Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Kasabian guitarist quits to join Beady Eye

http://www.thisislei...axzz2MxE4AAMw##

Kasabian guitarist Jay Mehler has quit the Leicestershire band to join Beady Eye.

He joined Kasabian in 2006 after original guitarist Christopher Karloff left.

The band was formed by friends from Blaby and Countesthorpe in 1997.

Jay did not performicon1.png with Kasabian at a Comic Relief concert this week - and will now join Liam Gallagher's

band ahead of the release of Beady Eye's second album later this year.

A post on Kasabian's official facebook page said: "Jay is our bro we’re all good and the last six years have been mega. He’s moving on and will be incredible in Beady Eye."

Since the 2011 release of fourth album Velociraptor! – their third number one and fourth platinum-selling record – last September, the band have toured the world, taking in Europe, Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Asia and America, as well as the UK

Wouldn't say Liam and Noel are class, still think both of their respective music still sounds like standard Oasis stuff.

I know Noel is a good songwriter, but he comes across as big headed. Doubt I could stay in his company for a long period.

Wouldn't say Liam and Noel are class, still think both of their respective music still sounds like standard Oasis stuff.

I know Noel is a good songwriter, but he comes across as big headed. Doubt I could stay in his company for a long period.

I meant together as Oasis. Both are legends. Hope one day they reunite so I can see them both together live.

• 3 weeks later...

Whatever happened to Chris Karloff by the way? Never heard of again but was quite a big part of writing their first album I think?

He lives in New York and has started a new band called Black Onassis (I'm sure that's how its spelt) I have heard a couple of their tunes.

Archived