Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

The reason for our poor form...

could be that between 9th February and 9th March we have had 8 games.

We have had two winning runs this season, one from 19th September until 20th October. This saw us win 5 and draw one of our 6 games. Our next winning run was from 29th December until 31st January, where we won all five of our league games.

Forget Pearson's bust ups, lack of plan B or lack of tactical awareness, if it is your wont to blame our poor run on this, and instead look at fixture congestion and a small squad.

not blaming all our problems on this.but how many goals have we let in from corners or crosses?

we have the highest goals scored in the league dont we?

so is it not a defence/set play problem?

could be that between 9th February and 9th March we have had 8 games.

We have had two winning runs this season, one from 19th September until 20th October. This saw us win 5 and draw one of our 6 games. Our next winning run was from 29th December until 31st January, where we won all five of our league games.

Forget Pearson's bust ups, lack of plan B or lack of tactical awareness, if it is your wont to blame our poor run on this, and instead look at fixture congestion and a small squad.

I'm inclined to agree with this to a certain extent. Must be a fair bit of fatigue in the squad with most of them having to start so many games in such a small space of time and what with some injuries as well it isn't going to help.

The team as become predictable to our opponents because there is no plan B, if there is a plan B then it must mean that, that the tactic used far too much, Pearson moaned about having a big squad but a least with a bigger squad you can have more options plus we could afford to have more squad rotations, giving players rests.

Nigel to be fair always takes the blame but never does anything about it, another thing to mention. Pearson said once the players that disrupted the dressing room had been got rid of, in others words because he got rid of players he simply couldn't handle and he couldn't be bothered to try and get these certain players on his side. In some ways it sounds like these players left because they questioned certain tactics and since then got treated badly.

When Sven was manager, there simply was no leader Sven picked the team gave some instructions and that was it, so the players at to sort themselves out and because of that there was loads of fall outs in the dressing room, when Nigel walked in he couldn't be bothered to sort it all out, get the players to listen to him and show them whose boss, plus prove to them why he's a good football manager. Instead he's turned round and said "if you don't like, then leave" sounds somewhat familiar?

I've got quite a bit of sympathy for this, Leicesterpool. Every team has fall outs and big egos, and it's down to the manager to sort it. There is of course an issue about whether those with the egos are as good as they think or not I know, but just shipping players out because they don't agree with you or are disruptive is not the way to deal with it. It's an academic point I know, but would Walsh, Lennon or Savage still be at City under Pearson? Perhaps Pearson would be more pragmatic if the talent of some of the supposedly more egotistical players was self evident, but I'm not sure. I also think it's far too easy to blame SGE for signing these players in the first place. Despite the recent falls in his stock value, SGE is a proven quality manager and quite capable of handing the big personalities. I think he was the first manager to win the league titles in three different leagues, including Italy. It's inconceivable to me that those teams did not contain some more disruptive personalities and Sven was a sufficiently capable man manager to get the best out of them. Similarly while from a revisionist perspective England's 'golden generation' did not perhaps achieve it's full potential, SGE qualified for each of the international tournaments he was manager for and reach quarter finals in each. And these teams had some very big egos [e.g. Rooney].

I've got quite a bit of sympathy for this, Leicesterpool. Every team has fall outs and big egos, and it's down to the manager to sort it.

There is of course an issue about whether those with the egos are as good as they think or not I know, but just shipping players out because they don't agree with you or are disruptive is not the way to deal with it. It's an academic point I know, but would Walsh, Lennon or Savage still be at City under Pearson? Perhaps Pearson would be more pragmatic if the talent of some of the supposedly more egotistical players was self evident, but I'm not sure. I also think it's far too easy to blame SGE for signing these players in the first place. Despite the recent falls in his stock value, SGE is a proven quality manager and quite capable of handing the big personalities. I think he was the first manager to win the league titles in three different leagues, including Italy. It's inconceivable to me that those teams did not contain some more disruptive personalities and Sven was a sufficiently capable man manager to get the best out of them. Similarly while from a revisionist perspective England's 'golden generation' did not perhaps achieve it's full potential, SGE qualified for each of the international tournaments he was manager for and reach quarter finals in each. And these teams had some very big egos [e.g. Rooney].

can u not move on mate? still talking abt SGE! We are 10 games from a play off! who knows 8 wins in 10 for auto and ur stuck in the past. get a grip son!

It's only a blip. :ph34r:

But I admit it's hard to take dropping so many points against lower-table opposition in quick succession.

We've had everything laid out for us on a silver plate with games in hand, other teams around us enjoying their own bad spells, and we've failed (so far).

There's still hope, and I do expect Pearson and the players to give it all they've got for the remaining ten games.

Otherwise, it'd have been a "blip" of rather unheard proportions - or when was the last time the team in 2nd spot dropped out of the Top Six with ten to 15 games to go?

So, you could question both Pearson's tactics (unattractive, stale hoofball that doesn't suit the players) and the players (for lacking courage and enthusiasm).

I guess the truth's probably a mixture of both.

Since we fcuked around with the team at Huddo away its all gone wrong.

Surely even a novice manager knows not to fcuk with a winning team.

To be fair to Pearson tho,the players he put in for that game SHOULD have been up for it and good wnough to do a job.

Think sometimes the players think they are better than they actually are.

Archived