns into warring factions....

We are in a difficult place at the moment, and one thing is for certain, what won't help is the negativity within the fanbase. For me, its a significant part of the problem. As soon as something goes wrong, a lot of the fans jump on it, and it makes things worse and worse. I am disappointed that this overly high expectation has set in so strongly.

Any one of us would have considered top 2 to be an overachievement before the season started, the play-offs is decent, and since we lost the Cup game at Huddersfield all the boo-boys have been working overtime to make sure we don't even get play-offs.

It's time for us to pull together, at least in the ground, while the bloody matches are going on! We are at a stage in the season where we only have a chance of success by keeping things as they are, so can everybody please just get behind the team, because cutting out the negativity amongst the fans and generating the right attitude is half-way to getting promoted for me.

Over achievement? We have reported losses of £29.7m in the year up to May 2012, the highest of any championship club ever. We should not be losing to insignificant ****stains like Wednesday and winning only 1 in 7 games!

It's not even about being a "Happy Clapper" for me. Am I happy about the current form? No, of course not but I support the players and Manager because A) I believe they care about the results B) Negativity doesn't help the situation at all and C) Because we are doing well overall

Over achievement? We have reported losses of £29.7m in the year up to May 2012, the highest of any championship club ever. We should not be losing to insignificant ****stains like Wednesday and winning only 1 in 7 games!

I know whoever says money doesn't bring you happiness obviously doesn't have any, but money does not bring you INSTANT success. I didn't expect promotion at the start of the season, I want it as much as anyone, but I don't expect it. Financial figures and statistics mean f*** all, with great power, comes great responsibility.

It will exist within all clubs.

However, I wouldn't separate fans defining them with the two names you mention though... I'm a massive Nigel Pearson fan but don't call myself a 'happy clapper'. But I also criticise the team, the manager and the players (I'm within my rights as a fan imo).

It's not even about being a "Happy Clapper" for me. Am I happy about the current form? No, of course not but I support the players and Manager because A) I believe they care about the results B) Negativity doesn't help the situation at all and C) Because we are doing well overall

This. We know things aren't going well and something clearly isn't right but we're not going into meltdown over it. Overall it has been a good season, there are problems that need to be ironed out we're aware of that, we are by no means the finished product but we are progressing. The money we spent was a ridiculous amount, it's done more harm than it has good and this is why Pearson was brought in to bring some stability and make changes. The run of poor form is concerning but it can still change, how many times in the past have we struggled against teams we should beat, only to go out and get a result against the top clubs. The point is I can understand the concerns, we have those same concerns. For the time being lets see how it plays out rather than jumping in and making the single change that can undo how far we have come over the past year or so.

It will exist within all clubs.

However, I wouldn't separate fans defining them with the two names you mention though... I'm a massive Nigel Pearson fan but don't call myself a 'happy clapper'. But I also criticise the team, the manager and the players (I'm within my rights as a fan imo).

The names are because that is what the opposing sides label each other. Anyone who tries to defend NP, the team and the football club in this hour of difficulty is labelled a 'Happy-Clapper', while those who want us to fail because they don't like the style of NP's interviews, and start to go apes*it as soon as we go 1 down, are correctly labelled 'boo-boys'.

and all the happy clappers look like seals on crack

Archived