Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
bernys_boys

should we start schlupp?

Schlupp looked good against Derby, played with desire and energy. I still don't think he's got enough goals in him to play up front, but if we use him on the left hand side - either at LB with Dyer in front of him or at LW with Konch behind him - he could be dangerous. He seems to be strogner than Dyer, but still has bags of pace and isn't scared to take a player on... his end product might not be up to much perhaps? But that's never stopped Pearson from playing Dyer. I'd start him at LB for our next game - he links up well with Dyer and it'll stop Konchesky from hoofing it forward at every opportunity. We need to stop this bloody long ball nonsense and get back to playing the high-tempo, pressing football that we played at the start of the season.

Pearson should be spending most of this training camp drilling it into the players that if we get frustrated, we can't just start smashing long balls up to Chris Wood. It's tempting, obviously, but it's getting us absolutely nowhere.

In answer to the OP's question - YES.

Personally, I would start him up front with Nugent and drop Wood to the bench - he was abysmal at Derby. Schlupp looks like he wants it, so why not channel that energy in the most effective place. I have no idea what's up with Wood but he did not look up for it at all.

And never mind Konchesky, our problem is more on the other side. If De Laet's not fit, I would bring back Moore or start Craig Shakespeare ahead of St Ledger after his performance.

It's frustration IMO. He's feeding off scraps at the minute and just has to deal with having long balls lumped up the pitch at him week in, week out. We need to stop this and get back to the style of football we were playing before.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jeffrey_Schlupp Its the era of the dark skinned guyss anyways dont worry @L_RoweTurner89 the lighties are out of fashion! ������������

Tweet from Schlupp. :dunno: Lathaniel Rowe Turner, they guy mentioned, is a black football who plays for Luton for those who don't know.

I don't know about you but I find this kind of comment a bit distasteful. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone but you'd think he'd realise how this could be interpreted. Perhaps I'm missing a bit of context here that makes this tweet a bit more acceptable than it seems.

Anyone else think this is a little indecent or am I overreacting?

EDIT: Following on from that he retweets this from Rowe Turner: @Jeffrey_Schlupp yh there old news bruv! #teamdarkskin 🙌👊
:/

@Jeffrey_Schlupp Its the era of the dark skinned guyss anyways dont worry @L_RoweTurner89 the lighties are out of fashion! ������������

Tweet from Schlupp. :dunno: Lathaniel Rowe Turner, they guy mentioned, is a black football who plays for Luton for those who don't know.

I don't know about you but I find this kind of comment a bit distasteful. I'm sure he didn't mean to offend anyone but you'd think he'd realise how this could be interpreted. Perhaps I'm missing a bit of context here that makes this tweet a bit more acceptable than it seems.

EDIT: Following on from that he retweets this from Rowe Turner: @Jeffrey_Schlupp yh there old news bruv! #teamdarkskin ������������

lol lol lol. Its about women starting to prefer darker black men than mixed race men? What does this have to do with starting Schlupp

lol lol lol. Its about women starting to prefer darker black men than mixed race men? What does this have to do with starting Schlupp

It doesn't, but I didn't want to start a new thread and I couldn't see a plain "Jeffrey Schlupp" thread.

Still think that kind of comment is distasteful.

EDIT: Following on from that he retweets this from Rowe Turner: @Jeffrey_Schlupp yh there old news bruv! #teamdarkskin ������������

He probably doesn't care. Just having a bit of banter with a mate.

Lighten up a little.

Archived