Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Deucalion

The reason for our poor form...

could be that between 9th February and 9th March we have had 8 games.

We have had two winning runs this season, one from 19th September until 20th October. This saw us win 5 and draw one of our 6 games. Our next winning run was from 29th December until 31st January, where we won all five of our league games.

Forget Pearson's bust ups, lack of plan B or lack of tactical awareness, if it is your wont to blame our poor run on this, and instead look at fixture congestion and a small squad.

We have had two winning runs this season, one from 19th September until 20th October. This saw us win 5 and draw one of our 6 games. Our next winning run was from 29th December until 31st January, where we won all five of our league games.

Forget Pearson's bust ups, lack of plan B or lack of tactical awareness, if it is your wont to blame our poor run on this, and instead look at fixture congestion and a small squad.

Excuses.

Reasons.

http://www.thisisleicestershire.co.uk/Leicester-City-Nigel-Pearson-unfazed-tough/story-18077644-detail/story.html#axzz2N1FUTBV1

Manager Pearson said: "We have had to reschedule one or two games, but I would rather be in the competition (FA Cup) than not.

"It would have been nice to have got a positive result (in the first game at Huddersfield) but we will deal with it. We have an important game between now and then so I won't worry about that.

"We have worked hard on limiting the number of training injuries we have and we have been successful in doing that.

"But, throughout the course of a season, you will pick up some injuries and I think it is important now that we try to manage the squad as best as we can to try and keep as many players available as possible."

The Huddersfield game away in the cup was what started this bad run of form, due to us fielding a weaker side and that negatively affected the morale of the team. We've only won 2 of the last 9 games in all competitions, we really do need to stop the rot before it's too late.

The Huddersfield game away in the cup was what started this bad run of form, due to us fielding a weaker side and that negatively affected the morale of the team. We've only won 2 of the last 9 games in all competitions, we really do need to stop the rot before it's too late.

I doubt that's the reason. We played a weaker side against Burton in the League Cup, got knocked out, and went on to win 6 of our next 7 games. Just because that's when things started to go a little downhill doesn't mean that it's the reason for things going downhill.

Yes it is worrying. But every team has blips and we are no exception to the rule. It's just unfortunate it's come at the highlight of the season.

When has LCFC ever done anything the easy way.

utter rubbish...other teams have played the same amount of games in that time. Plus currently we have played a game less than most teams around us. So Nigel...........

I don't think this reason should be dismissed so lightly. It's obvious that we look tired and out of ideas .... it's just a different reason to sack the manager though - to think he could manage on such a ridiculously small squad - and loan out some of that squad too!!

My mate's mate doesn't usually go to games.

Couple of months ago he decided to go to one, we lost.

Recently he has gone to a couple, only one he hasn't been too recently is Blackburn, and we won.

So I blame him, his presence in the ground makes them play bad.

The team as become predictable to our opponents because there is no plan B, if there is a plan B then it must mean that, that the tactic used far too much, Pearson moaned about having a big squad but a least with a bigger squad you can have more options plus we could afford to have more squad rotations, giving players rests.

Nigel to be fair always takes the blame but never does anything about it, another thing to mention. Pearson said once the players that disrupted the dressing room had been got rid of, in others words because he got rid of players he simply couldn't handle and he couldn't be bothered to try and get these certain players on his side. In some ways it sounds like these players left because they questioned certain tactics and since then got treated badly.

When Sven was manager, there simply was no leader Sven picked the team gave some instructions and that was it, so the players at to sort themselves out and because of that there was loads of fall outs in the dressing room, when Nigel walked in he couldn't be bothered to sort it all out, get the players to listen to him and show them whose boss, plus prove to them why he's a good football manager. Instead he's turned round and said "if you don't like, then leave" sounds somewhat familiar?

I doubt that's the reason. We played a weaker side against Burton in the League Cup, got knocked out, and went on to win 6 of our next 7 games. Just because that's when things started to go a little downhill doesn't mean that it's the reason for things going downhill.

It was psychologically different. Our earlier run was relatively pressure free and at a time when we were generally playing well anyway. The second run incorporated new players, rebuilt our confidence after a disappointing run and was driving us towards a top two finish and potential Cup glory when all of a sudden winning didn't seem to matter enough to put our best team out.

Players in winning runs don't get tired or need rests they just want to play and see how far they can go with a team. Suddenly the momentum was gone and for no other reason than not fielding our strongest side. Yes, I understand that it might have happened anyway but bringing it on ourselves seemed to have a considerable effect on some of the players and on the fans.

Certainly I now have very little interest in watching Cup football at Leicester because I don't think we take it seriously. Yes, I know it's the modern trend, know there are fringe players who need a game but that's why we should have a proper reserves team. Top Premiership sides like Manchester United and Chelsea have big matches and the chance of big-time glory all the time so the situation is different even without mentioning the size and quality of their squads.

But we don't have such chances and our fans don't enjoy many big match treats so to throw such a good chance away made no real sense to me although I knew it would happen and didn't bother going.

Bouyancy in a club can be affected by these things and i think it was. And suddenly people are saying "Hold on, if the likes of Huddersfield and Burton can beat Leicester then so can we."

Any chance of us building an air of invincibility and putting fear into people evaporated. The psychological mindset is important in football but we don't seem to understand it. Either with the team or with individuals.

The team as become predictable to our opponents because there is no plan B, if there is a plan B then it must mean that, that the tactic used far too much, Pearson moaned about having a big squad but a least with a bigger squad you can have more options plus we could afford to have more squad rotations, giving players rests.

Nigel to be fair always takes the blame but never does anything about it, another thing to mention. Pearson said once the players that disrupted the dressing room had been got rid of, in others words because he got rid of players he simply couldn't handle and he couldn't be bothered to try and get these certain players on his side. In some ways it sounds like these players left because they questioned certain tactics and since then got treated badly.

When Sven was manager, there simply was no leader Sven picked the team gave some instructions and that was it, so the players at to sort themselves out and because of that there was loads of fall outs in the dressing room, when Nigel walked in he couldn't be bothered to sort it all out, get the players to listen to him and show them whose boss, plus prove to them why he's a good football manager. Instead he's turned round and said "if you don't like, then leave" sounds somewhat familiar?

Yet somehow it was sorted out. What do you reckon, magic?

My logic is this - the signing of Wood has been our downfall.

Now this sounds ridiculous, but I've said it elsewhere. I rate Wood, however I think we've used him completely wrong and we're paying the price.

Wood is the best finisher at the club, better than even Nugent IMO. But other than that, he really doesn't add a very lot. He's strong, but not great at holding the ball up by any means, his touch is appalling and he doesn't really seem to drop deep to receive the ball. I simply think that the signing of Wood has turned us into a long-ball side again, we've almost scrapped our passing game to build it around Wood, using him as almost a target man Howard-like role, but he's simply not as good as Howard at it. He's a great finisher but his physique is massively deceiving.

The saddest thing is, I still think he could've been the perfect signing. So many games this season we've created chances, whipped in great balls but no-one's been on the end of them. If we created chances for him in the style we had early season and didn't use him as a target man, I honestly think we'd be still battling for the top two. I think Pearson uses him wrong personally and I said my one gripe at the time with signing Wood was that I feared we'd go back to long-ball - and that's exactly what we've done.

The 6-1 v Huddersfield was everything I hoped Wood would add, but it seems like since then we've gone backwards. If we'd stuck with that kind of game, we would've romped fvcking mediocre at best sides like Charlton, Sheff Weds & Leeds. Well alright not romped, but we'd definitely have got more than a point from the three of them.

I don't buy any of this "rhythm lost in the cup game" personally, they're still the same players, they didn't forget how to play together because of just the one game. I think it's because we've changed our style to suit a big man yet he's not even effective in that way. I think this and our dwindling confidence on the ball (linked to pressure/results) is the reason we've tailed off and as much as I've liked Pearson, there seems to be no changing it.

I also think we miss the likes of James, but King/Drinkwater can play football and they're simply not performing to levels they did early season, Drinkwater in-particular.

Archived